You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 38>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Why is everyone here losing confidence in Revolut? Have I missed something?

A similar company in Germany ‘Wirecard’ lost nearly 2bn in cash.
And this company was listed a few years ago. Now it’s gone bust.

Your money is not protected in revolut current account.
I believe only the money in the revolut saving vaults are government protected. 

I used it all the time for holidays and paying my IPTV guys but I wouldn’t be holding lots of cash on it.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:21am
App has definitely gone downhill, much harder to use

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:52am
only ever used it travelling for foreign exchange and sure thsts gone out the window for many 
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
I only put a few hundred at a time on it and mainly use it over my main debit card. 

Awful handy for foreign exchange and I'd rather withdraw money from an ATM wit my Revolut card home or aboard than my main bank card. If your Revolut card gets skimmed, at least it'll only clear the limited amount you have on it. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 10:41am
Virtual Revolut Card hooked up to Google Pay makes life so much handier. Never carry a wallet anymore. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I only put a few hundred at a time on it and mainly use it over my main debit card. 

Awful handy for foreign exchange and I'd rather withdraw money from an ATM wit my Revolut card home or aboard than my main bank card. If your Revolut card gets skimmed, at least it'll only clear the limited amount you have on it. 

Trick is never to have much in your current account either 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:48pm
Is there any max daily transfer limit on Revolut?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Depends on the version you have, I bought a car in UK on standard version OCT 19 and I think it was 3k per day transfers
Getting old and intolerant
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Depends on the version you have, I bought a car in UK on standard version OCT 19 and I think it was 3k per day transfers

I'm actually selling my car privately and was hoping it could be done via Revolut so the money would be in my account straight away.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

I'm actually selling my car privately and was hoping it could be done via Revolut so the money would be in my account straight away.

I done it over a couple of payments, plus if you have an upgrade account you can transfer more
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:20pm
Cheers. We're different banks and I'm not handing over the keys until I have sight of the money so will have to find a different way.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:44pm
I bought some Pfizer stock thru Revolut nearly 2 months ago. I swear they could discover a cure for cancer and the stock price wouldn't go up.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 8:39pm
is many on here investing through revolut? Any benefit to investing through the app rather than with IrishLife etc?
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

is many on here investing through revolut? Any benefit to investing through the app rather than with IrishLife etc?

Played with some crypto's only a hundred quid ,, up a few quid on bitcoin, down on other//Very easy
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:26pm
Threw a couple of quid on Gold and a another couple on Stellar (crypto) only tine amounts just to dip the toes. The crypto has basically tripled in value but gold is slightly down.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Threw a couple of quid on Gold and a another couple on Stellar (crypto) only tine amounts just to dip the toes. The crypto has basically tripled in value but gold is slightly down.

I do crypto through an app called Coinbase. A lot of the new cryptos/blockchains launch there first and if you are registered they give you a chance to get some for free. Every month or so a new crypto will launch and they will send out an video tutorial on it, then at the end of the tutorial they will ask 3 or 4 questions. For each question they give you some of the new crypto as a reward.

I was given about €8 worth of Stellar off the back of it back in 2019, so the growth in recent weeks is working out nicely for me. A few more random ones as well.  Would highly recommend giving it a try.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:57am
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

The likes of Irish Life are much larger minimums and you have to do it regularly really. Revolt makes it easier to make small investments here and there. You can also buy fractional shares, so can buy .1 of an Amazon share for €300 rather than having to buy a full share for example.

That said, I'm still slow to leave large amounts in Revolut, I use Degiro for shares and Coinbase for Crypto. Both have better reporting that you'll need if you have to start making CGT declaration.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I do crypto through an app called Coinbase. A lot of the new cryptos/blockchains launch there first and if you are registered they give you a chance to get some for free. Every month or so a new crypto will launch and they will send out an video tutorial on it, then at the end of the tutorial they will ask 3 or 4 questions. For each question they give you some of the new crypto as a reward.

I was given about €8 worth of Stellar off the back of it back in 2019, so the growth in recent weeks is working out nicely for me. A few more random ones as well.  Would highly recommend giving it a try.

Cheers fellow sham, will have a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 38>
  Share Topic