You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richard Keogh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 32>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 3:12pm
1. Duffy. 
2. Long.
3. Clark.
4. Egan.
5. Keogh / Lenihan. 

^Is how I would rank our centre backs. 

If Rice stays onboard I’d say it could signal the end of Keogh in squads.

Hopefully this time next year we’ll see Jimmy Dunne playing atleast Championship football which should push some others down the pecking order. 

Keogh has been a decent servant but is not good enough imo. 
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Keogh is average. Decent back up no more no less. Never seen a centre half turn his back on a shot unitl I saw Keogh do it last year.

Highly doubt that. These days you could probably count the CB's who don't turn (half turn at least) their back at a shot on 2 hands. Not many like Terry, Duffy, etc around these days.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:25am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Keogh is average. Decent back up no more no less. Never seen a centre half turn his back on a shot unitl I saw Keogh do it last year.

Highly doubt that. These days you could probably count the CB's who don't turn (half turn at least) their back at a shot on 2 hands. Not many like Terry, Duffy, etc around these days.

Dead right Huntacha........nearly all windy bastards these days.  Detest Terry but he never shirked in that regard and Duffy is similar on that.

Keogh has many admirable qualities and he's clearly good for a peno having scored in two shoot outs.  Has had some decent performances for Ireland.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:29pm
Just got a brilliant assist for Derby.
We're decent enough..
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Had a big hand in one of the earlier ones too, I think the 2nd.  Aside from Leeds' first he's been very good on the night, had that pussy Bamford in his pocket
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:32pm
KEOGH is our TREQUARTISTA
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Had a big hand in one of the earlier ones too, I think the 2nd.  Aside from Leeds' first he's been very good on the night, had that pussy Bamford in his pocket

Fully expect Bamford to declare tomorrow morning now we know he'll be a Championship player next season LOL Keogh's a good professional, I'd be happy to see either himself or Hourihane get a crack at the top level.
We're decent enough..
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:47pm
From tonight’s showing, Bamford wouldn’t be in my top 5 choices up top. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:01pm
He was very poor alright, more interested in fouling and throwing himself to the floor, but do we even have 5 choices up front?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:37pm
would love to see Mad Richard in the premier league 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

1. Duffy. 
2. Long.
3. Clark.
4. Egan.
5. Keogh / Lenihan. 

^Is how I would rank our centre backs. 

If Rice stays onboard I’d say it could signal the end of Keogh in squads.

Hopefully this time next year we’ll see Jimmy Dunne playing atleast Championship football which should push some others down the pecking order. 

Keogh has been a decent servant but is not good enough imo. 

Just noticed this post. 

Since then, Long and Clark have fallen down the pecking order. Would have Keogh ranked 2nd. Haven't seen enough of Egan (for both club and country) to say he'd be above Keogh.

Kevin Long's career is such a waste, really needs to be a regular for a team. Has the ability but being a back up at Burnley at his age is a waste of time.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:06am
Frank Lampard has said 'Richard Keogh is a hero at this club as far as I'm concerned'. Nice praise there. Clap
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:12am
Keogh starts next match simple as that. We are far better defensively when he plays and he demands far more of the players around him.

He was brilliant last night .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:13am
Be great to see him get a season in the premier league. He deserves it.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:16am
My lad was with Derby and Keogh always went out of his way to ask the Irish young lads at the club how they getting on. A very unassuming lad but great motivater on the pitch.
And you won't get many prouder lads playing for the green jersey.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:58am
RICHARD KEOGH

Always believe in Keogh, you've got the power to know, he's indestructible.....

Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
jamesOjod View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesOjod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:50pm
"All he wants to do is clear it... KEEE-OGH, KEEE-OGH" 

OOHH AHH...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

RICHARD KEOGH

Always believe in Keogh, you've got the power to know, he's indestructible.....

DEpeche mode now spandau ballet - i despair Tongue
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 32>
  Share Topic