You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rob Elliot Goalkeeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:25pm
It was a cracking shot and the penalty was unstoppable,thought he had a good game today and has been solid all season.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by DonkeyOatey DonkeyOatey wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hasn't had a convincing game at all and should have saved Gabbiadini's goal, far too slow to get down to the shot.

Think you're being extremely harsh

Agree. Didn't cover himself in glory for first goal but was through players legs so can give benefit of the doubt. But overall I think he commanded his box well and dealt with shots and crosses easy enough.

Completely missed a cross in the first half that Van Dijk almost scored from, had a few poor clearances, and was beaten at his near post by a shot that wasn't particularly powerful. He's had a good start to the season but wasn't at his best today. He's lucky that Forster was even worse than him, which takes the spotlight off somewhat I suppose.
We're decent enough..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:53am
its actually unreal how blessed we ourin the goalkeeping department. we have 3 real top quality keepers
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:45am
Just a shame he's not younger and could bide him time. 3 top keepers but all the wrong side of 30. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

its actually unreal how blessed we ourin the goalkeeping department. we have 3 real top quality keepers

agreed completely. unfortunately for Elliot hes suffered w injuries and for him and KW, Randolph has really taken his chance and ran with it in terms of becoming first choice. I still believe KW could've been given a chance in the sept games as he has been in great form for his club for awhile now and DR was struggling but we wont make a change for the playoffs obviously
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:22pm
Article on Sky has Rob as the 5th best keeper in the EPL this season statistically.
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:47pm
Only the top 3 at moment have a better defensive record then Newcastle.

I'll be honest Rob has of course been a big part of that as he is a decent shot stopper and is good aerially and comes of his line well but I still feel Rafa will want to bring in a keeper with better distribution either in January or next summer as that is a massive weakness of his

Edited by lassassinblanc - 27 Oct 2017 at 6:48pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:25pm
Dropped to the bench for tonight
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:29pm
I'm not terribly surprised by that. Although he hasnt made any huge blunders, there have been quite a few occasions when I've thought he might have done more...
We're decent enough..
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I'm not terribly surprised by that. Although he hasnt made any huge blunders, there have been quite a few occasions when I've thought he might have done more...

I agree, I don't think he has been massively at fault for any the goals we have conceded in last few games. But I think Darlow has probably been overdue his chance.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 11:50pm
Pretty sure he was carrying a knock from the game on the weekend and was rested as precaution more than anything.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 4:15pm
Back in today. The Darlow experiment failed it seems
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 4:21pm
Saves a penalty!
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 5:20pm
Had a few dodgy moments throughout the game, but a fine penalty save by all accounts. Conceded by Clark after possession was relinquished by Yedlin.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 8:28pm
He's made a couple of very good saves so far. Distribution has been good too, but he seems to have picked up a leg injury because he's now kicking with his right.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 6:58pm
Seems to have been dropped again following on from an injury he suffered just after he had regained his place. Coupled with the amount of goalkeepers Newcastle have been linked with over the last 6 months, I think it's safe to say Rafa doesn't rate him. He'd be as well getting out I think, a lot like Mignolet at Liverpool, he's always going to be on the verge of being dropped even when he is the nominal 1st choice.
We're decent enough..
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
Maybe he needs to leave as they have apparently picked up another keeper.
With Leeds letting Lonergan go he could head there..

Newcastle agree deal to sign Slovakia goalkeeper Martin Dubravka on loan from Sparta Prague http://dailym.ai/2FwH3hs
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 12:07pm
I'd agree. Be an ideal fit. He seems to be in and out all the time.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic