Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 182>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think playing him in his natural position is as important as a rest for him.

Out of interest, where do you believe his natural position to be?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Left of midfield, has he ever, bar rare exceptions, played well anywhere else?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

If I was training 3 times a day 3 days a week and playing games at 25 years I would be bolloxed !

Well that's a strong argument.

I'm sure athletes all over the world on a tiny fraction of footballers wages would agree with you.

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 11:09pm
No excuse this tiredness sh*te ... maybe if they were having a dirty fry at 9 then out to train at 10 then come in and drop a litre of Coke and chill out watch Jerry Springer . Until 12 and then have toasted cheese ham and onion with a cup of scald with a twix and back out to train for 1.30 . Back in at 3 ish and Bondi Recsue is on for 2 hours and then it's time for cream mash potatoes with corned beef and white sauce with York cabbage . Out the door for the late night training and you are bet into your training bib like Peter Kay in the John Smith advert and give it your all !

No the reality is that these lads have the best of facilities , physios , nutritionists and food that money can buy . Tiredness get over it lads
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

No excuse this tiredness sh*te ... maybe if they were having a dirty fry at 9 then out to train at 10 then come in and drop a litre of Coke and chill out watch Jerry Springer . Until 12 and then have toasted cheese ham and onion with a cup of scald with a twix and back out to train for 1.30 . Back in at 3 ish and Bondi Recsue is on for 2 hours and then it's time for cream mash potatoes with corned beef and white sauce with York cabbage . Out the door for the late night training and you are bet into your training bib like Peter Kay in the John Smith advert and give it your all !

No the reality is that these lads have the best of facilities , physios , nutritionists and food that money can buy . Tiredness get over it lads
Hummmm not too sure about that one Butch as you have to remember different clubs have different ideas on fitness as I know for a fact that Dyche at Burnley has a very high tempo game to close down players on the pitch and fitness is key .
Steven Defour is a class act for Burnley but he will not stay as Dyche has said the all of last season " Steven is not fit enough as yet and still has issues " . This I am sure what has happened to Robbie as it has been a culture shock ( moving to Burnley has to be LOL ) and he has still yet to get to grips with it but I do think he will have a super season and we will see the best of him .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:44am

That was brilliant mate
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:50am

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Left of midfield, has he ever, bar rare exceptions, played well anywhere else?

I personally think he could play as our new Wes. Has the feet and the eye for a bass. And would be class coming on to breaking ball at the edge of the box. Again if he sorts himself out.
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:07am
Tiredness is the worst possible excuse I've ever heard from professional footballers. It's a copout & I don't believe it to be the case for any footballer for even a second.

My brother has played senior intercounty hurling for the last 5 years. In the last 5 years he's had almost no break from hurling at all between club & county. He's an accountant and he often works through lunch in order to make it out the door for training. He has 3 children under the age of 6 and they've never had a family holiday, something which bothers him most about what he does. In all the years he has been playing he has never complained about tiredness. I can remember when he was 18 and in first year in college he was on the hurling & football panels for the college & the club at minor, U21 & senior as well as playing minor & u21 for the county. Between training & matches he was on the go for 7 days straight. Even then I didn't hear him complain once.

Brady has, & always has had, a terrible f**kïng attitude & it pisses me off. Over the last 6 months he just looks like he can't be bothered & fellas defending him must know this deep down.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hummmm not too sure about that one Butch as you have to remember different clubs have different ideas on fitness as I know for a fact that Dyche at Burnley has a very high tempo game to close down players on the pitch and fitness is key .
Steven Defour is a class act for Burnley but he will not stay as Dyche has said the all of last season " Steven is not fit enough as yet and still has issues " . This I am sure what has happened to Robbie as it has been a culture shock ( moving to Burnley has to be LOL ) and he has still yet to get to grips with it but I do think he will have a super season and we will see the best of him .

Do you really believe if Brady gets an extra 3 weeks off he will no longer be tired and will play great football? 
I hope it works but I don't think its that simple.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Tiredness is the worst possible excuse I've ever heard from professional footballers. It's a copout & I don't believe it to be the case for any footballer for even a second.

My brother has played senior intercounty hurling for the last 5 years. In the last 5 years he's had almost no break from hurling at all between club & county. He's an accountant and he often works through lunch in order to make it out the door for training. He has 3 children under the age of 6 and they've never had a family holiday, something which bothers him most about what he does. In all the years he has been playing he has never complained about tiredness. I can remember when he was 18 and in first year in college he was on the hurling & football panels for the college & the club at minor, U21 & senior as well as playing minor & u21 for the county. Between training & matches he was on the go for 7 days straight. Even then I didn't hear him complain once.

Brady has, & always has had, a terrible f**kïng attitude & it pisses me off. Over the last 6 months he just looks like he can't be bothered & fellas defending him must know this deep down.

Anateur hurling isn't professional football bud . Apples and oranges
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:14am

Amateur hurling isn't professional football bud . They are different games that require different demands of an athletes body . Apples and oranges there. Also , being 18 is different to being 25. Lot more mileage on the clock for an athlete in 7 years. I appreciate your brother seems like a good lad but you first line that no professional footballer should complain about being tired is just not true and something you would expect to hear from a GAA man
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

With the Euros on last year a lot of players involved in it haven't had a decent rest in two seasons . Think that fact is underestimated a lot. Brady (as well as Hendrick, Duffy) looked knackered v Austria . The break will do them good.

He is only 25.... tiredness should not be an issue.

It probably is after a long season regardless of age.
There's a reason Fergie, Wenger and all them were harping on about the amount of games played for players in the English leagues.
It's a fairly bullsh*t excuse. The only major league with less games in the German League.

But there's other domestic cup competitions and the Championship has 8 more fixtures than the Premiership.

If the managers in the EPL, Klopp more recently are telling you there's too many games with no winter break unlike most European leagues, then they're hardly making it up for the craic.

I would go with what they're saying.

Do you think tiredness/lack of energy had no factor in O'Neill's selection for the Italy game or is that a bullsh*t excuse too?

Do you know who never complain of tiredness? The league champions....

ConfusedLOL

If Mourinho,Klopp,Wenger,Fergie who have all won leagues themselves are telling you tiredness is a factor due to no winter break and more games played per season, do you not think they're in a better position to make that call as they're the professionals who work in it year in year out
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:38am

Ah so you're coming at it from the gah angle. Heard it all before Sleepy

I take it you've been a professional footballer at the highest level to make that call? 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:43am
GAA good - Football bad
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:47am
It's an awful argument. It's indoctrinated into lads to think a few shoulder barges makes it a harder game . Never a mention that the nature of the game has the ball in the air most of the time . And the small matter of the extra ten minutes at the end of each half !
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:50am

It's an awful argument. It's indoctrinated into lads to think a few shoulder barges makes it a harder game . Never a mention that the nature of the game has the ball in the air most of the time . And the small matter of the extra ten minutes at the end of each half !

Believe me, it's worse having to listen to this sh*te back home in Mayo and there's somehow a correlation between tiredness and their wages. They've no excuse to be tired if they're on 100k a week becuase that's obviously how it works Ermm

Where's RTID when you need him LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Jun 2017 at 10:51am
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:15am

Jaysus, the Gah zealots are out. Is this the point where you give us that hilarious urban myth about the Gah lad who got trials at a big 'soccer' club over in England and ''jayshus and begod,  dey said he was de fittest lad dey ever saw in their lives''.LOL

Specifics please, also, on Robbie's alleged long standing terrible attitude. You've expressed a very forthright opinion on this so how about backing it up with some actual evidence and substance. Specifically, how , when and where.

''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:21am

I agree to a point. Currently speaking it probably is important to play him on the left flank but in time the experience he's getting playing more central will hopefully be an asset to us.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 182>
  Share Topic