You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 138>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:58pm
..WSL and Championship players will just fly direct to Spain Sun night/ Monday morning to link up with the home based contingent..

Sponsored Links

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:45pm
Cup final on RTE 2 at the moment is real good contest. Shelbourne look the likely winner's but Athlone having thrown everything at them second half. Seems to be a great atmosphere too ..a lot better than playing it at a near deserted Lansdowne road before the men's final.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Cup final on RTE 2 at the moment is real good contest. Shelbourne look the likely winner's but Athlone having thrown everything at them second half. Seems to be a great atmosphere too ..a lot better than playing it at a near deserted Lansdowne road before the men's final.
Decent watch alright and just over 5k attendance Clap
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 11:12am
Match tomorrow on live on a hape of channels
RTE player/news
Saorview 32
Virgin 200
SKY 521
Eir 517

KO 5pm
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 5:00pm
Strongest team possible selected for this friendly game. Would this not be an opportunity to give some of the fringe players a go? 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Strongest team possible selected for this friendly game. Would this not be an opportunity to give some of the fringe players a go? 
you would think so. Although a good few new girls played in the behind closed doors game which finished 2-2
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 6:45pm
4-0 up at the moment , now started very well and Morocco came back into it a bit towards the end of the first half but the defence has been super . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
deta1916 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deta1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2022 at 2:03am
Just wondering why our women's team are not reaping the rewards from their phenemonal achievement of qualifying for the World Cup?
Is it because they dared sing a song which upset the PC brigade and the pseudo liberals which we all have to endure these days.
No sign of them being invited to appear on the Late Late Show.The same organisation that would invite someone on to their show the following week after winning a draughts match in Azerbaijan or a shinty match in Nova Scotia.
These women have done us proud and they are being treated disgracefully.
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 2:56pm
€20k fine from UEFA for the Up the Ra chant. Not too bad an outcome. There was always going to be some reprimand. At least this puts it to bed.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

€20k fine from UEFA for the Up the Ra chant. Not too bad an outcome. There was always going to be some reprimand. At least this puts it to bed.

Yer 20k is not the worse .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 8:23pm
The wolftones should throw them a few quid I'm sure they made a good chunk from their peak in popularity in the weeks after
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 10:00am
I just seen online that Fine Gael hired the Wolfe Tones for their Christmas party in 2002.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 1:51am

The FAI are already tight on funds (the main reason being themselves) so it'll be the grassroots players who lose out because of this. Unhappy

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 6:21am
Sounds like Vera could be in a spot of bother.

Houston Dash have apologised for Pauw's "misconduct" during her time in charge there.

Here's what she apparently did, according to journalist Chris McNulty:

- ‘Vera Pauw shamed players for their weight . . . Players reported that Pauw’s comments affected a teammate struggling with an eating disorder’.

- ‘Pauw having “outburst of emotional yelling” in which she would “get up in a frenzy”.’

- Others described her as a ‘power freak’.

This bit, in particular, isn't great I think:

Originally posted by NWSL Report NWSL Report wrote:

Multiple witnesses reported that coaches continued their weight-shaming behavior even after being warned by players and other staff that such behavior was harmful. In certain instances, these coaches justified their behavior by relying on the rationale that the behavior was  “cultural” or by doubling down on claims that their behavior was oriented around fitness. 

After experiencing weight-shaming by Pauw and Riley, witnesses reported that players developed eating disorders and sought mental health treatment. 

Pauw appeared for an interview with the Joint Investigative Team, but refused to cooperate. She provided a written denial of what she suspected were the allegations against her, including a statement that she has never remarked on the appearance of a player or kept track of players’ weight. She claimed that players had called themselves “bulky.” 

Pauw acknowledged that at the end of the season, a player had raised concerns to Pauw that Pauw’s mistreatment had caused a teammate’s eating disorder, but Pauw denied any role and stated that the reporting player should have “tak[en] responsibility as an adult” by looking out for her teammate sooner.

Not a good look at all in terms of marketing, sponsorship of the WNT team etc. ahead of the World Cup. 

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Dec 2022 at 7:00am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 8:03am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Houston Dash have apologised for Pauw's "misconduct" during her time in charge there.

- ‘Vera Pauw shamed players for their weight . . . Players reported that Pauw’s comments affected a teammate struggling with an eating disorder’.

- ‘Pauw having “outburst of emotional yelling” in which she would “get up in a frenzy”.’

Multiple witnesses reported that coaches continued their weight-shaming behavior even after being warned by players and other staff that such behavior was harmful. In certain instances, these coaches justified their behavior by relying on the rationale that the behavior was  “cultural” or by doubling down on claims that their behavior was oriented around fitness. 

After experiencing weight-shaming by Pauw and Riley, witnesses reported that players developed eating disorders and sought mental health treatment. 

Pauw appeared for an interview with the Joint Investigative Team, but refused to cooperate. She provided a written denial of what she suspected were the allegations against her, including a statement that she has never remarked on the appearance of a player or kept track of players’ weight. She claimed that players had called themselves “bulky.” 

Pauw acknowledged that at the end of the season, a player had raised concerns to Pauw that Pauw’s mistreatment had caused a teammate’s eating disorder, but Pauw denied any role and stated that the reporting player should have “tak[en] responsibility as an adult” by looking out for her teammate sooner.

Not a good look at all in terms of marketing, sponsorship of the WNT team etc. ahead of the World Cup. 

The allegations against Pauw seem a bit suspect to me, the kind of things a male coach in the male game wouldn't have to deal with. Sounds like to me that the yanks are throwing 'fat shaming' around when, reading between the lines, it's unfit out of conditioned playes taking flake from their manager. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 8:40am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The allegations against Pauw seem a bit suspect to me, the kind of things a male coach in the male game wouldn't have to deal with. Sounds like to me that the yanks are throwing 'fat shaming' around when, reading between the lines, it's unfit out of conditioned playes taking flake from their manager. 

I have to agree with you. I haven't read the report and maybe there is something more substantive in there but from the bits I read it seems a bit OTT. If you are an athlete your diet, weight, body fat etc are related to your performance. Get over it 
It's not me it's you:-)
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 11:01am
Nonsense stuff. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2022 at 12:28pm
Absolute yawn stuff. If your training a team the least you would expect is to have them as fit as they could be. Next thing you jnow beer bellies will be accepted in all level of football. Beer bellies and drinking and takeaways just like the good old days. 
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 138>
  Share Topic