You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 153>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:13am
Robbie has the tricolour on his boots. Nice touch. God we will miss him when he's gone.
Sponsored Links

Propagandhi View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:52am
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 12:39pm
Has scored a good goal against Sporting Lisbon. Live on ESPN. Channel 417.
Lewy-16 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy-16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:40pm
Just back from Spurs match v Sporting. Can't understand how Redknapp has this fascination with Crouch and Defoe...both limited players. Keane both sets up and scores goals...head and shoulders above others on the pitch tonight. Hope for Robbie's sake that Redknapp realises this..
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:45pm
i went as well, great performance from keane, he even waved at me during warm ups
Lewy-16 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy-16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:50pm
Robbie seemed to be in great spirits...maybe he realises that because Crouch and Defoe not back for another week or so, and Pav injured he has chance to make himself irreplaceable. He was Spurs leader out there and hope it continues..
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 8:56pm

Alex  Ferguson was asked once whether he was interesed in signing Robbie Keane, around the time when he was scoring for fun and on the market.

Ferguson, who had  the strikeforce that he had bought and put together was asked on sky whether he was gonna buy Robbie Keane
His answer was that hed buy him for half a mill and put him in the reserves.
an honest answer
he never said that Keane was sh*t, at the time he had bought his desired strikeforce which was scoring goals and winning games and so the question was ridiculous.
I bet Fergie doesnt even remember it.

Yet , a lot of Irish said that he would do a good job for United which unfortunately was met with all the barstool , new to sky sports united fans who thought that they had to back up Fergie by saying Keane wasnt good (which he never said)........and so deny all Robbie Keanes records

90 pc of Keane begrudgers are Utd fans

sad bastards
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:47pm
fans were throwing shirts and stuff up into the players box, credit to him he signed everything that came his way. class act and a legend for ireland
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:01am
Keane took his goal well last night

Still dont think he has a future at Spurs, i just dont think Redknapp rates him which is strange cos id take him ahead of  Crouch everytime
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Still dont think he has a future at Spurs, i just dont think Redknapp rates him which is strange cos id take him ahead of  Crouch everytime

Dont understand why he brought him back to the Lane or was it Levy's choice?

No matter, he wont be stuck for offers.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:33am
If Defoe wasnt at Spurs then I would say yes Robbie should definitely stay.  But 'arry and the media are always going to pick Defoe over Robbie unfortunately.  Defoe started the season well last year but was awful for the last ten games or so, just a pity Robbie wasnt around to take advantage.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Dont understand why he brought him back to the Lane or was it Levy's choice?

No matter, he wont be stuck for offers.

i wondered that as well, considering redknapp really seems to hate him. would love if he went to villa
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 11:13am

The injury which ruled Robbie Keane out of Tottenham's pre-season trip to Portugal is not thought to be serious.

Keane reportedly sustained a knee problem, which meant he did not travel to Lisbon for Tuesday night's friendly against Benfica.

Republic of Ireland striker Keane has been repeatedly linked with a move away from White Hart Lane since spending the second half of last season on loan at Celtic.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 11:14am
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 10:21am
From the Perpetual Post

KAREN PATEL: Inter Milan, Leeds United (during their success in the early 2000′s), Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Celtic… Robbie Keane’s CV is impressive.  A product of Wolverhampton Wanderers’ (Wolves) youth academy, Keane’s talent was apparent from the beginning. He quickly established himself in the Wolves’ starting line-up and scored 11 goals in 45 appearances. His debut season in 1997/98 was actually the first season I began to follow soccer, so I have witnessed the highs and lows of Keane’s career.

I remember watching him play for Coventry City in 1999 and noticed he possessed tremendous skill and an eye for goal. This video is a compilation of what he was capable of in his ‘Sky Blue’ days.  He was certainly an exciting talent and at such a young age he displayed great potential.   His goalscoring record wasn’t as impressive as other strikers, but he was always a threat and played a part in most of Coventry City’s goals. Then Inter Milan snapped him up, a move which he stated as his “dream” (he likes to say that a lot) but it didn’t work out and he was loaned back to Leeds United, where he had a better time.

Leeds United then ran into a lot of financial trouble and many of their top players, including Keane, (and Rio Ferdinand) had to be sold.   Tottenham Hotspur bought him for £7million in 2002 and Keane’s star was to rise once again. He was top scorer in his first season with the Spurs, scoring 13 goals. However the next year he struggled to regain his goalscoring touch and fell out of favour, but he worked hard and remained persistent. In 2006, he struck up a great attacking partnership with Dimitar Berbatov. Keane’s hard running combined with Berbatov’s skill and class was a hit for Spurs and the goals rained in.

Then Keane was signed by Liverpool in summer 2008. His striker partner Berbatov also left for Manchester United, and Spurs suffered.   This was a period of Keane’s career that left me extremely disappointed. He arrived at Anfield proclaiming it was his “childhood dream” but he failed to step up to the mark. Liverpool’s manager at the time could be at fault for not playing Keane in his preferred position but if you’re playing for your ‘dream’ club surely you would be willing to make a compromise just to have the honor of pulling on the shirt? No. Keane sulked and the media attention around him only worsened the situation. When he was loaned to Celtic last season, he again claimed it was his “dream”.  He did relatively well there and now he is back at Spurs ready for the new season.

Robbie Keane irks me as a Liverpool fan because in my eyes, he didn’t try hard enough. He didn’t show the commitment that Liverpool fans need. He was very selfish with the ball and felt the game was all about him. In my opinion, he let himself down.   And saying that every club you join is a “dream” does make you look silly after a few years.

His talent is unquestionable, and I think he is better off with Spurs. He seems comfortable there and if he keeps working hard, he will get his chance again, just as he during his first period at Spurs. However, he needs to keep his head down and work for the team, and not let his ego or sense of self-importance jeopardize his chances again.  If he really wants to play every week and not feel threatened by other strikers, then maybe he should start setting his sights a little lower.

HOWARD MEGDAL: As a recent convert to Tottenham Hotspur, I was fortunate enough to see the club in a pair of matches at Red Bull Arena, just 30 minutes from my house. As a reward, Robbie Keane, the long-tenured member of Spurs, showed me his goal-scoring prowess in both the Thursday and Sunday contests. In other words, I got to experience what Spurs fans had 121 times coming into this season. I felt an immediate sense of continuity between my experience and that of the long-time diehards.

But now, with the transfer talk heating up around Keane, it appears I got him just before he left. The Ireland standout didn’t make the trip to face Benefica Tuesday, and it appears Harry Redknapp has other striker targets he intends to acquire before Spurs open against Manchester City on August 14. (Keane is said to be injured- as was Freddie Ljungberg, just prior to his acquisition by the Chicago Fire.)

This is a shame; Keane is not only a long-tenured member of the club (with some unfortunate interruptions, as detailed by Karen), but he is a different kind of finisher than a Peter Crouch, for instance, making him an effective change-of-pace for the oversized English international.

As for Karen’s criticism of Keane as saying a few times that joining a new team is “a dream”, I would ask her: who among us hasn’t had multiple dreams? I applaud him for being in touch with his unconscious!

For his part, Keane was clearly in-form during both the Red Bull Arena matches. Playing against defenders in the middle of their seasons, Keane routinely found space, and didn’t miss when getting the opportunities. I could almost picture myself at White Hart Lane, retroactively, cheering for Keane.

But now, it appears that is the only way I’ll get to do it. What a rude introduction to the transfer window.

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Propagandhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:13am

Robbie Keane could be on his way out of Tottenham Hotspur after Giovanni Trapattoni revealed the Republic of Ireland striker is considering his future at White Hart Lane.

The Irish senior boss hinted that Keane's absence from Spurs' friendly victory over Benfica on Tuesday night was not due to a knee injury.

Speculation has been growing after Keane was left out of Spurs manager Harry Redknapp's squad for the trip to Portugal.

Trapattoni yesterday suggested Keane is mulling over his options.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:52am

Think he could still do it at Spurs if he was given a chance. Otherwise he'd be great the someone like Villa, Fulham, Wolves etc. Surprised someone from the continent doesn't go in for him either.

He'll still do it for us regardless.
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 10:15am
Just scored for Spurs against Fiorentina, good finish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 153>
  Share Topic