You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rising Sons Ireland's Eastern Odyssey - WC 2002
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rising Sons Ireland's Eastern Odyssey - WC 2002

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:10pm
Everyone on here born post 95 has just wondered what on earth you are on about green screens!!!!

I remember the first time we were stopped in the street by Japensese school girls for a photo and all their mates pulled out their phones.

Confusion reigned.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Everyone on here born post 95 has just wondered what on earth you are on about green screens!!!!

I remember the first time we were stopped in the street by Japensese school girls for a photo and all their mates pulled out their phones.

Confusion reigned.
Those were the days Eire, the post-95 crowd don't realise what they were missing...Cool

Ahh, who am I kidding, spoilt brats don't know they're born LOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:34pm
Another wee story.... 

After the Saudi game, my mate who had been badly sun burnt in Okinawa when we visited there for a few days (Home of Mr miyagi from Karate Kid...another story for another time..) was really struggling to walk and his leg had become blistered and well basically looked like it was going to fall off......So at the full time whistle and after the celebrations we headed back up to the concourse and found some medics.

Efficient as ever, they quickly located a stretcher on wheels and lay him down and brought us to a lift to bring him down to the first aid room. The lift opened up and who was in there only Ron Atkinson and John Barnes who had been doing some media work on the game. We all squeezed in, 4 of us, 2 medics, a stretcher plus Barnes and Big Ron. Barnes had not long been sacked by Celtic - so we gave him a bit of a ribbing and he took it all in good spirits. It wouldn't be long before Atkinson would get sacked for racist comments regarding Desailly. 

Many think Atkinson was just a victim of his era and to my knowledge I think a number of black players came out in his defence. I think Big Ron was in charge when Laurie Cunningham and Cyril Regis first played for WBA. Barnes also cites the colour of his skin as being a reason for not getting any managerial opportunities since Celtic. Looking back now, all of us stood in that cramped lift, it all seems a bit surreal ... Anyway, the pair of them were very good sports and gave my mate on the stretcher a good bit of stick - they were delighted with Irelands progression to the knockout stages.
JohntheBaptist View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohntheBaptist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 1:30pm
I’m dying to watch this, the original links been blocked by FIFA. Have the DVD but it’s scratched to bits, does anyone have a link to it or could it be re-uploaded? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic