You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 143>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 2:03pm
The fact that Iceland are away to Portugal or Belgium is good  (If Iceland lose we'd go straight to the world Cup with a win)
Sponsored Links

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 2:09pm
I wouldn't be surprised either if it's Scotland we face in fact, not Austria.
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:11pm
Scotland Austria in progress at the moment. Not sure if we'd have a clear preference as to which of them we'd play. Possibly Scotland - as Austria looked decent getting to the quarters of the Euros.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

Scotland Austria in progress at the moment. Not sure if we'd have a clear preference as to which of them we'd play. Possibly Scotland - as Austria looked decent getting to the quarters of the Euros.

Hopefully that goes to extra time, we'll need any advantage we can get.

Edited by Bandwagon - 06 Oct 2022 at 8:44pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:29pm
It's gone to extra time (0-0).

Doesn't sound like it was a classic at all - nervy and edgy and it's been raining all evening too.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:36pm
I have watched it all so far. Two technically superior teams to Ireland especially Austria. Definitely would not beat them away from home. Ireland couldn't make 3 or 4 passes together against Finland and Slovakia last month so we are up against it no matter who we face. Would rather Scotland though

And they have just scored at the beginning of extra time 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

I have watched it all so far. Two technically superior teams to Ireland especially Austria. Definitely would not beat them away from home. Ireland couldn't make 3 or 4 passes together against Finland and Slovakia last month so we are up against it no matter who we face. Would rather Scotland though

And they have just scored at the beginning of extra time 

I would have preferred Scotland even before this tie (for a variety of reasons), so fingers crossed that they can hold on
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 10:09pm
Scotland it is on Tuesday.

Excellent game management from them - they ran the clock down and didn't give the Austrians even a sniff of a chance in the last 15 mins.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 10:14pm
Best of luck to the team and management tomorrow .COYGIG

So what's needed for us to qualify directly and escape the tournament thing ? 

Edited by Healy52003 - 10 Oct 2022 at 10:14pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Portugal to beat Iceland and Switzerland to beat Wales, I think.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

We win and one of Switzerland or Iceland lose/don't win in 90mins

Only way we go to the inter-confederation tournament is if we win and both Switzerland and Iceland win too. Or I think if we go through without winning i.e on penalties and Portugal/Switzerland win, Portugal overtake us on the mini table.  I think?

Edited by Pinginí - 10 Oct 2022 at 11:16pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 11:30pm
Megan Connolly, Ruesha Littlejohn, Jessica Ziu, Leanne Kiernan & Ellen Molloy all out injured. Connolly in particular a big miss.

Fingers crossed they can get it over the line.

Edited by Greenie50 - 10 Oct 2022 at 11:30pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Megan Connolly, Ruesha Littlejohn, Jessica Ziu, Leanne Kiernan & Ellen Molloy all out injured. Connolly in particular a big miss.

Fingers crossed they can get it over the line.

I think Connolly is the biggest loss as she started seven of the eight games - the others were more hit and miss and not guaranteed starters.

I can see us edge this. I have a feeling we have a bit more quality and consistency about us than the Scots, looking at the results of the two teams over the last couple of years.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:52am
Would we be expected to win this? I know we’re missing a few players but I don’t know a thing about the Scots 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:00am
It’ll be a grind. I’d imagine the Scots are favourites 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:01am
Scots would be favourites at home I think. They qualified for the last World Cup and, while they provided the usual Scots at a tournament finals comedy routine, they did at least qualify for the tournament.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:11am
Looking forward to watching the game tonight 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:33am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Scots would be favourites at home I think. They qualified for the last World Cup and, while they provided the usual Scots at a tournament finals comedy routine, they did at least qualify for the tournament.
Scotland are huge favourites with the bookies, for what that is worth. around 4/5 compared to 4/1 for Ireland (draw is just over 2/1)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 143>
  Share Topic