You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 38>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've had this card over a year now and nothing but hassle.

It has only worked sporadically, don't ever recall it working abroad.

Went to Tesco and got shopping and paid by this card and payment wasn't accepted so then paid with my CC. Got home and get a payment accepted notification.

I also notice card payment issues notification in my application too. This appears to be going on weeks now.

"There is a problem with the MasterCard network which is causing some card payments to fail. This issue is affecting a large number of international banks. We'll update you as soon as we know more."

"Good news. The problem with our payment processor has been fixed and everything should be working again. If you have a pending payment, please note that this should only take about an hour or so, but it can take as long as 72 hours in some instances."

The Facebook comments is a bottomless pit of customers complaining, with one person in particular having to prove where her wages came from to get access her own money.

It's one outage after another.

https://blog.revolut.com/enough-with-the-excuses-heres-how-were-going-to-stop-these-outages/

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:19pm
jaysus horse use mine all the time without any hassle at all, online and at POS in shops pubs, both in euro and FX. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:24pm
I use it every in work to buy a coffee and in the canteen and it works 100%

It doesn't work in the vending machines for me or my mate who also has a card too.

It works about 80% of the time in Starbucks that I buy coffee and the odd lunch.

It didn't work for purchases that I tried to make in China and I'm sure it didn't work for other online purchases on other occasions too.

The payment now in Tesco has just been declined\reverted, just after I spoke to support.

It's far too unreliable.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:30pm
Never tried it in vending machines that I can recall. Sounds strange that its intermittent. Maybe others that used it can shed some light. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:50pm
I had it blocked before as the location of where I was buying didn't match where their security cert was registered to, was a pain as was abroad and hadn't much other options to pay. I managed to turn of location based security in the app which fixed it.

Possibly same thing here as vending machine cert would match the company locations I'd imagine, not where is it. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
I've had no hassle with it at all tbh...There is one ATM in Manchester it doesn't work on but everywhere else it has been grand
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:28pm
Saved me a bundle the last couple of days in England. Clap

One thing though...i have noticed the amount of times the card declines when you have to do chip and pin even though there's money on the card. Never an issue with tap. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:20pm
Finally getting onboard this. Heading to the states for a week next month so thinking it'll save me fees.

Think I'll just get the free version and just use it when abroad, do many use it as their day-to-day bank card when at home, or do most have it alongside a regular bank? 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 8:52am
I use it at home when buying stuff online in Sterling or $$. Booked a Ryanair flight a couple of months back from Stansted so the price was in Stg. Rynaair converted the price to € using their own rate, but I selected the much less noticeable option to pay in sterling and let my bank do the conversion. Used the Revolut card then and saved a nice few quid. Would also use it for the likes of boozing, eating out and stuff that some banks deem as red flag puchases when it comes to reviewing loans/mortgage applications.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:13am
Don't take that too far Sham, I got the mortgage a few months back and they were saying if we had none of that on our statements we'd be denied, they need to see you can live a normal life and afford the repayments.

Gambling and payments after 10pm or so about the only thing we were told they didn't like.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Don't take that too far Sham, I got the mortgage a few months back and they were saying if we had none of that on our statements we'd be denied, they need to see you can live a normal life and afford the repayments.

Gambling and payments after 10pm or so about the only thing we were told they didn't like.
ah I know yeah, more when im on a bender which is known to happen from time to time...
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 12:16pm
Use it all the time, rarely any hassle with it and saves me a good few quid on trips away. I have also noticed my banking fees are way less now as use that card as little as possible.

The sending money free to other's option is great. If more people had the card, it can be used to for collecting football fees, we all know the scabby fook that snakes out of paying, not anymore hwne you can track it all 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 1:01pm
The analytics are great on it but scary looking at how much money you go through in a few months!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:51pm
Used it in England last week. Once again a flawless performance from Revolut
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:47pm
Woke up this morning in Cardiff and realised I had no wallet. Checked my phone and saw the notification to say I was in McDonalds in the early hours of the morning  Down I went and some nice person had ended in my wallet.

All made possible by Revolut Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm
In my case it's a game changer when it comes to moving money between bank accounts in different countries. In my case between one account in the UK and the other in Ireland.

Edited by colemanY2K - 07 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Woke up this morning in Cardiff and realised I had no wallet. Checked my phone and saw the notification to say I was in McDonalds in the early hours of the morning  Down I went and some nice person had ended in my wallet.

All made possible by Revolut Clap
That's one good feature of Revolut alright - that alert that pops up instantly on your phone each time you make a transaction using your Revolut card.  Would also be useful in case some bas***d has swiped your wallet and tried to make a purchase on that card, you can get onto them and alert them that it's been used fraudulently. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:10pm
Company is now worth $3.3bn just 33 months after launching, some ladsClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 38>
  Share Topic