You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 182>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Out for the season due to a torn tendon the latest news. 

Bad injury. Is it a better outcome than the cruciate though?
The above article, albeit concerning American Football, suggests that if anything, a patellar tendon tear could be worse than a cruciate tear, or even an achilles tear:
<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 33; font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica; font-size: 14px;">"Of all common football injuries, the patellar tendon rupture has long offered the lowest rate of recovery to pre-injury effectiveness."</span>
[COLOR=#222221" face="arial, verdana, helvetica]<span style="font-size: 14px;]
</span>[/COLOR]

That said, the article is more encouraging when it goes on to say:[COLOR=#222221" face="arial, verdana, helvetica]<span style="font-size: 14px;]
</span>[/COLOR]
<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 33; font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica; font-size: 14px;">"Might we be on the verge of a similar breakthrough in [the management of] patellar-tendon recoveries, with Cruz, Seahawks</span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 33; font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica; font-size: 14px;"> tight end Jimmy Graham </span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 33; font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica; font-size: 14px;">and Cowboys </span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 33; font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica; font-size: 14px;">cornerback Morris Claiborne </span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 33; font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica; font-size: 14px;">as the vanguard?"</span>

I daresay Burnley are pretty clued up on the latest developments in sports injury medicine, so a trip out to America for Brady might be on the cards?

His missus had a him on Instagram yesterday at home on the couch and a comment up today that she had to go to his side in hospital so I'd gather from that he is having the Op local to where he lives
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

been nominated for Premier League Player of the Month for November.
Stuff the ballot box here: https://potm.easports.com/

Done.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
Apparently he travelled to Scotland with Burnley today. He's been back in training too. Hopefully not too far away. I doubt he'll play Wales in September but the October double header at home will probably be when he makes it back.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Apparently he travelled to Scotland with Burnley today. He's been back in training too. Hopefully not too far away. I doubt he'll play Wales in September but the October double header at home will probably be when he makes it back.
He has played 45 minutes at Preston on Monday I think or it may have been Ashton , look which ever . Dyche said he want to ease him in slowly I think he will have another 45 then may start in the first game at Southampton , he is not far off by all accounts .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 4:44pm
Off injured after 42 minutes of Burnley's friendly against Montpellier today.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:16pm
What was the injury?

Edit: hamstring tweak apparently. Balls.

Still, I don't think anyone was expecting him back before October.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 29 Jul 2018 at 5:18pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 7:00pm
Precautionary, according to the club.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 8:05pm
Injuries like that are fairly standard after a long term injury. Bound to have a few niggles
Danger here, OH NO
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 11:36am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:46pm
Nick Pope described Brady as his least intelligent team mate at Burnley. Also said that he's never driven despite being in England for 10 years.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:50pm
Thank god he's a footballer and not an F1 driver in that case!
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Nick Pope described Brady as his least intelligent team mate at Burnley. Also said that he's never driven despite being in England for 10 years.
Eight years and neither have I, what's your point?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:20pm
Wouldn't blame him for not driving in England. We think drivers here are bad, should go to England and drive for a bit and you'll have your eyes opened about dodgy driving.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Eight years and neither have I, what's your point?

I would imagine the public transport in the areas which you are based are better than those in Hull and Burnley.

Just found it weird, especially as he wouldn't be short of a few quid.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 2:31pm
All he needs is a local minicab firm! Public transport is decent in Lancashire, it is brutal where I live but it is a small city where everyone either cycles or walks. The train to London is all that's needed, when it isn't cancelled.

Edited by pre Madonna - 12 Sep 2018 at 2:32pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:40pm
Good news on the Brady front As Robbie could be back in the starting line up from next week .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:44pm
Who has covered for Robbie for Burnley while he has been out injured? How have they faired? Will he struggle to get back into the team?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 8:56pm
It'll be a big boost for Burnley when they get him and Defour back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 182>
  Share Topic