You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ray Darcy Euro Song

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:43am
Originally posted by The Drifter The Drifter wrote:

Shipping up to POZNAN!!!!! come on lads, this is exactly what I was talking about and since ray darcy is organising it in such a way that has the fans involved on the vocals, this will be perfect!
Wouldn't be great in the terraces with only 5 words.

Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:45am
If I was a leader I'd email Darcy and the relevant dude in FAI
And get a 3 ball going
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:45am
Have we any composers on here who could actually write a NEW song for Poland Confused
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:47am
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Have we any composers on here who could actually write a NEW song for Poland Confused
Anybody got Phil Coutler's number ? He did a great job with Ireland's Call Thumbs Up
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:48am
we could add in soundbites of trappatoni and what the players have said over the course of the campaign "keane, duff, given etc" and then in the terraces all we have to do is chant the melody bit done on accordian/banjo and then change the lyrics for the "i lost my leg" bit and then shipping up to poznan and you're onto a winner there Thumbs Up

Edited by The Drifter - 04 Jan 2012 at 7:54am
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Anybody got Phil Coutler's number ? He did a great job with Ireland's Call Thumbs Up

gerrup outa that Thumbs Up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:51am
let's be honest lads, put em under pressure and the game are great, but they were recorded over 20 years ago, no point trying to make them relevant and changing what's already good about them! we need a song that's been recorded in the last 5 years to give it a modern feel and a uniqueness. taking a song that's already been done and adding soundbites and changing the lyrics would definitely work Thumbs Up
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:08am

The White Stripes 7 Nation Army reworded, ???

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:09am
Wouldn't necessarily say it has to be a recent song , just something that people can sign along to - Horslips or Clannad weren't that recent in 1990. The early 90's was a good time for Irish music so maybe the likes of Tom Dunne could do something with Parachute or we somebody could adapt An Emotional Fish's Celebrate.
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:18am

a song with an easy chorus is the way to go, i think the rocky road to dublin is a great tune change it to the rocky road to poland and you have a classic if any song writes can change the words to the whole song,

But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:22am
Chillax

The wheels have been in motion on this for over a month nowThumbs Up
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:26am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Chillax

Can anybody confirm reports The Gerk was seen falling out of Bruxelles with Johnny Logan one night over Christmas ???

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Chillax

Can anybody confirm reports The Gerk was seen falling out of Bruxelles with Johnny Logan one night over Christmas ???

Indeed, leaning against each other they were singing Hold me now
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:29am
Always knew Gerk was a gypo :) 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:44am
Shower of tramps Thumbs Up
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:09am
The last time the official song was fan assisted was that dirge "Watch your house for Ireland"
Let the writers do their job, and on that note, anyone got Noel Gallagher's number?
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

The last time the official song was fan assisted was that dirge "Watch your house for Ireland"
Let the writers do their job, and on that note, anyone got Noel Gallagher's number?

christ that was a horrific effort, only made bearable due to the other 20 USA 94 songs released around that time that were far worse Confused

Edited by Del-Piero - 04 Jan 2012 at 10:13am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:00am
anyone think noel gallagher would do a song for us??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic