Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 667>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:11pm
Andy Halliday is going to Azerbaijan for a season, seems it will be announced tomorrow. It will be a bit different from Govan anyway.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:12pm

Right lads, Rangers/Sevco/ Deidco are splashing the cash, signing loads of players and have bought Fatboys shares. So what's the craic? Is it safe to assume that they aren't just about to die as has been predicted by Tony for God knows how long? Are they likely to close the gap next season?

El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:26pm
No.
They aren't about to die (as has been predicted for the last 3+ years on this thread) and I can't see them closing the gap much either.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Right lads, Rangers/Sevco/ Deidco are splashing the cash, signing loads of players and have bought Fatboys shares. So what's the craic? Is it safe to assume that they aren't just about to die as has been predicted by Tony for God knows how long? Are they likely to close the gap next season?

From my reading of it it seems they have been given directorial loans again, which technically means they have broken UEFA's rules but that needs to be flagged by the SFA. They may well have found some loophole that makes this acceptable or the SFA might be turning a blind-eye, a regular enough occurrence in some countries for UEFA not to be troubled. These loans seem to be on the premise that a European run will get them their money back and, with the Ashley deal on jerseys, they will be on an even enough keel again, short-term at least. 
It is a massive risk for a number of reasons, not least as there is no guarantee these signings, a few of whom knows anything about and come with sketchy enough records, and secondly their paucity of stores, it is the vendor makes the most money from new jersey sales. I think on average the club gets about 3 quid from jerseys sold elsewhere.
They do seem to be paddling very fast under the water and getting by, they will either eventually join the rest of the ducks or keel over and drown. I would say it is 50-50. Fun times ahead either way.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:28pm
Throwing things at the away keeper from a Luxembourg team  while singing a Father's Advice. Staying classy!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:35am
Almost 50k in attendance, fair play to them

Bad sign when kenny miller is still their best player
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was included in their season ticket, same reason the Celtic crowd against Linfield will be over 50k.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Was included in their season ticket, same reason the Celtic crowd against Linfield will be over 50k.

Well there's also the added fact that they're a shower of orange b******s

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:05pm

Always helps! I still hope Tommassi and the boys come good!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:08pm

Always helps! I still hope Tommassi and the boys come good!

+1 definitely

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:25pm
Will you pop down to Windsor?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:26pm
No, would have tried to get a ticket had Celtic fans been going. Don't fancy sitting on my hands for 90 minutes in that hate-filled cauldron

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
I can understand that, if I was in your part of the world I would be very tempted though. I think Celtic not taking tickets could cause more hassle, I can't imagine every Celtic fan within a half hour of Belfast is just going to watch it on the box
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:30pm
Will Linfield sell out the stadium do you reckon or will there be empty seats?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:32pm

Will Linfield sell out the stadium do you reckon or will there be empty seats?
I would be surprised if we were that big a draw, what does it even hold these days? 18k? That is a lot of people coming out of spite!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:33pm
Yeah 18k.
So tickets should be easily enough got you would think
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:38pm

Yeah 18k.
Which is why I don't understand Celtic's logic, Linfield would have agreed to well over the allocation to get money in. I went to watch Cliftonville at Windsor a good few years back and it was edgy but grand, I don't think this would have been any different. There is a lot more potential for trouble now.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:27am

Yeah 18k.
Which is why I don't understand Celtic's logic, Linfield would have agreed to well over the allocation to get money in. I went to watch Cliftonville at Windsor a good few years back and it was edgy but grand, I don't think this would have been any different. There is a lot more potential for trouble now.

Celtic cannot be held responsible now.  10 UEFA fines in 6 years must mean more sectarian chanting could lead to a ground closure or worse.  Linfield are now 100% responsible for fans behaviour.  It's a smart move by Celtic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 350351352353354 667>
  Share Topic