Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 182>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

With the Euros on last year a lot of players involved in it haven't had a decent rest in two seasons . Think that fact is underestimated a lot. Brady (as well as Hendrick, Duffy) looked knackered v Austria . The break will do them good.

He is only 25.... tiredness should not be an issue.

It probably is after a long season regardless of age.
There's a reason Fergie, Wenger and all them were harping on about the amount of games played for players in the English leagues.
It's a fairly bullsh*t excuse. The only major league with less games in the German League.

But there's other domestic cup competitions and the Championship has 8 more fixtures than the Premiership.

If the managers in the EPL, Klopp more recently are telling you there's too many games with no winter break unlike most European leagues, then they're hardly making it up for the craic.

I would go with what they're saying.

Do you think tiredness/lack of energy had no factor in O'Neill's selection for the Italy game or is that a bullsh*t excuse too?

Do you know who never complain of tiredness? The league champions....

ConfusedLOL

If Mourinho,Klopp,Wenger,Fergie who have all won leagues themselves are telling you tiredness is a factor due to no winter break and more games played per season, do you not think they're in a better position to make that call as they're the professionals who work in it year in year out

Have any of them said that when they actually won the league?  or was it in the years they didn't win the league.

In 1999 Man U played more games than anybody that season and I don't remember them complaining how tired they were. 

Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:08pm
Not even that they played all them games ..., think about the stamina of Dwight York - Riding absolutely everything he could get his hands on
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Not even that they played all them games ..., think about the stamina of Dwight York - Riding absolutely everything he could get his hands on
It probably took more out of him than actually playing in matches. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

It probably took more out of him than actually playing in matches. LOL

LOL

mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:55pm
bundy wrote:

Tiredness is the worst possible excuse I've ever heard from professional footballers. It's a copout & I don't believe it to be the case for any footballer for even a second.

My brother has played senior intercounty hurling for the last 5 years. In the last 5 years he's had almost no break from hurling at all between club & county. He's an accountant and he often works through lunch in order to make it out the door for training. He has 3 children under the age of 6 and they've never had a family holiday, something which bothers him most about what he does. In all the years he has been playing he has never complained about tiredness. I can remember when he was 18 and in first year in college he was on the hurling & football panels for the college & the club at minor, U21 & senior as well as playing minor & u21 for the county. Between training & matches he was on the go for 7 days straight. Even then I didn't hear him complain once.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jainey mac... give him a medal.. no he has loads , I hope....
give him  a holiday or a pair of crutches
Come on Irelind
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think playing him in his natural position is as important as a rest for him.

I agree to a point. Currently speaking it probably is important to play him on the left flank but in time the experience he's getting playing more central will hopefully be an asset to us.
But apart from a thirty minute spell against Italy there it hasn't worked. He may well be able to do a job centrally in the future but right now he can't.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm

I agree to a point. Currently speaking it probably is important to play him on the left flank but in time the experience he's getting playing more central will hopefully be an asset to us.

But apart from a thirty minute spell against Italy there it hasn't worked. He may well be able to do a job centrally in the future but right now he can't.

I would prefer him on the left myself . I'm just pointing out that the more games he or anyone else plays in a certain position the better the more competent they will be.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:24pm

I would prefer him on the left myself . I'm just pointing out that the more games he or anyone else plays in a certain position the better the more competent they will be.
I understand that, but at the moment he is little more than a passenger playing anywhere but on the left. I think he can drop in left back if we are needing a goal but his positioning is very suspect for to start  a game there.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 4:53pm
I agree . He and Hendrick did well v Italy and Germany when the stakes were high but they definitely lack something . Hopefully it's just experience . Managing game situations comes with that ..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:10am
Not sure he has the pace to be an out-and-out left winger.  He has rarely played there for us - at most as a left-sided midfielder in a diamond, with the likes of McClean outside of him - such as against Italy.  He plays that more central role quite well as he is nippy, has great feet and can pick a pass.

I think Dunphy said his best position may be left back.  I think there is something to that: it gives him more time on the ball and the chance to ping more passes.  Also, he has more than enough pace for that position. Not so great in the air though, and possible question marks on positioning.  

Playing left back for Ireland, I've always been impressed, bar the one error against Poland in the Aviva where the lad cut inside and a goal came of it.

Questions re attitude are wide of the mark.  People talk about him as a future captain for Ireland and he has captained us before. You don't get that from MON and RK if you're not 100% committed.  His character has shone through a number of times before.  Obviously, the Italy goal when he traversed the whole pitch to get on the end of the cross, and then having the guts to step up and slot the penalty against France.  Sheer balls. 

But he is a bit of an odd player: he doesn't have an obvious position, but at the same time, HAS to be in the team because of his set-pieces.  

Shame we don't have rolling subs - would be great to have him on for corners and free-kicks and have the option to hook him then!

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:37pm
Brady is a shocking left-back. The "lack of pace" argument is something I could never get my head around either, he's no Theo Walcott but he's still easily one of our fastest players. All of the evidence points to left-midfield being his best position, failing that he's useful in a midfield trio, but he should only be used at LB in emergencies.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Brady is a shocking left-back. The "lack of pace" argument is something I could never get my head around either, he's no Theo Walcott but he's still easily one of our fastest players. All of the evidence points to left-midfield being his best position, failing that he's useful in a midfield trio, but he should only be used at LB in emergencies.
Correct, although I am not sure about him in a midfield trio either. Left of a flat four or as a winger in a five are his only positions.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 8:37pm
Robbie scored a cracker for Burnley tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:40pm
Love Robbie Brady, best pic of 2016
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:51pm
What a ball for Wood's equaliser! 

He's in great form going into next week Clap
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:01pm
Appears back on form. Great stuff.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:05pm
H'on Robbie lad
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 6:40pm
Just caught the goal. What a f**kING ball. Talk about defence splitting.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 182>
  Share Topic