You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 143>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

At least the faux interest in this is over
Clown
Sponsored Links

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 7:50pm
Our keeper's attempt to get to the back pass and Jarrett's effort to score just before have time were both pathetic.. that and the missed penalty is why they won't be in the playoffs
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Clown

Obviously you've never been to the home games at Tallaght Stadium.....
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by nordlingen nordlingen wrote:

Clown

What did everyonr think of the standard....... Have they made cas for equal pay?

Honesty appreciated. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Clown

What did everyonr think of the standard....... Have they made cas for equal pay?

Honesty appreciated. 
International football shouldn't be about money tbh, especially in the men's game in this day and age of mega money. If the international men's team get paid I'd assume they donate to charity. The money would be much more appreciated by the partly amateur woman's team so I would have absolutely no problem in them getting equal pay

Edited by thebronze14 - 23 Oct 2020 at 8:40pm
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Clown

Honesty appreciated. 
International football shouldn't be about money tbh, especially in the men's game in this day and age of mega money. If the international men's team get paid I'd assume they donate to charity. The money would be much more appreciated by the partly amateur woman's team so I would have absolutely no problem in them getting equal pay

You skillfully avoided the question about standard........ 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:43pm

Clown

Yes I have, numerous times. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:44pm
Only managed to catch the last 30 minutes yet another game slips away , can't see us getting any change from the Germans 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:08pm

Clown

Honesty appreciated. 

The standard of women's international football is absolutely awful. Then again the men's team haven't exactly been a joy to watch either.

It comes down to commercial appeal, if the women's team can generate the same income as the men they should get paid the same and if they can generate more they should get paid more. But at the moment that's not the case so there is no justification for equal pay or anything close to it.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:36pm
Appreciate that mate. 

I'm very much of the view that women are capable of much better. Criticism is a sign of equality. Faux praise is not. 

I watched the 2015 W WC and was shocked at how poor the standard was. Literally Sunday League levels of first touch. 

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:44pm

Appreciate that mate. 

I'm very much of the view that women are capable of much better. Criticism is a sign of equality. Faux praise is not. 

I watched the 2015 W WC and was shocked at how poor the standard was. Literally Sunday League levels of first touch. 

It's improving rapidly though. I watched the 2019 WC and the fitness levels of the USA team were ferocious, on a par with any Premiership team.....they were still moving the ball with speed in the 90th minute.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:47pm

Fitness levels are decent. You politely neglected to comment on first touch and overall technical standard. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:26pm
Denise O'Sullivan is world class and deserves to go to a major tournament
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm

Fitness levels are decent. You politely neglected to comment on first touch and overall technical standard. 

Both will improve. There's no innate reason why a woman should be less skilful with a football than a man. If you were to watch a film of men's football in the 1940s and 1950s outside of the top teams, you'd probably be surprised at how poor the standard was. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:42am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Just unbelievable stuff, what is it about Irish sides when it comes to getting over the line that they just can’t seem to score.

Before a ball was kicked I knew they were not going to get the result they wanted.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Clown

Honesty appreciated. 

The standard of women's international football is absolutely awful. Then again the men's team haven't exactly been a joy to watch either.

It comes down to commercial appeal, if the women's team can generate the same income as the men they should get paid the same and if they can generate more they should get paid more. But at the moment that's not the case so there is no justification for equal pay or anything close to it.

It's only a couple of grand a game afaik, for the sacrifices they put in for it they 100% deserve equal pay. It's a no brainer, it's not about revenue or standard. You're not talking about a centralised contract situation where this is their actual job. It's appearance money. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:37am
Are they looking for the same bonuses as the men’s team for qualifying for stuff because I think that could be substantial sums.?
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 9:55am
I stand to be corrected on this but I think WNT get 500 per game
 The men 2500......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 143>
  Share Topic