Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 223>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:03pm
And that he comes across as a but of an idiot at times. I hadn't seen his son mentioned until now.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbhoy Jimbhoy wrote:

Robbie Keane scored as many international goals as Gerd Muller. More international goals than Lineker, Owen, Rooney, Shearer, Dalglish, Henry and every other international striker with the exception of approximately 8 or 9 other players. All this was achieved playing up front with the likes of Keogh, Cox, Doherty and others. I find it amazing that the same people who are defending Stephen Kenny's appalling record as Ireland manager are so willing to abuse one of Ireland's top 5 players of all time. I don't care if he is arrogant, or continues to take a wage he's perfectly entitled to from the FAI. People on here are even having a pop at his son. Disgusting way to treat someone who never let his country down like the clowns we have got playing for us today.

Clap

It's a strange one alright.

He always turned up - always wanted to play.  I think he came back from LA when he was injured too.
An unbelievable servant for us.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:18pm
Robbie Keane is a legend of a player our greatest goalscorer of all time.  

That doesn't mean he should automatically get a job coaching with the Irish senior team.  Whoever drew up his contract had a lot to answer for.  

There should be no abuse of him or his family.   

Kenny was right not to have him as part of his coaching team if he didnt want to. 

Edited by Baldrick - 02 Apr 2021 at 4:19pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And that he comes across as a but of an idiot at times. I hadn't seen his son mentioned until now.

I can't remember what was said but there was definitely a pop at his son a few pages ago alright.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I can't remember what was said but there was definitely a pop at his son a few pages ago alright.
My u10s played against his son’s u10’s two years ago at our place. Robbie was a gent, talking to people who approached, posing for photos with kids etc. Ive been critical off him but he was a gent that day to be fair to him.

Not easy on his son trying to enjoy football with all the attention his Da gets on the sideline.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

That doesn't mean he should automatically get a job coaching with the Irish senior team.  Whoever drew up his contract had a lot to answer for.  

Kenny was right not to have him as part of his coaching team if he didnt want to. 

Spot on. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:16pm

this level of logic, reason, and general sense has no place on this forum !
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Spot on. 
It shouldn't need saying, but there we are!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

My u10s played against his son’s u10’s two years ago at our place. Robbie was a gent, talking to people who approached, posing for photos with kids etc. Ive been critical off him but he was a gent that day to be fair to him.

Not easy on his son trying to enjoy football with all the attention his Da gets on the sideline.

How good was his young lad?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:49pm
Very good player but only 10 so we shall see how far he goes.

Obviously his name will open doors for him as thats how things go with football in this country.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Very good player but only 10 so we shall see how far he goes.

Obviously his name will open doors for him as thats how things go with football in this country.
I’m sure he’ll be judged on his ability in the end up. To be fair there is no shortage of overbearing parents with No football background getting badges and running teams in my locality!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:30am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:05am
Tricky one with Robbie as i think he will land a job but maybe lower than the Championship and will have to hit the ground running like all coaches have to .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It would be good to see Robbie Keane back with a Championship club as coach or assistant manager. Or maybe in charge in League 1. Stephen Kenny didn't rate him - preferring/accepting a backroom of Kelly, Duff and Higgins, all of whom disappeared, and Keith what-the-fuk-does-he-do Andrews. Robbie's lack of appeal, apparently, is centred on him negotiating a good FAI contract. That some highly-qualified YBIG coaches/managers/pundits think he's unworthy is also a burden. 

Himself and Woodgate almost conspired to relegate Middlesbrough. His only experience in coaching reflected very negatively on his abilities. He has failed at championship level, why would anyone be stupid enough to employ him at the same level?

The fact that you wonder 'what-the-fuk-does-he-do' for Andrews but think Keane is potentially a golden ticket is beyond hilarious and completely embarrassing.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:19am
the fact that Woodgate didn’t bring him to Bournemouth and McCarthy didn’t bring him to Cardiff says a lot. 
AKA pedantic kunt
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It would be good to see Robbie Keane back with a Championship club as coach or assistant manager. Or maybe in charge in League 1. Stephen Kenny didn't rate him - preferring/accepting a backroom of Kelly, Duff and Higgins, all of whom disappeared, and Keith what-the-fuk-does-he-do Andrews. Robbie's lack of appeal, apparently, is centred on him negotiating a good FAI contract. That some highly-qualified YBIG coaches/managers/pundits think he's unworthy is also a burden. 
What did you think of the goals?
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:42pm

the fact that Woodgate didn’t bring him to Bournemouth and McCarthy didn’t bring him to Cardiff says a lot. 

It says everything. Even when he was playing, I never put him in the potential “coach/ manager” category.

Nice money if you can get it though! 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

It says everything. Even when he was playing, I never put him in the potential “coach/ manager” category.

Nice money if you can get it though! 
Keane lives here afaik, maybe C19 has a bearing on things. Putting out the cones for training may not be regarded as essential travel.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 223>
  Share Topic