You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ray Darcy Euro Song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

For me, a song should be aimed at getting sang in the stadiums.
There is not a hope in hell; Rocky Road to Poland will be sang in Poznan or Gdansk

agree. but theres no reason why the "we love ireland abu" part of it cant be sung. not many words and simple.

i like the song.better than i thought it was going to be.

think this is he best i've heard so far
cup champions
Sponsored Links

kilty_lad View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilty_lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
If you look at the Ray Darcy video at around 2.43....who's Joe Duffy's doppelganger?

Edited by kilty_lad - 29 Apr 2012 at 11:42pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:12am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

There is not a hope in hell; Rocky Road to Poland will be sang in Poznan or Gdansk

Am I missing something Gerk, cos off the top of my head, can't think of an 'official' song that got recorded for a tournament that got sang in the stadium - ever.

Off topic, but I till can't watch this without a lump in the throat.

Three Lions for England, for me, without doubt the best tournament song ever
An official song should try and embrace the fans and get the song going inside stadiums. not just niteclubs

irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:58am
Have to sat its growing on me and i played it in the pub where i DJ last night and got a good reaction, think the problem is any song is always going to be compared to Put em under presure
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:00pm
Phil Cawley played it the other night where I work and announced it as the new World Cup song.
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:03pm
I'm started to like even more, Thumbs Up closer to the euros we get and I'll love it!!!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:22pm
Jedwards Put The Green Cape On. Havent seen it posted yet. Think it'll grow on people. Not going to be sung by the masses in Poland but will appeal to a wide audience. JedwardClap

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Jedwards Put The Green Cape On. Havent seen it posted yet. Think it'll grow on people. Not going to be sung by the masses in Poland but will appeal to a wide audience. JedwardClap

Wow that is awful. My ears hurt! The only thing I enjoyed was big Paul dancing
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:09pm
Jesus that is muck!
June 2012 party time!!
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:19pm
Not bad fair play to everyone who got involved
Shake and Bake
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:08pm

You have to consider who the Jedward song is aimed at. It is a good catchy line for that demographic and everyone will be familiar with the tune. This will win hearts and minds of a younger generation and the lyrics aren't bad. Also it is for charity so I'm giving it the Thumbs Up

Wonder will many be seen wearing the 'Green cape' in Poland?

I'm getting to like the Rocky Road the more I hear it too. Nothing will ever beat Put 'em under pressure but it is well put together.

All adds to the excitement.
JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

agree. but theres no reason why the "we love ireland abu" part of it cant be sung. not many words and simple.

i like the song.better than i thought it was going to be.

think this is he best i've heard so far

Totally agree on the Ireland Abu bit. Would sound great in the stadium
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:20pm
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:53pm
Clap
finally a song for the euro's Clap
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:24pm
Lionel said it better than I could...
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Lionel said it better than I could...

LOL my sentiments exactly!
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

This makes me feel both sad and violent at the same time.

Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:59pm
My kids love it! They caught on to the chorus of it by the end of the first listen. Annoyingly catching is the term I think I'm looking for. Its going to get plenty of airing over the next few weeks. If that gets played when we are out there, the place will still jump around to it regardless whether people like it or not.
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic