You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 38>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
The problem is that any word of a run on the banks becomes self-fulfilling very quickly. Too many people with a few hundred quid or a few thousand quid sending it out could hurt them very quickly.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 3:38pm
I hope not, I use it for everything. Think its class
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The problem is that any word of a run on the banks becomes self-fulfilling very quickly. Too many people with a few hundred quid or a few thousand quid sending it out could hurt them very quickly.

true, but do you take the risk? Bought a few hundred stg in the last few days as the rates were so good

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
I can top up my Revolut right away and transfer money out as quickly.

I never leave any great balance in there. So I want to send money from my euro account to my sterling, I’ll just top it up with the debit card and send it straight out. 
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 5:19pm
I do the same, load my euro from my euro account, change it to sterling and load it straight to my sterling account, all done in 60 seconds, even though its transferred automatically it always says it can take 5 days, gives me the fear
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

I've being told revolut is about to go under and not to use them to change my wages with them,

All started from a lad who took a picture of rumours he made up and sent to a mate, people are fair gullible

Whoever started it is also a Grade A ***t

Edited by nvidic - 19 Mar 2020 at 7:01pm
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:13pm
Hope ur right, where they not in the sh*te too recently over compliancy issues, I don't know anything about these things, but a company built on currency exchange can't be hunky dory when no one's travelling. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 7:27pm
Where the f**k is Hoskins, our resident Revolut expert, to put the record straight and put our minds at ease around here? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Hope ur right, where they not in the sh*te too recently over compliancy issues, I don't know anything about these things, but a company built on currency exchange can't be hunky dory when no one's travelling. 

They make money from 2 main sources:

People using their card - transaction fees
This will have dropped significantly 

Investing the cash deposits but paying the customers nothing.
Now that interest rates are next to nothing they won’t make anything here.

They have just had a big hiring spree in London.
The longer this goes on, the bigger the risk for them.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Where the f**k is Hoskins, our resident Revolut expert, to put the record straight and put our minds at ease around here? LOL

Last seen on a flight to North Haverbrook
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:34pm
Email from the CEO, he says they are grand. They raised $500 million last month and are business as usual he says. 

Another negative of this virus is the amount of rumours spouting absolute sh*te
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

When? ShockedLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:43pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

When? ShockedLOL

About 3 months ago
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:09pm
Used my revolut card today around noon in two different shops. Altogether around €20 worth. Both transactions were approved in the shop with no issue. Just checked my app and my balance is still the same and it says both transactions were declined. This happen to anyone else before? Will they go through eventually?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Used my revolut card today around noon in two different shops. Altogether around €20 worth. Both transactions were approved in the shop with no issue. Just checked my app and my balance is still the same and it says both transactions were declined. This happen to anyone else before? Will they go through eventually?
I was in Wowburger with one of my mates before and this happened to him. He never got charged.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:32pm
Yeah I paid for something online earlier, it went through but I never got charged. Revolut had a message on the app to say there was an issue currently with card payments.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:33pm
Happened to me recently enough, took about 4 days for it to be processed 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm
Has happened to me as went over contactless limit 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 38>
  Share Topic