You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 143>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:51pm
During the last campaign we played Finland on a Monday evening in Sept 7.30 ko West Stand seemed fairly full so i'd say maybe 2500,lots of families....two months later v Spain,Thurs i think but 2.00 ko...probably about the same crowd which included 400/500 students (freebies from FAI i believe)...i suppose when arranging friendly games you have to accomodate the opposition re dates/times but hopefully WC qualifiers will be evening ko.......
Next friendly Thur 8th June v Iceland ko 7.30
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Girls win 1 0 Roche with a penalty but could and should have had a hat trick

Attendance given as 1035   would have taught about 1500 but always hard to tell

1000-1500 isn't actually a bad attendance though GF, especially considering the time of day the game is on at. There are many LOI 1st division clubs, and even a few Premier ones, that would be delighted with those numbers if they could get them every week. 

I don't know where the WNT play most of their games (is it always Tallaght/Dublin, for those in the know ?) but it might be a suggestion to do as the FAI do with the men's underage teams and start bringing them to provincial venues, with proper marketing, it might have a chance. No guarantee that would work, just something that may be worth considering. 

Seeing as costs are such an issue, might even be cheaper to put them up in a hotel in Sligo/Cork/Waterford/Limerick than Dublin too, they might even recoup some of the tracksuit money.......

That would make sense to me too, have a bit of local fanfare about the whole thing in schools etc. 
I am actually impressed they got four figures, all things considered, I know there are issues regarding costs for the away side but could it not have been played on a Sunday afternoon rather than a Monday?

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:18pm
Surely there are FIFA subsidies for women's international team expenses?
There`s no women's national side getting 50k in the gate on anything close to a regular basis.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Surely there are FIFA subsidies for women's international team expenses?
There`s no women's national side getting 50k in the gate on anything close to a regular basis.

From UEFA's website :

In December 2010, the UEFA Executive Committee approved significant funding to women's football development through the UEFA HatTrick programme. An initial pilot phase in 2010/11 saw the distribution of funds to four national associations (Portugal, Italy, Slovakia and Republic of Ireland), specifically for the development of women’s football. Positive results were immediate – for example, the Republic of Ireland set up a national women’s league in October 2011. Following the success of this pilot scheme, the programme was repeated for the 2011/12 season, further increasing the availability of funding. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:25am
A tough week for Emma Byrne, just as it all settled down  for her, her husband gets the sack. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 8:20am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Girls win 1 0 Roche with a penalty but could and should have had a hat trick

Attendance given as 1035   would have taught about 1500 but always hard to tell

1000-1500 isn't actually a bad attendance though GF, especially considering the time of day the game is on at. There are many LOI 1st division clubs, and even a few Premier ones, that would be delighted with those numbers if they could get them every week. 

I don't know where the WNT play most of their games (is it always Tallaght/Dublin, for those in the know ?) but it might be a suggestion to do as the FAI do with the men's underage teams and start bringing them to provincial venues, with proper marketing, it might have a chance. No guarantee that would work, just something that may be worth considering. 

Seeing as costs are such an issue, might even be cheaper to put them up in a hotel in Sligo/Cork/Waterford/Limerick than Dublin too, they might even recoup some of the tracksuit money.......

Dublin hotel prices are mental
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 1:16pm
WCQ draw made today drawn against Norway,Netherlands,Slovakia and the North
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

WCQ draw made today drawn against Norway,Netherlands,Slovakia and the North

Tough draw

Norway and Netherlands ranked 11 and 12th in rankings
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:02pm
Whatever happened about the tracksuits/facilities??
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:10pm
Pity, another trip around France for the summer of 2019 would have been great
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:58am
Some throw from Campbell to be fair, Good win last night, but being honest the only way was up.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:13am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Sue Ronans side have two games coming up against world champions USA and a USA u23 selection, ladies soccer is growing at an enormous rate in my area, my daughter was asked to do a project on a sports star in school recently and did it on USA keeper Hope Solo. Our senior sides results have been dissapointing so far even if performances have been encouraging I wonder if it's time for a change of management or is ladies soccer just another problem child for the FAI. Anyone know if these games are on TV.

That could be a VERY interesting project on Hope Solo if she digs around the net a bit. Her teacher could be jaw dropped LOL
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:39pm
2-0 up against Slovakia at half time
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:39pm
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:29pm
final score 2-0. great start for the girls in green. joint top of the group with norway on 6 points. holland  haven't played any of their fixtures yet. big ask to qualify from such a tough group
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
Holland and Norway are actually playing each other at the moment. 0-0 coming up to half time
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:00pm
Game away to Holland at the home of NEC is live on eirsport 1 and also live on the Sir sport Facebook page.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 143>
  Share Topic