You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 182>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

He wouldn’t even have to move his family over. Just move further afield himself for 3/4 years. Internet makes this manageable  and when your that rich paying to fly them in and out 4 months of the year is not a big deal. 

Looked to me like he implied he was holding out for a PL move ahead of that. Will he get one who knows. 

Harry Wilson is another great example actually signed for Fulham when Benfica were banging his door down trying to recruit him as Fulham offered more money. Astonishing when that is now the case a Championship club can offer more cash then a club with the CV/tradition of Benfica. 

In fairness though, it doesnt work that way, when you have a family. You end up looking for options which suit your family best, and relocating in the UK, with a full family, at the age of 30 may just be more appealing. I think most of us would like to see him playing at Galatasary, or Locamotiv Moscow as opposed to Cardiff, but he will have other priorities at this stage. This was to my point over on the Parrott thread that young lads should look for years abroad early in play, and it either becomes cultural to them, or the grow on the back of it. But that's early in play.

Wilson, well, if the Benfica thing is actually real, id be surprised at a willingness to play Championship (albeit in London)over somewhere like Lisbon and Benfica.

Benfica made an offer that has half the size of Fulham's - He was never going to Portugal.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

All the lads living at home with their Mammies giving off because a player doesn’t want to relocate to another Country away from his family! Classic.

Why would he need to relocate away from his family?

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I was told that Robbie is not in the UK at the moment .

I will leave it at that .

LOLLOLLOL MI5 stuff
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

All the lads living at home with their Mammies giving off because a player doesn’t want to relocate to another Country away from his family! Classic.

It’s 2021 not everything evolves around the ‘bread winner’ in the family. Kids settled in schools, partner could be settled in work and might not want to relocate to another foreign country! Thousand of reasons why they may not want to relocate but some guy living in his Mammies basement is upset that he won’t move further abroad.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 4:00pm

It’s 2021 not everything evolves around the ‘bread winner’ in the family. Kids settled in schools, partner could be settled in work and might not want to relocate to another foreign country! Thousand of reasons why they may not want to relocate but some guy living in his Mammies basement is upset that he won’t move further abroad.

Why do you keep bringing up people's mammies, Finch? LOL

Anyways, there are hundreds of players from all over the globe with wives and children who play in the PL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1.

Presumably, when they move to another country they rent a house and put their children in a school. It's 2021 so they could probably source an English language school in less than 5 minutes if they put their heads together. They even have these things called airplanes now, no more than 1-2 hours away from the UK at any given point in time, so he wouldn't be relying on carrier pigeons or morse code to communicate with friends and loved ones!

We only ever hear this refrain from players from Ireland, and to a lesser extent, the UK. It strikes me as very cosseted behaviour. I doubt his wife has a job that would prevent her from leaving TBH but I'm open to correction. 2-year-old presumably hasn't started school yet and you generally don't start meaningful friendships at age 7.

He's 29-years-old and will likely be retired in 4 or 5 years. His eldest child wouldn't even be a teenager by then.

I'd say he'd have no problem moving to another continent to play in America or Australia oddly enough but, as I say, too cosseted, entitled, and whipped to even consider playing in a country where English might not be the first language and where the pubs and fashion boutiques might not be up to snuff.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 30 Jul 2021 at 4:05pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 4:03pm
I think Hotlips has a very valid point here - People are definitely like robots so because moving abroad suited one person, it will definitely suit everybody 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think Hotlips has a very valid point here - People are definitely like robots so because moving abroad suited one person, it will definitely suit everybody 

How come you never hear this refrain from Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish, African, Brazilian or Eastern European footballers?

Is it a cultural laziness or entitlement inherent among Irish/British players?

I don't think it's a coincidence that Irish players are much less willing to sacrifice alcohol and fast food for the betterment of their careers, either.

I just find it baffling TBH. It's a short career for all of them and retirement age is generally reached before the oldest child would reach their teens.

They can't wait until age 33 or 34 to settle down and stagnate wherever they want?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 4:11pm
how long has he been in dublin? the kids over here have only just started their summer holliers. it appears he doesn't have any issue with moving "overseas" without the family. 

p.s. this is one of the dumbest issues i've seen debated on ybig.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 4:15pm
simple as this if Brady wants to stay in the uk for whatever trains that’s his right and he doesn’t have to move for the betterment of Irish football.  If he wants to move from the uk and it suits his family more power to him also.  Lads giving out about what lads do with their career choices.  Living away from your partner and kids is not for everyone and some partners and kids may not want to move from the UK.  Perfect scenario for Brady is to keep his wife happy and benefit his football at the same time. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 5:05pm
I'm all for players trying new league etc but I'd say the main reason he wants to stay in England is that he will earn more money there, even in the Championship.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'm all for players trying new league etc but I'd say the main reason he wants to stay in England is that he will earn more money there, even in the Championship.

In a nut shell. At a certain age finding a league suiting your style of play doesn't factor in. Unfortunately, at every stage money will always play a major role in a player's decision. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 8:18pm
Are you all in close contact with Brady or all this talk about him leaving his family to play abroad/doesn't want to go abroad/he'll find it easy to locate an English speaking school for his kids/his wife doesn't have a job that she would mind leaving anyway etc, just pure speculation?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:05pm
This chap's in some serious denial about the gravity of his injury problems and how it'll affect him getting any kind of move, let alone a PL one at the age he is: https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/robbie-brady-transfer-burnley-ireland-21263632.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:26pm
Quotes all lifted from this interview in the examiner a week and a half ago: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40348823.html

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Quotes all lifted from this interview in the examiner a week and a half ago: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40348823.html

They credited the Examiner in the article.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:40pm
Baffled why since day one (and to this day) Kenny waxes lyrical about him. Surely we've better (reliable) options at this point.

Kenny has a similar blind spot for James McCarthy. Talks about him like he's Pirlo or something. I guess every manager has it. There's what you want players to be in your head, and what in fact they are right now. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:50pm

Why did you post it, given you already commented on the original article?

"Interest from European suitors and beyond have been registered too, though the prospect of uprooting his wife Kerrie and their children, Halle (7) and Louis (2), forms part of the criteria."

What year is it, 1937? Do they not have schools in countries outside the UK and Ireland and America and Australia?

Getting to the point where Irish players should just cut out the middle man and make their wives their agents and business advisors.

Is he going to sign for Dag & Red as opposed to a team in France, Germany, Portugal, Turkey or Holland if no presentable offer arises in the Championship or Premier League?

You'd swear it's a lifetime commitment he'd be making and something that thousands of other grown adults from hundreds of other countries don't do as part of his privileged profession.

Don't worry, Robbie. I'm sure they have pints and vodka and kebabs in places outside the UK as well. Ermm

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 09 Aug 2021 at 10:51pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:07pm

Why did you post it, given you already commented on the original article?

"Interest from European suitors and beyond have been registered too, though the prospect of uprooting his wife Kerrie and their children, Halle (7) and Louis (2), forms part of the criteria."

What year is it, 1937? Do they not have schools in countries outside the UK and Ireland and America and Australia?

Getting to the point where Irish players should just cut out the middle man and make their wives their agents and business advisors.

Is he going to sign for Dag & Red as opposed to a team in France, Germany, Portugal, Turkey or Holland if no presentable offer arises in the Championship or Premier League?

You'd swear it's a lifetime commitment he'd be making and something that thousands of other grown adults from hundreds of other countries don't do as part of his privileged profession.

Don't worry, Robbie. I'm sure they have pints and vodka and kebabs in places outside the UK as well. Ermm

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 164165166167168 182>
  Share Topic