You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

refs and there officals in the LOI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: refs and there officals in the LOI
    Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 8:48am
i personally think there a disgrace and last nights game at united park this post from drogs forum sums up mr winters performance

"when he sends off two sligo players and their manager and WE think hes crap then he really is bad"
Sponsored Links

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 11:07am
try watching LSL games,its even worse.at least in the LOI theres some sort of accountability for the officials.
Theres only one sport that matters..
SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 11:40am
Wait till ya see this ****.

0:56 onwards, how is that a disallowed goal?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by SYLT SYLT wrote:

Confused any reason given?
SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by SYLT SYLT wrote:

Confused any reason given?

Nope but he apologised for it, would it not of been smarter to of just given the goal? ConfusedAngryConfusedAngry

Same happend the week before against UCD, ref blew but we played on and so did UCD and we score but the ref calls it back Angry
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 12:19pm
From what i've seen this season the ref's are terrible..and Shels have in particular been screwed over by ref's
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2009 at 3:46pm
Alan Kelly is sh*ttest ref i have ever seen
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
gary breen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary breen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 1:54pm
alan kelly is a wan*ker!!!! in dalyor bohs v pats he had a linesman with em who honestly looked about 12! didnt get 1 decision right!!!   
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 2:45pm
i think its a universal thing to say that officials are poor - but LOI refs are an absolute disgrace. they are unfit, unfamiliar with the rules and in many instances have affilliations to clubs. gerry perry was widely known to be a pats fan and every game he reffed us in, we were screwed over because he was trying to "compensate" the other team.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:28am
buttimer
kelly
stokes
mckeown
winter
handcock

all a f**kin disgrace

Edited by Glen Quagmire - 27 Apr 2009 at 5:28am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 5:52am
Lads, during the "Soccer Magazine" days of the 80s, I had a letter printed ranting about L of I refs.  Sadly nothing seems to have changed.  I am reluctant to say they're all rubbish and it is a bloody difficult job but the standard is not good enough imo.  A couple of LSL refs in my last couple of seasons reffing should be up there, but no sign of them yet.  It amuses me when the FAI moan that they're not picked for WC or Euros, but they have to be better for that to happen.  I often wonder what the referee inspectors are doing....
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 6:51am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Lads, during the "Soccer Magazine" days of the 80s, I had a letter printed ranting about L of I refs.  Sadly nothing seems to have changed.  I am reluctant to say they're all rubbish and it is a bloody difficult job but the standard is not good enough imo.  A couple of LSL refs in my last couple of seasons reffing should be up there, but no sign of them yet.  It amuses me when the FAI moan that they're not picked for WC or Euros, but they have to be better for that to happen.  I often wonder what the referee inspectors are doing....

do LOi of irleand managers have to give a rating after each game like in england?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:05am
I wouldn't know Glen, but I can guess what rating they'd give........I wasn't impressed with Hancock on Saturday either, for either side...
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:22am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I wouldn't know Glen, but I can guess what rating they'd give........I wasn't impressed with Hancock on Saturday either, for either side...

i dont think there is as no ref would get a good rating
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:56am
Managers get fined for saying anything negative so I guess rating referees would not get off the ground alright.
Hoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 2:30pm
I dont think a rating programe would help, a referee is allways 50% wrong..

The assesers do assesss and do pass on their points to the referees post match.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:07pm
before i start, boez deserved to win, but never have i seen a worse reffering display than tonight, it was so bad i would actually consider not going to LOI games any more, its an absolute pharce

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic