You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Real Madrid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 4:28pm
[QUOTE=doherty]That would be a step back. Pochetino has to be the next manager. Lets make it happen.[/QUOTE. Looking like the main man is coming back but does that always work?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:22am
I'd have liked the Poisonous One to have come back and create a bigger sh*t heap. 

Is Zidane just till the end of the season? Or properly coming back? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'd have liked the Poisonous One to have come back and create a bigger sh*t heap. 

Properly 3 year deal until 2022
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:28am

Contract till 2022.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:07pm
Fool. With Ronnie gone, they're a different (worse) side. He will only harm his legacy.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Fool. With Ronnie gone, they're a different (worse) side. He will only harm his legacy.

Totally agree. He left at the right time.

I could understand if it was till the end of the season as he has nothing to lose.

He must have been promised a huge transfer budget.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:54pm
Where will the Poison One go now?    Portugal?

I say Germany
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:11pm
Yeah can't see this working out for Zidane. He'll get massive credit if he pulls it off. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I say Germany
He has said before that he would never go to Germany as he doesnt want to learn another language as 4 is enough.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I say Germany
He has said before that he would never go to Germany as he doesnt want to learn another language as 4 is enough.

That rules out Newcastle as well so..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I say Germany

Bradser is safe too...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I say Germany

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Totally agree. He left at the right time.

I could understand if it was till the end of the season as he has nothing to lose.

He must have been promised a huge transfer budget.

There was always going to be a big clearance this summer, the Galacticos version 6 coming up. Zidane must have missed it and maybe had some regrets, and now he's coming back to save the day as opposed to been a manager that srtared so well but it went to sh*t 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:45pm
Theres talk he'll get 300m to spend in the summer. Could see one or 2 of the big names being moved on too
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Theres talk he'll get 300m to spend in the summer. Could see one or 2 of the big names being moved on too

I had a feeling there would have to be certain financial guarntees to tempt ZZ back.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:27pm

Theres talk he'll get 300m to spend in the summer.
That's three players - or two if it includes Mbappe.

In fact, it could even be one, if they could ever persuade Neymar to leave PSG. Shocked

Now tbf, if ZZ got three players of the calibre of Hazard, say, and they all hit the ground running, that would seriously strengthen any team.

As against that, many of their star players are getting on: Modric 33, Marcelo 30, Ramos 32, Benzema 31. 

Could see one or 2 of the big names being moved on too
True.

Chief of these is Bale, whom he doesn't rate, but the player seems stubbornly attached to Madrid/Spain. Plus his wages and transfer fee will surely deter all but 2 or 3 clubs, unless RM are prepared to take a big hit, which would further eat into ZZ's budget. 

Then there's the problem of Courtois v Navas. He seems to prefer Navas, but he's 32, whereas Courtois is/should be the future. And he'll also need to revitalise Kroos (29), or risk him leaving.

Still, I'm sure he knows better than anyone what he's letting himself in for, so I wouldn't discount his chances of pulling it off.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:34pm
How do you know he prefers Navas over Courtouis? 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 2:51pm

How do you know he prefers Navas over Courtouis? 

Guillem Ballague was saying it the other day. Now I can't quickly find exactly where I saw it, but google throws up plenty, eg this from the Independent:

Thibaut Courtois' future at Real Madrid is uncertain after Zinedine Zidane, who moved to block the signing of the Belgian during his previous stint in charge, returned to the club. 

The Belgian has struggled for form in an underperforming Madrid side this season and while Zidane's return isn't necessarily terminal for his career at the Santiago Bernabeu, that Zidane preferred Keylor Navas to Courtois makes the Frenchman's return interesting as Navas remains at the club in a diminished role having effectively refused to leave.

Should Zidane decide to reinstate his former No 1 then it will be a further blow to the struggling Courtois, whose father Thierry has accused newspapers in Madrid and Belgium of bullying his son.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/thibaut-courtois-real-madrid-zinedine-zidane-new-manager-transfer-news-a8819046.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic