Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 622623624625626 667>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:15am
The Rangers fans were very quiet in the stadium. All the atmosphere was being generated from the Germans

It appears that in general they behaved themselves. The only videos that i saw was Frankfurt fans attacking Rangers

Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:33am
Good morning beautiful world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The Rangers fans were very quiet in the stadium. All the atmosphere was being generated from the Germans

It appears that in general they behaved themselves. The only videos that i saw was Frankfurt fans attacking Rangers

I've a mate from Seville and he just said that the Rangers fans were polluted drink very early and every day, probably too drunk to cause hassle, but German fans were definitely looking for trouble.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Find it strange bookies pricing Rangers up as the outsiders, considering they have got past the 2nd and 4th placed Bundesliga teams. Was shocked to see EF sitting 11th in the league.

Frankfurt have better players and beat Barcelona and the 7th best team in England comfortably on the way to the final.
Also if Rangers win they’ll have the worst tournament record for a winner in Europa League history 

Statistical analysis site FiveThirtyEight (i.e. not influenced by weight of punters' money like bookies) currently have Rangers as 53% versus EF's 47% (obv):

Whereas before the semi's, they'd gone big on Leipzig (83%) and Frankfurt (76%) contesting the Final, leaving WHU only a 24% chance and Rangers 17% (obv).

Incidentally, in finishing 11th in an 18 team Bundesliga, EF ended a point further behind Bayern after 34 games than WHU are behind Man City after 37. I suspect that like eg Sevilla and Villareal in La Liga, they may have sacrificed their league campaign to focus on Europe. Whereas WHU were thinking of Top Four until recently, while Rangers were desperate to win the SPL.
Great and all as that is, I wasn’t offering opinion, it was fact. I think they’ve averaged 1.66pts per game in the EL this season, winning 1 of 10 games away from home. 
Incredible achievement getting to the final in spite of this. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:46am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I've a mate from Seville and he just said that the Rangers fans were polluted drink very early and every day, probably too drunk to cause hassle, but German fans were definitely looking for trouble.
Yeah Frankfurt have a name for themselves & there’s a bit of a difference politically between the two clubs so no surprises 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:43am
That was close. You have to hand it to rangers this year it was a good run. And credit their fans didn't wreck the place. Is that why Seville provided no water at the match? So they would all be dehydrated and not fit to cause trouble after?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:54am
The water issue is serious. In places like Seville the temperatures can hit record highs, and whether somebody is on the beer or not, water is essential. Issues like that should be resolved as part of planning for the games. 
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 3:47pm
and relax

wonder will the diets lie down as usual on saturday for their masters

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 3:58pm
Genuine question, did you enjoy it more than Celtic winning the title? 

jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 4:10pm
Have no love for Rangers but it would have been brilliant for Scottish football if they had have won it. Its just a pity Rangers were representing the SPL in the final. 
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 4:20pm
With the conference league there is an argument that the europa league is a less competitive competition so they’re may be more surprising semi and finalists. Rangers got by 2 very decent German teams, both who’ll be in champions league next year :) so they didn’t get a soft path like say England in recent competitions. Always next year.

Post hangover it will be interesting to see if their fans recognise where they lost the title and if GVB will get any blame for that.
January and February they were poor.

Will their new centre half be playing for hearts at the weekend?
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

No it was more relief, similar to when Italy beat England in the final of the euros.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

No it was more relief, similar to when Italy beat England in the final of the euros.

I take your word for it. But I honestly believe there is a small wing of Celtic fans who couldn’t fully lean in to Celtic’s title win for the greater fear that Rangers would be a European Champion, and they would have gloating rights.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 6:53pm
Hearts can make this an unreal 7 days of celebration on Saturday

I think it'll still be a sevco win though
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 9:00pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 4:52pm
BBC Scotland’s coverage is incredibly biased 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 5:51pm
Hearts were pathetic, weeks to prepare for the final against a team who played 120+ minutes in 30 degrees during the week, and yet didnt have one shot on target in 120 minutes. Actually pathetic is being kind to them.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 5:52pm
I watched the Sunderland game and tuned into this game in the 93rd minute when Tav was taking the corner. Like ffs. Just about a jinx LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 622623624625626 667>
  Share Topic