You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 667>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

x3 ShockedShockedShocked is the commander going rogue
There could be more trouble than usual around the quiet cul de sacs of Darndale tonight.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

2 absolutely pathetic performances from Aberdeen

If McInnes ends up at Sevco then he needs to be investigated for match fixing

Heartless,gutless, spineless bastas

Bollocks to that Tony.

I watched most of the game and Aberdeen threw the kitchen sink at Rangers.

Rangers scored a very good 2nd goal on the counter attack as Aberdeen had too many men up front.

Aberdeen definitely should have got something from the game today.
Aberdeen were terrible today, every bit as bad, if not worse, than during the week. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that Derek McInnes was throwing the game, I just genuinely believe he has taken Aberdeen as far as he can, in fact, performances this season would suggest that they are now regressing under him. They never looked like creating anything today and only the red card and a wonderful free-kick gave them any hope in the game.
McInnes did a wonderful job in stabilising Aberdeen and taking advantage of the situations at all other contenders to make Aberdeen the second best team in Scotland, but he never really built on his early successes and the club have stalled to the point where they are now behind a leaderless and rudderless Rangers, with arguably a much better squad on paper. He has also taken Aberdeen into Europe unprepared, especially this season, something all Scottish clubs seem to do these days, by not completing his transfer dealings early enough to have a prepared squad. 
Perhaps the Rangers board see the early days at Aberdeen and think McInnes can do the same for them, but is that enough for the fans? Warburton was sacked, essentially, because of Rodgers' success and the fact he couldn't replicate it with a mediocre squad and half the resources. If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't be excited, then again, if I was a Rangers fan I would be shouting abuse at inanimate objects painted green.
As far Aberdeen, the worst aspect for them is the timing. Had he gone in the summer, to Sunderland or wherever, that may have made it easier to find a suitable replacement. It is a relatively attractive job with an ambitious board, a good support and a decent challenge to stay as the second club in the league. 
Of course this is all just speculation. McInnes realised that more money was not enough to cover the potential tarnishing his reputation might take at Sunderland and might realise that of Rangers too, even with his own connection to Ibrox. I do think if Rangers can afford the compensation then he will take it.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:49pm
McInnes to sevco

Wee Chesney to the sheep
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:42pm
After the constant crying that the refs are playing for them the latest on here is now that McInnes threw the two games this week to let Rangers win

It’s the height of delusion this thread

Some nonsense spouted when Rangers win a game or two

Aberdeen are Celtics main rivals, that’s another cracker
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

After the constant crying that the refs are playing for them the latest on here is now that McInnes threw the two games this week to let Rangers win

I laughed with you until this point. Ruined the whole post tbh LOL

If it's not Aberdeen then who are Celtic's main rivals? Rangers have not finished 2nd in the league for nearly 5 years so it can't be possibly them.

McInnes is a severely overrated manager also, he'll do absolutely nothing at Rangers. What has he achieved exactly other than finish 2nd without any competition whatsoever but still be 40 points behind 1st
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:54pm
It’s a temporary position theyre in. I’d expect Rangers to be back as Celtic’s main challengers very soon

Whys there no Aberdeen thread on this forum if they’re our main rivals

To answer your question that’s all he has achieved. Second place in a one team league

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 03 Dec 2017 at 11:55pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 11:59pm
Rangers might not even exist again by the time they start challenging. And don't have the infrastructure to do it long-term either, those loans will start catching up on them again.

I thought Hearts would be in a better position by now, they have a quality youth setup and their time in the 2nd tier did than more good than harm giving said youngsters game time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:28am
I would have thought those reasons were obvious! I am sure if, hypothetically, Man United were liquidated, reformed and made it back to the EPL they would still be a matter of some interest to Man City fans, even if Citeh were battling it out with, say, Chelsea, at the top of the table and in cup finals while United battled relegation.
As I said above, the fact that Aberdeen are fading as Celtic's main challengers is something that McInnes should take responsibility for. Rangers previous two games, prior to the double header with Aberdeen, were defeats to Hamilton and Dundee. This is a club in a mess that finished last season nine points behind Aberdeen and started the week six points behind them and finished it ahead of them.
If Rangers make the right appointment they will become the second club again, but Aberdeen should never have left that happen and it is most likely the man responsible for that is favourite to be the next boss at Ibrox, even if he must also take credit for how he stabilised that club too. Aberdeen seem to believe they are playing a team superior to them, something I think has also cost them against Celtic in the recent past.
I do think that the best thing for Aberdeen would have been for McInnes to have left for Sunderland as either his head being turned by other clubs has affected the climate around the club or he has just taken them as far as he can.
If the Strachan story is true, I'm not sure he is what the Dandies need.It is difficult to say what they need, but I think it is someone who accepts that Aberdeen should be, at least, the second best team in Scotland by right. Someone who has no respect for Celtic and Rangers and doesn't send out teams to play Celtic and Rangers who look defeated before a ball is kicked. I don't think McInnes has that, even when he did win against those sides it was more due to the ineptitude of Delia and Pedro than any instilled belief in his own side.

Edited by pre Madonna - 04 Dec 2017 at 2:04am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Rangers might not even exist again by the time they start challenging. And don't have the infrastructure to do it long-term either, those loans will start catching up on them again.

I thought Hearts would be in a better position by now, they have a quality youth setup and their time in the 2nd tier did than more good than harm giving said youngsters game time.

And Hearts spoilt it with Levein. Cathro was always a risk, but I feel Levein was equally responsible. He was also the only person in Scotland who would have given him a managerial position! Hibs would be my favourites for second now. I criticised Lennon last season but, even though there have still been a few poor results and performances, there is clear progression at the club and, in contrast with others, including McInnes, has absolutely no fear in going to Celtic Park or Ibrox. It is the consistency against the bottom clubs that he needs to master, something that tainted last season's promotion.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:38am
Rangers 4/5, Aberdeen 11/8, Hibs 6/1
Betting odds to be second
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:41am

I might have a few quid on Hibs at those odds, especially as I think they have money for January to go with the stability.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:01am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I might have a few quid on Hibs at those odds, especially as I think they have money for January to go with the stability.

Correct. 
Hearts should be where Hibs are right now but as you said before.

I'd actually put Rangers behind Hearts in terms of likelihood of being a decent challenger, absolutely no stability, infrastructure or long term foundations set in place whereas the other 2 teams do.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 6:20am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Not a bad shout at those odds but they certainly need to get some players in the January window given their lack of depth to the squad if injuries happen I think it will be a big a tought test for Celtic on Sunday at Hibs.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I laughed with you until this point. Ruined the whole post tbh LOL

If it's not Aberdeen then who are Celtic's main rivals? Rangers have not finished 2nd in the league for nearly 5 years so it can't be possibly them.

McInnes is a severely overrated manager also, he'll do absolutely nothing at Rangers. What has he achieved exactly other than finish 2nd without any competition whatsoever but still be 40 points behind 1st

You could also add that it's 'probably' the 1st time in 5 years that Rangers are in second place.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:48am
Rangers to pay the £1m to get McInnes and Doherty in, I see Chris Sutton is retweeting the story from the Daily Record

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:33am

Rangers to pay the £1m to get McInnes and Doherty in, I see Chris Sutton is retweeting the story from the Daily Record

where is this dirty money coming from

pretty much seals 10 in a row with someone who doesnt know how to beat celtic as manager
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:48pm
Reports saying McInness is not joining sevco.

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Dec 2017 at 9:23pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:05pm
How come sky,bt,BBC call them rangers?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 667>
  Share Topic