You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reeling In The Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
My first away trip as well in the February to San Marino Clap
Some sesh in Rimini
Certainly was. The foot.ie bus loaded up with beer on the 6one news heading for San Marino LOL it stopped up the top of the hill on way to the ground & f**ked off without us, we had to thumb a lift with a tray of beer down to stadium. Great times 
Blagged a lift with Ray Treacys bus. Pit stop at a couple of small bars up the mountain then onto the ‘stadium’. I stashed a bag of cans outside fearing they'd be taken off me. Hopped the waist high fence at the back of the stand at half time and retrieved them for the second half, and badly needed they were.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:21pm
the Armed police let me bring mine in one they were open, walked in with about 8 open cans LOL

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:23pm

the Armed police let me bring mine in one they were open, walked in with about 8 open cans LOL

feck it, I went dry for that first half for no reason
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

Bratislava Prague double header iirc. Savage week. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

feic I couldn’t tell you one thing I did in 2007.   Probably went to a few Ireland games.  Can’t think of anything else.  Some years feic all happens in your life of note and other times loads of Significant things happen in a few months. The 

Phewwwwwwwwwwwww talk about drink flowing , the football was crap .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jesus, Murphy's, we've seen a lot worse. Should have beaten Slovakia only for the customary late slip and were right in the game v the Czechs until Hunt got himself sent off.

But yes, the drink was flowing. Fans bus from Bratislava was a ride of death for me, had to get the bus to stop en route to compose myself... 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Think we were playing out of Croker then, tickets were around €80 for the lower tier, no problem filling the place, crazy how it’s changed. 
I qualified as a mechanic that year, in a great garage, before the f**king crash killed it. 
My first away trip as well in the February to San Marino Clap
Some sesh in Rimini

Some kickaround in the car park outside the ground!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 10:17am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jesus, Murphy's, we've seen a lot worse. Should have beaten Slovakia only for the customary late slip and were right in the game v the Czechs until Hunt got himself sent off.

But yes, the drink was flowing. Fans bus from Bratislava was a ride of death for me, had to get the bus to stop en route to compose myself... 
Should have been on the train Confused , now have to say we got lucky and decided to pay an extra 2 euro for first class .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Why is it banned on the one hour later show and not the regular hour? I must be thick. I don't get it.

Is this the reason why RTÉ +1 only goes out after 7pm and has a clocked finishing time too?

It's now a 24hr channel, and the show is repeated as all the others are. 

Better late than ever, five years to get an answer LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 5:38pm
Sad state of affairs but Reeling in the Years could be the TV highlight of the night
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Sad state of affairs but Reeling in the Years could be the TV highlight of the night

Not on tonight Cry
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 1:34pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 7:53pm
Brilliant show 👏 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
It was 2011 this week when a Royal Married one of the common folk she didn't show up in a tracksuit though. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:59pm
busy year was 2011. I feel focking old now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:12am
Cluxton lifting Sam is going to become a very common sight 😂
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:16am
Never showed our win over Estonia for the Euros if there was ever a fixed draw. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:22am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Never showed our win over Estonia for the Euros if there was ever a fixed draw. 

Yeah shocking omission 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic