Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Republic of Ireland Section

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Republic of Ireland Section
    Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:55am
Lads  I think the best thing about YBIG is the fans aspect to it. As in organising the dinner for Dave Langan, the Singing Section the raising money for the quiz etc. 

Is there a danger with the popularity of the site and the amount of threads on every Irish player that some of the threads on the fans initiatives are getting lost etc. 

I know there is a search function but would the introduction of a sub forum for player updates or a subforum for fans initiatives which is the bread and butter of ybig in my opinion.  

Just an idea but I do think some of the fans initiative are hard to keep track off with all the new threads.
Sponsored Links

PaddyBourke2 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 12:01pm
i agree. its annoyin how quickly stuff get lost on there.
TAFKAS View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAFKAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 12:14pm
To be honest I only go in the ROI section for fans initiatives to much roll calls and post's about a english kid who might have an Irish granny for my likeing

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Shamrock Shamrock wrote:

To be honest I only go in the ROI section for fans initiatives to much roll calls and post's about a english kid who might have an Irish granny for my likeing
fans initiatives?is that the sound of a tenner on the way from the peoples republic i hear??Wink
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

fans initiatives?is that the sound of a tenner on the way from the peoples republic i hear??Wink
peoples republic of wexford
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by johnny ccfc johnny ccfc wrote:

wexford??so ur not a wexford youths fan?

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:54pm

what? i'm confused now. you said to shamrock that another 10er was comin from the peoples republic. but shamrocks from wexford.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:57pm

what? i'm confused now. you said to shamrock that another 10er was comin from the peoples republic. but shamrocks from wexford.
im a bit shy on entrants from the peoples republic!! if you catch my drift.no better way to rile a proud wexford man than to say hes from corkLOL

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 5:59pm

im a bit shy on entrants from the peoples republic!! if you catch my drift.no better way to rile a proud wexford man than to say hes from corkLOL
TAFKAS View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAFKAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 6:11pm
I am from Wexford live in London (Moving to Dublin hopefully next year). I shall not be buying a ticket as I have no euros and don't want a jerseyThumbs%20Up

But fair play  Eddie on doing the raffle but currently I'm not intrested!

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:53pm
Stick to the thread title for christ sake ! This is getting really annoying now, It's happening to much and always seems to be the same people.

Anyway back to the thread, Very good point Neil something like a sub-forum for the player updates or maybe the organisation of away trips would be a good idea

Edited by Carmody 10 - 18 Sep 2010 at 9:53pm
Out of order
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Stick to the thread title for christ sake ! This is getting really ennoying now, It's happening to much and always seems to be the same people.

Anyway back to the thread, Very good point Neil something like a sub-forum for the player updates or maybe the organisation of away trips would be a good idea

yeah figure it out lads
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 4:43am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Stick to the thread title for christ sake ! This is getting really ennoying now, It's happening to much and always seems to be the same people.

yeah figure it out lads
Just do it bai!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:06pm

Stick to the thread title for christ sake ! This is getting really annoying now, It's happening to much and always seems to be the same people.

+1
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 2:11pm
Did the thread on this in the ROI Section get deleted.  
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads  I think the best thing about YBIG is the fans aspect to it. As in organising the dinner for Dave Langan, the Singing Section the raising money for the quiz etc. 

Is there a danger with the popularity of the site and the amount of threads on every Irish player that some of the threads on the fans initiatives are getting lost etc. 

I know there is a search function but would the introduction of a sub forum for player updates or a subforum for fans initiatives which is the bread and butter of ybig in my opinion.  

Just an idea but I do think some of the fans initiative are hard to keep track off with all the new threads.

good idea badrick, will have a look into this when im home next weekThumbs%20Up
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:38am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

good idea badrick, will have a look into this when im home next weekThumbs%20Up

Fair play Count, no need to worry when you are on your holliers. 
Kingdom View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 6:33am
Just came on to start a new thread and saw this. I use this site a lot more in the last year and to b honest the reason I have used the site so much is because of the fan interaction surrounding home games and away games. I understand YBIG is more than just a forum, but I think there are probably more like me, supporters who are coming on here because of the work the YBIG group has done in improving dedicated supporters conditions.
I think the supporter ideas or the SS ideas could benefit from having their own section. I am involved in the running of a sport specific forums, and we have something similar and it works a treat.

I appreciate that it might not be practical for this forum to go along those lines but if it can then I think it could be worth it.

Also, when SS ideas are being discussed, or people are giving the pro's and con's is everyone's opinion taken into account, or just SS members? There were a couple of threads on songs etc where a couple of users were quite vocal in either their dislike or like of certain ideas, and then it turns out they don't go to games, that can't be right!

Also, I don't know if the mods are the same as those who do the organising for the SS, but could someone maybe put up a plan of action for YBIG for the Russia game on matchday, I'd be around all day and would be eager to give a dig out, but could do with knowing what exactly the craic is, just that there seems to be loads going on with the displays, banners, flags, large tricolor, large jersey, the Q&A session, Oktoberfest, and the magazines, there is a lot going on.

Keep up the good work btw, it's really appreciated by our group of 6/7.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic