You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Revolut Card:
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
Author
Message
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 14253
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.

A man in a shop told me that the icon on your card which looks like this )))) means you have a contactless card. All hail the man in the shop
my card is one of the older Mastercard versions and doesnt have the symbol .Upgraded it for free Clap
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 31139
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.
the card i got prior to Denmark was contactless.
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Leafy G4
Status: Offline
Points: 34245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:06pm
The Revolut Card has been given the Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences
So you've decided to read this eh?

Back to Top
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Location: Far Fungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 21369
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:15pm
Buying that tv, remember that it's only fee free up to 2k per month. Now, you will be grand for the tv alone, but if you were (say) adding a sound bar to it and doing a whack of grocery shopping in Newry and going on holiday somewhere that doesn't use the euro, in the next month, it might add up.
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 31139
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The Revolut Card has been given the Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences
Poor TJ still cant get his head around it
Back to Top
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 24 Mar 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 1189
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:02am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Buying that tv, remember that it's only fee free up to 2k per month. Now, you will be grand for the tv alone, but if you were (say) adding a sound bar to it and doing a whack of grocery shopping in Newry and going on holiday somewhere that doesn't use the euro, in the next month, it might add up.

Thanks SD. I only wish I had 2K to blow this month
Broke now, but I've a a lovely tv, with an extra 15 inches, for the World Cup.
Back to Top
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 20143
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

 
Broke now, but I've a a lovely tv, with an extra 15 inches, for the World Cup.

There's another use of the abreveation of TV, and when you ad in the extra inches it takes on another meaning altogether. So I'm sure you'll have a painful but joyful world cup with your TVWink
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Back to Top
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar

Joined: 01 Apr 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 14253
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The Revolut Card has been given the Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences
Poor TJ still cant get his head around it

Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Leafy G4
Status: Offline
Points: 34245
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:24pm
I wonder does Theresa May know that Britain could exit the single market yet make significant savings to the country by importing goods on the governments Revolut Card thus avoiding banks ludicrous fees?
So you've decided to read this eh?

Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 31139
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I wonder does Theresa May know that Britain could exit the single market yet make significant savings to the country by importing goods on the governments Revolut Card thus avoiding banks ludicrous fees?
Back to Top
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Location: Myanmar
Status: Offline
Points: 4209
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 10:21pm
I've heard revolut is up n' running for business, but I don't have a business one as yet, only the personal card, but here's my question.... Can I pay invoices (say, 10k+ in dollars) with no exchange or transaction fee, if I just transfer enough funds on to my revolut card? It'd be to an American bank a/c


Also, so where is it that revolut actually make their money? Confused


http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Back to Top
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
Man City records obsession

Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Location: Dundalk
Status: Offline
Points: 9391
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

I've heard revolut is up n' running for business, but I don't have a business one as yet, only the personal card, but here's my question.... Can I pay invoices (say, 10k+ in dollars) with no exchange or transaction fee, if I just transfer enough funds on to my revolut card? It'd be to an American bank a/c


Also, so where is it that revolut actually make their money? Confused




The fx rate is good but they are still making a tiny % on it.
Every time you swipe the shop/restaurant/bar etc gets charged a small fee. These all add up.
Also Revolut offers credit and premium accounts that attract fees.

Back to Top
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Location: Far Fungannon
Status: Offline
Points: 21369
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:30pm
It's only 2k per month w/o fees.
Back to Top
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Location: Myanmar
Status: Offline
Points: 4209
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:49pm
Ah, right Ted Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Back to Top
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 16845
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:39pm
Sorted my flights for Cheltenham today which confirms one thing..... THE Revolut card will be coming out in March!   

Edited by ShamtheRam - 11 Jan 2018 at 11:40pm
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
Back to Top
Borussia View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 7601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Sorted my flights for Cheltenham today which confirms one thing..... THE Revolut card will be coming out in March!   

A very wise move all round !
Back to Top
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 17939
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.
Back to Top
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 16845
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.

Happened me in Copenhagen actually. No cash on me whatsoever and the card kept rejecting even though there was more than enough on it.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.