Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 666>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:00pm
Rangers top of the league.
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
Congratulations to sevco on "Winning the league on December 2nd Day", world cup winning celebration at the end there - I wonder will a dvd be in the pipeline?

Again scandalous refereeing decisions helped them to the 3 points, giving the bluenose a red card was nothing as the game was already won

The helping/cheating will be worse than the Mowbray season

Let's see how Dallas jr gets on now in the league cup final
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:18pm
Talking of scandalous refereeing, you watching Celtic here Tony?
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:35am
Hearts manager Craig Levein was left furious with referee Bobby Madden after losing 2-1 to Rangers, saying "it was like playing against 12 men".

Levein was upset by Alfredo Morelos' winning goal, which was scored from an offside position.

He also questioned the treatment of the Rangers striker, who was involved in a series of skirmishes with Hearts captain Christophe Berra.

"I've lost my voice from shouting at the referee," Levein told BBC Scotland.

"It was a terrible performance - it really was. How Morelos gets away with what he gets away with, I just don't understand.

"It was like, as [Hibs manager] Neil Lennon said after going to Celtic Park, playing against 12 men.

"How many fouls can Morelos give away without being booked? The one where he jumped into Berra off the ball, the referee said he's just a bit silly sometimes.

"That's what he told one of our players. Now, if you jump into somebody, I don't care if you're silly or not, it's a booking."

Match report: Hearts 1-2 Rangers
Hearts were rewarded for an enterprising start at Tynecastle when Gareth McAuley knocked in an own goal from a Marcus Godinho cross.

But Rangers hit back with Connor Goldson equalising from close range and Morelos delivering the decisive goal from a free-kick before half-time.

TV replays showed Morelos and other Rangers players were offside, with Levein left to bemoan the performance of the officials.

"We've lost a few goals at set-pieces which have been offside, like today's," he explained.

"We asked the question of the referee supervisor why the linesmen keep making mistakes. He said that it's easier for them if you hold the line on the 18-yard line.

"We did that today and he still got it wrong. I don't know what [head of referee development] John Fleming's next suggestion will be - maybe making sure his officials do their jobs properly."

New Premiership leaders Rangers lost Scott Arfield to a second-half red card but held on to consign Hearts to their fourth successive league defeat. Despite losing more ground, Levein was pleased with his side.

"I was delighted with the players, the effort after recent difficult times and everything they did to try and win," he said.

"I was delighted with our support. And I felt that, on another day, that's a game we could have won. Things are difficult for us just now and the last thing we need was to play against 12 men."

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 11:51am
The refereeing in Scotland is dreadful, as both games yesterday highlighted.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:00pm
Oh look here's more

'I read a quote from Neil Lennon a few weeks ago when they went to Celtic Park and he said that: "We were playing against 12 men" - and that's how I feel today.
'How Morelos stays on the park, never mind gets through that without a booking, I'll never know. Some of the decisions today were abysmal.
'Austin [MacPhee, assistant manager] phoned (head of referee development) John Fleming a while ago because we had three goals against us that were offside because the linesman made mistakes.
'John Fleming suggested that we held the line on the 18-yard line to make it easier for his officials. So we did that today and they still f****** got it wrong!
'Actually, it's 13 we are playing against. And the good thing is that Neil Lennon didn't get any punishment - that's good to know.
'So, the referee was abysmal and we were playing against 13 men. That's my view on it. It's really good news that there won't be any punishment.
'Have I been in to see Bobby? What's the point? Unless he's got a time machine and can go back to fix his mistakes.
'Morelos had loads of fouls where he doesn't even watch the ball. He just jumps into the centre-backs.
'There was one where he has smashed Christophe (Berra) and Bobby said to one of our players: "It's alright, that's just Morelos - he's a bit silly sometimes." 'Well maybe I'll tell our players to be silly because you don't get booked for it! It was an abysmal performance.
'The funny thing is that he (Madden) said before the game and warned us that we are not allowed to look at any reviews of situations that have happened in the match and complain about them to him.
'I asked him: "The fact you are warning us - does that mean you're planning on making loads of mistakes?" And he laughed. No wonder.'
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:13pm
Quite a funny interview by Levein, referencing Lennon a couple of times and the fact he didn't get punished for saying similar.
There were 3 offside for the Rangers winner. They attempted to cover Levein's comments on Sportscene last night but didn't show many examples of Morelos fouling. All they showed was the offside goal, a bad tackle by a Hearts player on Koulibaly which should have been a red, and Arfield's horror tackle on the keeper

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:18pm
Mcinnes will crumble as usual v them on Wednesday night
If i was an Aberdeen fan id want him out

Edited by tonyjaa - 03 Dec 2018 at 12:18pm
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:27pm
operation stop the 10 in full swing

lets not just focus on the refs but also their assistants

yesterday was every bit as bad as performances from Gordhun McBride and Andrew Davis who influenced a couple of titles in favour of the hun, these are the most notable ones

not to mention Douglas Ross MP

they all need scrutiny 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Embarrassed
His second line is correct though, he is a poor manager.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Embarrassed
His second line is correct though, he is a poor manager.

Poor is an understatement! He's built a reputation based on coming 2nd in a 1 team league for years now.
And to think he was once upon a time 1st choice favourite for Sunderland LOLEmbarrassed

Morelos is a funny character, bags of individual talent there but an absolute liability because he's an absolute fruitloop.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:37pm
Would finishing 2nd in a one team league not be deemed to be pretty good, if you aren’t that one team? 

Wouldn’t say he’s a good manager, not many in the SPL are, but finishing second the past couple of years is as good as they could have hoped for.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:41pm
He did well insofar as he made Aberdeen take up their rightful place as the second best team in Scotland after Rangers went bust. He has never taken them any further though. In fact, despite a decent result tonight, he is taking them backwards.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:42pm

He did well insofar as he made Aberdeen take up their rightful place as the second best team in Scotland after Rangers went bust. He has never taken them any further though. In fact, despite a decent result tonight, he is taking them backwards.

Correct. Stagnated so badly, lost to some absolute rotten teams in the EL qualifiers, the only exemption you can give them is this year against Burnley and now regressed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:42pm

Would finishing 2nd in a one team league not be deemed to be pretty good, if you aren’t that one team? 

Wouldn’t say he’s a good manager, not many in the SPL are, but finishing second the past couple of years is as good as they could have hoped for.

Given the demise of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Dundee United in that period, I would say it was the bare minimum.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Correct. Stagnated so badly, lost to some absolute rotten teams in the EL qualifiers, the only exemption you can give them is this year against Burnley and now regressed.
That was more down to Burnley being horrible!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 11:48pm

Given the demise of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Dundee United in that period, I would say it was the bare minimum.

Well he was hardly ever going to win a title. 
Second is his glass ceiling and he’s achieved that 3 years in a row now is it? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 424425426427428 666>
  Share Topic