You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richie Dunne - An appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:25pm

Yeah didn't have a lot to do tonight but delighted for Richard he'll get to play at a major championship which he definatly deserves. A legend and one of the best centre backs we've ever had.

Edited by irelandfan - 11 Nov 2011 at 6:25pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 12:46am
Originally posted by MARTY MARTY wrote:

Dunne is an all time Legend

Qualification for Euros' would not be where we are without him.

Exactly right the Dunner deserves his last hurrah along with Shay the Duffer and Keano. ClapClapClap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 2:41am
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 2:34pm

Why oh why can he not just be cryogenically frozen till September

http://www.independent.ie/videos/sport/qpr-release-video-on-richard-dunnes-man-of-the-match-display-against-ipswich-29915391.html

Edited by Trapcandoit - 14 Jan 2014 at 2:35pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
Shamrock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 2:42pm
Having a good season Clap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 2:46pm
McGrath-esque in that video 

Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Shamrock Shamrock wrote:

Having a good season Clap

What is he now 32/33? Might have one good campaign left in him yet

Edited by Trapcandoit - 14 Jan 2014 at 2:48pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

My young lad is 2 weeks old and please god when im an auld fella ill be able to tell him i saw Paul Mcgrath v Italy in 1994 and Richard Dunne v Russia 2011.In a game populated by greedy,talentless cowards it was  inspireing to watch Richard Dunne play tonight for the love of his country and the pride in his shirt.When he got the bang on the face the wife said "he will have to go off",i just smiled.You cant keep a hero down.Clap

Hey Shirts, What would you say Dunnes shirt's are worth after that performance?, the blooded one, and the one with the number five put on with a marker........Wink

After the game Pete I said it was expensive but id nearly say its priceless now!!
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 3:17pm

My young lad is 2 weeks old and please god when im an auld fella ill be able to tell him i saw Paul Mcgrath v Italy in 1994 and Richard Dunne v Russia 2011.In a game populated by greedy,talentless cowards it was  inspireing to watch Richard Dunne play tonight for the love of his country and the pride in his shirt.When he got the bang on the face the wife said "he will have to go off",i just smiled.You cant keep a hero down.Clap

Hey Shirts, What would you say Dunnes shirt's are worth after that performance?, the blooded one, and the one with the number five put on with a marker........Wink

After the game Pete I said it was expensive but id nearly say its priceless now!!

roys from 2002 would still be way more valuable im guessing though.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 3:43pm
Top Class!!!!!!!!!!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Doubt it tbh Citizen.The Dunne Marker shirt would be more valuable imo.The fact it was a comptetive game,we got a result,Dunne was MOTM,the campaign ended in qualification for a tournament  and the fact that the shirt was created live on tv in front of everyones eyes meant that there was pictures of the incident on international news/print media.Its very rare an actual shirt gets such attention.

The fact that Dunne then publically auctioned the shirt in conjunction with the FAI for charity means its authenticity cannot be questioned in any way shape or form.Im biased but imo its certainly has to be in my top 3 irish shirts of all time id love to ever get my hands on.

(1)Houghton v England 88
(2)Bonner v Romania 90
(3)Dunne v Russia 2011.

Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:21pm
Shay Given has been battered on here for the past few weeks yet no such criticism for Dunne who was arguably worse at the euros and also played whilst injured.

I wouldn't criticise either player myself but it's interesting that one has got caned whilst the other has posts on an appreciation thread
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:39pm

Doubt it tbh Citizen.The Dunne Marker shirt would be more valuable imo.The fact it was a comptetive game,we got a result,Dunne was MOTM,the campaign ended in qualification for a tournament  and the fact that the shirt was created live on tv in front of everyones eyes meant that there was pictures of the incident on international news/print media.Its very rare an actual shirt gets such attention.

The fact that Dunne then publically auctioned the shirt in conjunction with the FAI for charity means its authenticity cannot be questioned in any way shape or form.Im biased but imo its certainly has to be in my top 3 irish shirts of all time id love to ever get my hands on.

(1)Houghton v England 88
(2)Bonner v Romania 90
(3)Dunne v Russia 2011.

not to contradict your expertise in the field Big smile, i think the keane one would be much more sought after (publically more than a collector). It is a genuine piece of Irish sporting history and has more relevance socially.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Shay Given has been battered on here for the past few weeks yet no such criticism for Dunne who was arguably worse at the euros and also played whilst injured.

I wouldn't criticise either player myself but it's interesting that one has got caned whilst the other has posts on an appreciation thread
thats a fair point, o'shea not fit either

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:51pm

(1)Houghton v England 88
(2)Bonner v Romania 90
(3)Dunne v Russia 2011.

not to contradict your expertise in the field Big smile, i think the keane one would be much more sought after (publically more than a collector). It is a genuine piece of Irish sporting history and has more relevance socially.

Fair point on the historical and social point citz but I think if you threw it out to the good folk on ybig if they could own either id say it would be hands down the dunne one.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:52pm

''so Dunne played with an injury aswell?''

Chief Inspector Dixon: ''They all did it''

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsR/14393-9383.jpg
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

''so Dunne played with an injury aswell?''

Chief Inspector Dixon: ''They all did it''

Well he was out for a long period pre-Euros and then after the euros and was pretty awful performance wise. Going into the euros he was far from fully fit

Are you saying he was fit in your totally irrelevant Guildford 4 quip?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 6:04pm
''They all played unfit''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic