Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions for Dave Langan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions for Dave Langan
    Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:04pm
Dave Langan will feature on the next YBIG Footie talk show. Post up any questions you'd like put to him here.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

Big Japp View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Japp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:08pm
Great player for Ireland was Davy Langan Cool
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Big Japp Big Japp wrote:

Great player for Ireland was Davy Langan Cool

Fair enough. Not much of a question though.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 12:24pm
Did he enjoy the evening in the Burlington Hotel with YBIG?
Most memorable game in an Irish shirt?
His opinion on the money players are paid nowadays.
Does he go and watch many games now? 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 12:27pm

he famously marked diego maradona once but who was the best...

Irish player he played with

english player he played with or against

scottish player he played with or against

who is his favourite player at the moment in the premier league

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 2:58pm
Any chance of a few quid to cover the price of flights to his abandoned testimonial?
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:01pm
Did you sit in the back seats or go to the front of the 78 bus when travelling to Ballyer on the old open backed bus and did you give the conductor the 'go ahead'?

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:14pm
How do jacobs get the figs into the fig rolls?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:39pm
Were you disappointed on the lack of bread rolls at your testimonial dinner?  I was Unhappy

Did you get the same buzz you did as a player when you came to watch your first Ireland match here in a very long time?

Old Lansdowne or New Lansdowne?

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Were you disappointed on the lack of bread rolls at your testimonial dinner?  I was Unhappy

LOL i wasnt
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:41pm
Some great ceisteanna there 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:44pm
What player would you like to see called into the Ireland squad that doesn't regularly get in?
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 5:10pm
How many times were you sent off in your professional career?  In today's football Dave woulda been carded regular enough I'd say given the way tackling has become a lost art and refs are under pressure more now to penalise hard but fair tackles.

Delighted that Dave is going on this show, a proper Irish hero. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 5:17pm
How would you adapt to the modern game where shin guards are compulsory and not permitted to roll socks down around your ankles
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 5:27pm
Great lads, I hope you will all listen to the show now when I upload it on friday
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 7:15pm
Do you meet up with many of the Irish players you played with. I understand you are working as a postman nowadays. When you see the money the players are on today do you feel bitter.
alive and kicking
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by smart man smart man wrote:

Do you meet up with many of the Irish players you played with. I understand you are working as a postman nowadays. When you see the money the players are on today do you feel bitter.

Confused LOL, not sure that's correct.........McG?

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:30am

ask him stuff we don't know the answer to. Fav game and all that is a bit yawn tbh.

Considering the hardship he was under as a result of football, Is he bitter looking at mediocre football players wages, i.e Bobby Zamora loking for 90k a week at QPR!
10 year anniversery of Saipain this year, when he was playing it with ireland how did he find the facilities, were the a shambles?
- Did he ever have a bust-up with ireland gaffers?

How do you view John Delaneys behaviour? Pat fenlon said it was unprofessional and the CEOs have no busines running on to a ptich or throwing their tie in to the fans, what do you think?

Who does he consider the greatest irish player ever?

The problem of depression in football seems to be getting more and more attention, did he suffer from it, especailly when his playing career finished?

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic