Relegation Dogfight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:34am
We really need to get a result in tallaght and hope the game in terryland ends in a draw keep things tight at the bottom as we have tough 3 games in row now with shamrock rovers, dundalk and Derry the opposition

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:36pm

We really need to get a result in tallaght and hope the game in terryland ends in a draw keep things tight at the bottom as we have tough 3 games in row now with shamrock rovers, dundalk and Derry the opposition
Derry were poor last week RB something not quite right if you ask me .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:44pm

Hoping for draws all over. We're home to Cork tonight and they win the league if they win so we have a chance to spoil the party. Actually feeling quite hopeful about it.
Dundalk would have to drop points for City to win the league tonight.

Would prefer that to happen than yous win it on Monday night!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:51pm

Hoping for draws all over. We're home to Cork tonight and they win the league if they win so we have a chance to spoil the party. Actually feeling quite hopeful about it.
Dundalk would have to drop points for City to win the league tonight.

Would prefer that to happen than yous win it on Monday night!

Your eagerness to give us a guard of honour is admirable Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 2:57pm
suppose we could just go down there and beat yous and not have to worry about it!!

Tony Cousins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:09pm

suppose we could just go down there and beat yous and not have to worry about it!!

That would be doing us a favour though. It would mean Cork might have some motivation against Derry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 3:29pm
i expect us to maybe rest some players tonight with Mondays game in mind. i'm sure the thought of Cork beating us to win the league is enough motivation for the lads to beat them monday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:12pm

i expect us to maybe rest some players tonight with Mondays game in mind. i'm sure the thought of Cork beating us to win the league is enough motivation for the lads to beat them monday

Can't see us beating ye Monday anyway. Hoping we can get a draw and that will be enough providing we are not beaten tonight.
adineen98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 4:45pm

And I'm sure the thought of beating Dundalk to win the title at home after finishing 2nd 3 years in a row is enough motivation for us to beat ye on Monday
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:41pm
Brilliant win tonight in front of a great crowd.

Started well, Sligo scored against the run of play and for the next 30 minutes before the equaliser Galway looked to be in a lot of trouble. Beaten in every tackle, second to every loose ball, looked rattled. Getting the equaliser, created and scored by the best players on the night, before half time was crucial. Everyone settled down after that and the second half performance was excellent.

Devaney's goal was sensational, best I've seen in a long time in Terryland, taking both occasion and quality into account.

Hopefully the result ruins the momentum Sligo were building and Galway can push on against Bray next week. I don't like the look of the Bray-Derry scoreline tonight though..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm

What a win for us tonight, confident we're well clear of the drop now.. magical ❤️❤️
Hery and Ogbene were another class
Joe Stalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:11am
Shaping up to be some battle now. You'd have to think Harps are gone, tough matches coming up and a terrible goal difference.

Pats look too strong to go down but they're running out of matches.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:38am
Pats v Shamrock Rovers now huge on Monday.  

Hard to see Harps get out of trouble now.  

Still any 1 of Sligo, Pats, Galway or Limerick.  
saintjoey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:47am
Genuinely can't believe we are in this position in some games we have been brilliant in others beyond dreadful but always felt we would have enough.. even last night Fagan missed a sitter in the 90th min to rescue a point it starts to make you wonder..

Monday is huge but limerick and Galway games much bigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:53am

whitesideOnside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:11am
The first half of football in Terryland was truly a brilliant game. End to end, fantastic atmosphere, tension, complete commitment, some really good football and lots of chances.
Obviously as a Utd fan I was delighted we went on and played really well in the second half, scoring a couple of excellent goals.
But anyone who watched the first half couldn't but see the potential in this league when big crowds attend and two teams really go at it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:38am

A lot of the teams at the bottom are picking up points recently (bar Drogs). What do we reckon is that minimum points total needed to stay up? 

From a Pat's perspective, I think we may need 6 more points from the last four games to be sure of survival. That would leave us on 39 points. We have Galway and Limerick to come which are going to be massive. We also have Cork and Derry so those 6 points won't come easy. 

Sligo have a relatively handy run in. Harps look to have the more difficult fixtures. It's going to go to the last game of the season anyway. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:02am
I would be expecting us to rest quite a few players  against harps on saturday night with the replay on tuesday.

With Shields and Mountany injured and Clifford suspended, I'm sure O'Donnell will be rested, not really sure who will start in midfield for us.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>