You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Relegation Dogfight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I would be expecting us to rest quite a few players  against harps on saturday night with the replay on tuesday.

With Shields and Mountany injured and Clifford suspended, I'm sure O'Donnell will be rested, not really sure who will start in midfield for us.

If you could go ahead and win that one it would be appreciated.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:22am
Ha the bitter part of me would kind of want us not to win just to take it away from Cork winning it on the pitch!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:42am
Massive game tonight at Terryland .............
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:55pm
Saints, Shams and Derry all to win tonight please
El Puto Amo
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:36pm
Galway, Shams and Derry all to win tonight please
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:45pm
Shams and Derry  to win tonight please.  Galway and Pats to draw please.  

Most important of all Limerick to win tomorrow pretty please.

This is going right down to the wire.  
Simba View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:02pm
If rumours are to be believed, the 3rd relegation spot will be null and void in due course due to our North Korean overlords going bust/not getting a licence next season. I'd like to see Sligo come down to the poxy first division though fwiw.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Simba Simba wrote:

If rumours are to be believed, the 3rd relegation spot will be null and void in due course due to our North Korean overlords going bust/not getting a licence next season. I'd like to see Sligo come down to the poxy first division though fwiw.

If it is the case where football ends in Bray, I wonder who will step up the plate, as an uneven Premier or First division would be a bit of a disaster. It would also have implications on the European places should Bray qualify for Europe
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
Derry one nil
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:26pm
Galway winning. Pats
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Derry one nil

Galway 1-0! Really Don't want to see pats go down. Talking to pats fans at the fans game Monday who reckon that'll be the end of them if they do. Definitely my favourite of the Dublin clubs.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Derry one nil

Galway 1-0! Really Don't want to see pats go down. Talking to pats fans at the fans game Monday who reckon that'll be the end of them if they do. Definitely my favourite of the Dublin clubs.

It's very concerning alright. Could be a very difficult period for Saints
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:43pm
Saints 1-1.
Billy with the equaliser
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:04pm
So two of the three relegation spots are pretty much decided. With Harps goal difference counting against them they would need to win both remaining games and hope for other results to go their way. They have Drogs at home which they should win but they would still need to beat Bohs away on the last day of the season. Not impossible but unlikely.

Limerick should also win their game in hand against Drogs which should lift them from danger.

Realistically, the last relegation spot should be contested between Pats, Galway and Sligo. One point separates all three teams.

Saints finish with Cork at home and Derry away which is tough. Hopefully Cork will be on the piss next Friday.

Galway are away to limerick and home to Dundalk who are likely to be resting players for the cup final.

Sligo have the easiest run in I reckon. Home to Derry and away to Drogs.

It's too tight to call
El Puto Amo
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:21am
Bad night for Galway
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 1:36am
Gutted...Home games against Galway and Sligo killed us. Fine margins. Can't wait for the 1st Division againStern Smile
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 12:11pm
Another huge night.
Harps should be beating Drogs and could potentially give themselves a shot at survival if other results go their way.
Galway have two tricky games left. Hope to God they drop points tonight.
Saints playing against the Champs and fingers crossed that they are hanging after their celebrations. A win this evening could see us officially safe if Galway lose (which I don't predict)   

9:45
Bray Wanderers
V
Shamrock Rovers

19:45
Dundalk
V
Bohemian FC

Limerick
V
Galway United FC

St. Patrick's Athletic
V
Cork City

20:00
Finn Harps
V
Drogheda United

Edited by MC Hammered - 20 Oct 2017 at 12:12pm
El Puto Amo
KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 1:00pm
I expect Cork to win tonight with the weight of not blowing the biggest lead in history gone off their backs.
Also fancy Galway to beat Limerick based on them needing it more.

Harps have to be winning against Drogs.
Goinf to be a hell of a final weekend
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic