You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 9:34pm
Having used it for a while but proving problematic 

Phoned my cc company and told them to send out my new cc as my current expires 01/23 and I can’t book hotels after that - the bollix cancelled the card and never told me and you can’t uncancel it 

So I thought I would load a few pound on revolut but after struggling to get logged in ( my PIN number never changed) I went to transfer money and it’s directing me to the bank app -wtf is all that about - I use online banking but never via the phone 

I had previously set up the account I was looking to transfer money from 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 10:40pm
Go onto Revolut. In accounts hit the three dots and choose account details. There it will give you bank details where you can transfer money directly from your bank account to Revolut. 

I always just Bank Transfer money onto it. Happens instantly for UK accounts.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 10:45pm
What does it mean when I sent money to someone and it says 'pending'?  Why is it not going through?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 11:05pm
They probably have to accept it first if it’s from an unknown contact

Did the World Cup sweep in work and lots sent their 5er via Revolut and I had to accept the payment first as I hadn’t their details saved. Just a safety feature.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What does it mean when I sent money to someone and it says 'pending'?  Why is it not going through?

Only starting happening a few months ago but aye when you send money to someone new they have to accept it and vice versa
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Only starting happening a few months ago but aye when you send money to someone new they have to accept it and vice versa

So it didnt go through so I ahd to message Revolut and it turns out I have to share a link with the other person for them to accept.

Why the fook doesn't the app tell me this or have some pop up instruction?Confused  

I find the app crap tbh.  Its counterintuitive imo and can be hard to find what you're looking for.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 10:15pm
Revolut w**kers
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 7:26am

Go onto Revolut. In accounts hit the three dots and choose account details. There it will give you bank details where you can transfer money directly from your bank account to Revolut. 

Cheers - don’t know what I done the last time , that seems to work ok 

The cc company threw me £50 for cancelling my card incorrectly which I thought was decent - between Revolut and debit card I shoukd be able to manage 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The cc company threw me £50 for cancelling my card incorrectly which I thought was decent - between Revolut and debit card I shoukd be able to manage 

Good news i will help you spend it come March Beer
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 10:16am
Whats the story folks about heading to say Poland do i change the currency to Zloty on the app or do i just leave it in Euro and you get the best exchange rate?

Edited by jamo1 - 29 Nov 2022 at 10:17am
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

amt0604ie View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amt0604ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 10:51am
If you've a debit/credit card don't bother, better off not having Polish cash.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Whats the story folks about heading to say Poland do i change the currency to Zloty on the app or do i just leave it in Euro and you get the best exchange rate?
Buying Złoty with your Euros via the app is the best way I think. That's what we've just done in Poland anyway so hopefully I'm right LOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Buying Złoty with your Euros via the app is the best way I think. That's what we've just done in Poland anyway so hopefully I'm right LOL

Assuming you are going at the weekend then its better to change the money to Zloty in advance as there is a fee for changing money at the weekend on Revolut. 

Midweek it makes no odds if you change it in advance or not you will get the same rate with no fees.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Assuming you are going at the weekend then its better to change the money to Zloty in advance as there is a fee for changing money at the weekend on Revolut. 

Midweek it makes no odds if you change it in advance or not you will get the same rate with no fees.
Ah, that explains why I saw fees on Saturday! Good to know, thanks Smile
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Doesn’t seem to be giving me the option now when I hit account details the get money is directing me to hdlifax app 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 3:38pm
actually not sure i tranferred money the last time 

is there no way to transfer money from your bank account ( like you used to be able to do) other than going through your bank app which i never done before - is it a new security feature  ?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 4:20pm
I just transfer into Revolut using the revolut app. My AIB card is the source of funds. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I just transfer into Revolut using the revolut app. My AIB card is the source of funds. 

thats what i am trying to do  , i had previusly logged bank details but they seem to have disappoeared and its directing me to the bank app  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic