You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Has happened to me as went over contactless limit 

You'd think it would be rejected at the till then. Strange. I'm definitely not over the limit anyway, was my first time using it in ages.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:45pm
I hear Peter Ridsdale is running Revolut
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

You'd think it would be rejected at the till then. Strange. I'm definitely not over the limit anyway, was my first time using it in ages.
I think he means the per transaction limit of then €30 which has now been increased €50. Doesn’t matter when or how often you use it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 6:16pm

I'd say it was but was in a busy pub so I'd say they didn't cop 

(this was in a pre coronavirus world) 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I think he means the per transaction limit of then €30 which has now been increased €50. Doesn’t matter when or how often you use it.

Nah it was when I went over €140 or whatever it is without using the pin 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Nah it was when I went over €140 or whatever it is without using the pin 

Aye every so often revolut makes you type in the pin, not sure if its the same with other cards. 

I use google pay a lot now with the virtual revolut card. Very handy and I don't think there is a limit.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 9:43pm

Used my revolut card today around noon in two different shops. Altogether around €20 worth. Both transactions were approved in the shop with no issue. Just checked my app and my balance is still the same and it says both transactions were declined. This happen to anyone else before? Will they go through eventually?
It happened to me paying into a football game a year ago. Showed up as declined and never taken afterwards 
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 11:46am
revolut on the way out, 

adding more fees and upping interbank exchanges at the weekend

Cry
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 11:57am
Have they sent you an email on the additional charges? I never got anything

There were rumours of them closing a couple of months ago and I reckon a lot of people took their money out and panicked, so they might be struggling now with less cash on their balance sheet
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 12:43pm

The key changes are:

• To give you more peace of mind, we’re adding more detail in our terms about how we “safeguard” your money. 
  • You know that sinking feeling you get when you pay someone and moments later realise you put the wrong account details in? We’re addressing this by introducing an ability for our support teams to reverse some mistaken payments made into Revolut accounts.
  • As you probably know, if you exchange more than our free exchange limit in a month, you pay a fee. This limit is decreasing to £1,000 each month (which, our research shows, most of you won’t hit anyway). Above that limit, our fee will stay the same at just 0.5%, and we’ll let you know if an exchange will be subject to a fee. Our Premium and Metal plans still have unlimited exchange, as they always have.
  • You will continue to enjoy the same interbank exchange rates on weekdays. For exchanges at the weekend, we’re slightly increasing our mark-up for major currencies from 0.5% to 1%, to cover our risks when the market moves (as it has a bit recently). The mark-up for other currencies is staying the same – see the full list here. (Remember, you can avoid this fee completely by making an exchange on weekdays.)
  • Our most popular payment types, such as payments to Revolut users, domestic transfers and Euro transfers within the Single Euro Payments Area are remaining free. If you make any other transfer to an account outside of your country, your first payment each month is also remaining free, but after that there will be a fee of 50p per payment.
  • If you make a transfer to a country that is not in its national currency, there will be a fee of £3 for USD transfers (like US Dollars to Brazil) or £5 for non-USD transfers (like GB Pounds to Brazil.) We’ll always let you know beforehand if a transfer you are about to make will incur a fee.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm
So only impacts people doing large amount of foreign exchange, or foreign exchange at the weekend yeah?

That'll have zero impact on me anyway, and 99% of users I'd imagine
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:06pm
Save on all this nonsense and just use banks lads ffs. “Oh but they charge you a fee of about 25e per year”. So f**king what. No need to be complicating things
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Save on all this nonsense and just use banks lads ffs. “Oh but they charge you a fee of about 25e per year”. So f**king what. No need to be complicating things

Exchanging on revolut - top up card, exchange, minimal fees

In a bank - Travel to bank, take out cash if needed, give a weeks notice for any currency that isn't USD or GBP, travel home from bank with a wad of cash which is less secure than a card, go back to the bank a a week later if its not GBP or USD, fees approx 10%.

Not sure how the bank is less complicated! 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:29pm

In a bank - Travel to bank, take out cash if needed, give a weeks notice for any currency that isn't USD or GBP, travel home from bank with a wad of cash which is less secure than a card, go back to the bank a a week later if its not GBP or USD, fees approx 10%.

And try passing money from your UK account to a Euro/ USD current account. It’s easier than PayPal. 

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 1:32pm

or you could just transfer online from any bank! Bar lodging cash or even rarer a cheque I'd never have a reason to go to a branch.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

or you could just transfer online from any bank! Bar lodging cash or even rarer a cheque I'd never have a reason to go to a branch.

That doesn't impact foreign exchange though, which is what I was on about? 

Even for transferring cash, its much, much quicker on revolut, just need their number and you're off, no faffing about with codes, logging in etc, tis done in ten seconds 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 2:14pm
Revolut far quicker and handier than any banking app I've used. Even logging in with face ID versus the codes etc needed for BOI app for example. BOI doesn't support Google/Apple pay which I use all of the time through Revolut. Streets ahead of Irish banks
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 2:17pm

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

That doesn't impact foreign exchange though, which is what I was on about? 

Even for transferring cash, its much, much quicker on revolut, just need their number and you're off, no faffing about with codes, logging in etc, tis done in ten seconds 

You can send foreign currency online from traditional banks. No doubt that the Revoult app is much slicker. You still have to log into it but probably done via finger print on the phone so seamless.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 38>
  Share Topic