You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 38>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Edit: don't need help

You ok hun 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Err read this thread , 'better exchange rates' frequently mentioned as one of the benefits

Ffs are you thick. Try ringing up Revolut HQ and having a complaint there and say sure crap senior or babbsballs on ybig said your rates were better than credit cards.  See how you get on.  

What part don’t you get that some CC Companies have improved their rates to
Compete with Revolut.    There are no better rates than inter bank rates as that is the lowest you can go it is zero effectively.  Otherwise they would just be giving you free money. 

No but you clearly are - trying fuking off to a field gather up a load of straw, make it into a man and have an argument with him before he too loses the will to live and hopes to spontaneously combusts over a passing observation that the exchange rate wasn’t better has transformed into me going down to revolut HQ with a can of petrol to complain about misleading advertising 

Now if you will excuse me I have some  sh*t unfunny videos to post on a WhatsApp group 

Image result for throwing toys out of pram
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 1:21pm
Revolut - the Saipan of financial services. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

''somehow I find you pushing this money card on me.  Telling me I would get cheaper exchange rates!!  You're a liar!''

''You faked your credit card exchange rates you did''

''Faked exchange rate???!!!''

''You're a fcuking w**ker, I never liked you as a financial advisor, I never liked you as a banker and you can stick your revolut card up your arse!!''

''Well if that's how you feel I don't think you should use Revolut''

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Err read this thread , 'better exchange rates' frequently mentioned as one of the benefits

Ffs are you thick. Try ringing up Revolut HQ and having a complaint there and say sure crap senior or babbsballs on ybig said your rates were better than credit cards.  See how you get on.  

What part don’t you get that some CC Companies have improved their rates to
Compete with Revolut.    There are no better rates than inter bank rates as that is the lowest you can go it is zero effectively.  Otherwise they would just be giving you free money. 

No but you clearly are - trying fuking off to a field gather up a load of straw, make it into a man and have an argument with him before he too loses the will to live and hopes to spontaneously combusts over a passing observation that the exchange rate wasn’t better has transformed into me going down to revolut HQ with a can of petrol to complain about misleading advertising 

Now if you will excuse me I have some  sh*t unfunny videos to post on a WhatsApp group 

Image result for throwing toys out of pram
Must have something to do with the heat, nope he is just your stereotypical angry nordy LOL
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:50am
Right lads quick question, long and short being im thinking of working in the republic full time, however i live up north and my mortgage is up north snd in sterling. Would my best way of handling my money be transferring my wages from my euro account to a revolut card then changing them to sterling and lodging them in my northern sterling account??
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:02am
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Right lads quick question, long and short being im thinking of working in the republic full time, however i live up north and my mortgage is up north snd in sterling. Would my best way of handling my money be transferring my wages from my euro account to a revolut card then changing them to sterling and lodging them in my northern sterling account??
Yup it's the best way as far as I am aware.

Firstly, loading your revolut a/c from your bank a/c is instant and doesn't cost anything. Secondly, cumulative transfers from your revolut a/c to your sterling a/c of up to £5000 attract no fees and the currency rates are at the interbank rate. Anything over that attracts a 0.5% fee unless you upgrade to revolut silver a/c (£6.99 p/m) which allows you to transfer unlimited amounts of currency without attracting a fee.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Jul 2019 at 8:09am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:36am
Oh look Trap Junior a very handy way for someone to transfer and save money - what an age we live in
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Oh look Trap Junior a very handy way for someone to transfer and save money - what an age we live in
TJ will never change Embarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Firstly, loading your revolut a/c from your bank a/c is instant and doesn't cost anything. Secondly, cumulative transfers from your revolut a/c to your sterling a/c of up to £5000 attract no fees and the currency rates are at the interbank rate. Anything over that attracts a 0.5% fee unless you upgrade to revolut silver a/c (£6.99 p/m) which allows you to transfer unlimited amounts of currency without attracting a fee.

Cheers lad, i generally havent a clue about these  things and dont want to get burned if i jump ship
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:03pm

Cheers lad, i generally havent a clue about these  things and dont want to get burned if i jump ship

No bother. I transfer money each month from my UK bank a/c to my AIB a/c using revolut. It has saved me a fortune as a result of not having to incur transfer fees and not having to accept the UK banks spot exchange rate. My only gripe at the moment is the weakening of sterling by the day from Brexit Cry................this would work in your favour in reverse.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:27pm

At the moment if I was to transfer say €1000 directly from my UK account to AIB in Ireland it would look like this:

Exchange Rate: 1 GBP = 1.0760 EUR

Typical Fees: 9.50 GBP 

Total Sterling Cost: 938.87 GBP

With Revolut it looks like this...

Exchange Rate: 1 GBP = 1.1116 EUR

Typical Fees: 0 GBP 

Total Sterling Cost: 899.32 GBP

The difference is the guts of £39 or €45 when transferring the equivalent of €1000... 

Transferring €4,000 saves £130 or €145 if you like.

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Jul 2019 at 1:34pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:20pm
The only thing is that after a bit, revolut will ask you for source of funds and could freeze your account which is a pain in the hoop. You'll need to upload payslips & bank statements from your southern account to show them that the funds are legitimate.

That might not happen if you are transferring less than €5,000 a month but it could happen - I'd be wary of ever transferring an amount unless you are happy that it could be frozen for up to a week (depending on bank holidays etc). When I had funds frozen, it took about 24h to get them unfrozen and I had to get a few different docs together & uploaded.

However, you will save quite a sizeable sum transferring with revolut, so it is worth the hassle. Just make sure you have the payslip & bank statement to show the source of funds if necessary.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:56pm
I like the exchange rate alert feature, a euro is worth 90p today, handy to buy a few stgs just to have.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:21am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The only thing is that after a bit, revolut will ask you for source of funds and could freeze your account which is a pain in the hoop. You'll need to upload payslips & bank statements from your southern account to show them that the funds are legitimate.

That might not happen if you are transferring less than €5,000 a month but it could happen - I'd be wary of ever transferring an amount unless you are happy that it could be frozen for up to a week (depending on bank holidays etc). When I had funds frozen, it took about 24h to get them unfrozen and I had to get a few different docs together & uploaded.

However, you will save quite a sizeable sum transferring with revolut, so it is worth the hassle. Just make sure you have the payslip & bank statement to show the source of funds if necessary.

Wasn't aware of that. No big deal in my case as everything is above board and its only savings I'm transferring as opposed to relying on the dosh to pay a mortgage which could be an issue for some.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:56pm

No bother. I transfer money each month from my UK bank a/c to my AIB a/c using revolut. It has saved me a fortune as a result of not having to incur transfer fees and not having to accept the UK banks spot exchange rate. My only gripe at the moment is the weakening of sterling by the day from Brexit Cry................this would work in your favour in reverse.

i do the same. except i bury it in a field. cant be having a paper trail of sterling coming into the state
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
Is the only real benefit of Revolut transactions abroad?
Any other little perks just for daily use?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 38>
  Share Topic