You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rob Elliot Goalkeeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Has been number 1 so far in pre-season, ok only two games but has started both games.

That's great news - I was actually only wondering the other day how he was getting on in pre-season. He might be benefitting a slight bit from Newcastle's overall plan in terms of Freddie Woodman. They probably don't want to spend big on a keeper as Woodman is expected to start challenging for the No.1 role in the not too distant future.

In any event should give us three good keepers all starting at a decent level for the coming season.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Has been number 1 so far in pre-season, ok only two games but has started both games.

That's great news - I was actually only wondering the other day how he was getting on in pre-season. He might be benefitting a slight bit from Newcastle's overall plan in terms of Freddie Woodman. They probably don't want to spend big on a keeper as Woodman is expected to start challenging for the No.1 role in the not too distant future.

In any event should give us three good keepers all starting at a decent level for the coming season.

Well Rafa wants to bring in another keeper. Linked with Reina and Adrian

Krul has been told to train with u23's and to find himself a new club (A bit sad about this as I rate Tim)

Darlow has been flirting with a move looked like it would be Boro but Randolph gone there now can see him staying.

Woodman will be sent out on loan to a championship team Forest and QPR been mentioned.

Of course Woodman could stay a 3rd choice if both Krul and Darlow are sold and another keeper comes in.

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:48am

Krul has been told to train with u23's and to find himself a new club (A bit sad about this as I rate Tim)

Darlow has been flirting with a move looked like it would be Boro but Randolph gone there now can see him staying.

Woodman will be sent out on loan to a championship team Forest and QPR been mentioned.

Of course Woodman could stay a 3rd choice if both Krul and Darlow are sold and another keeper comes in.

Krul has been told he can leave.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 10:14am

I suppose you have to be Krul to be kind.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 5:46pm
Now the proud owner of Newcastle number 1 Jersey
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:00pm

But I thought Krul was getting #1?

I remember being mocked at one stage last year for suggesting Elliott would get it
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

But I thought Krul was getting #1?

I remember being mocked at one stage last year for suggesting Elliott would get it

By me?

I only stated that I thought Krul is better keeper obvious Rafa doesn't agree.

Krul has been told he can leave and hasn't been given a squad number as such
deebee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
Starts today
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:41pm
Great save just there.
We're decent enough..
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm
Solid enough, not much he could do about the goals. Shelvey fooked his teammates over.

Edited by Fanny MaGee - 13 Aug 2017 at 4:44pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 5:59pm
Didnt do anything wrong and a few good saves. I hardly noticed Clark in the entire match, which is a sign of a solid defensive performance.
We're decent enough..
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Didnt do anything wrong and a few good saves. I hardly noticed Clark in the entire match, which is a sign of a solid defensive performance.

Played well today

Moved to left back when Dummet went off, done well linking up with Atsu
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 8:24pm
Number 1 for the season,made a decent stop to deny Kane.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:10pm
Made an outstanding save to prevent a second Brighton goal today, nothing he could do about the first. Clark and Duffy both had reasonable games too.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:09pm
Hasn't had a convincing game at all and should have saved Gabbiadini's goal, far too slow to get down to the shot.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:00pm

Hasn't had a convincing game at all and should have saved Gabbiadini's goal, far too slow to get down to the shot.

Think you're being extremely harsh
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Think you're being extremely harsh

Agree. Didn't cover himself in glory for first goal but was through players legs so can give benefit of the doubt. But overall I think he commanded his box well and dealt with shots and crosses easy enough.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:14pm
He was definitely the better of the two keepers today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic