You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about what time before we kick off...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:27pm
want to be in the stadium at least 1 hour before kick off.  Love getting in early and soaking up the atmosphere, watching the players warm up, etc.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:46pm
Yeah don't mind getting in early but if you are leaving the city centre 3 hours before kick off to give yourself time to collect tickets and get into the stadium 2 hours before hand then that would be 3 hours off the gargle and hangover from the earlier booze will have kicked in.

These 3.5% beer on sale in the stadium sounds promising. That would certainly tick you over.
Anyone know if this is officially confirmed?
Mr.Polska View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Polska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

These 3.5% beer on sale in the stadium sounds promising. That would certainly tick you over.

Anyone know if this is officially confirmed?

in january law in poland was changed allowing selling such beer on stadiums. Dunno how its gonna be during euro matches when probly some uefa regulations will be in force.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:01pm

Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 4:43pm
I think in the main, people get in way earlier to games at tournaments. Atmosphere is way different and people definitely want to soak it up.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 5:01pm
Do you reckon I'd get a hipflask in?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Do you reckon I'd get a hipflask in?

Depends where you hide it !!

niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:00pm
Got small shot bottle of Jager in to play off in Tailinn on the sole of my shoe,it was a great call as it put my hangover back a few hours.

Think i might do it again.
June 2012 party time!!
trainee View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:45pm
During Euro 2012, alcoholic beverages will not be on sale at the stadiums. Fans are strictly prohibited from bringing their own alcoholic beverages into the stadiums, with strict penalties of up to 2,000PLN (€500) being applied.

http://www.eccireland.ie/topic.php?topic=17
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by trainee trainee wrote:

During Euro 2012, alcoholic beverages will not be on sale at the stadiums. Fans are strictly prohibited from bringing their own alcoholic beverages into the stadiums, with strict penalties of up to 2,000PLN (€500) being applied.

http://www.eccireland.ie/topic.php?topic=17

On second thoughts Cry
June 2012 party time!!
mmk1888 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmk1888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:24pm
Anybody know what time the ticket office opens at id say the queue will be massive
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:49pm
Alcohol will be on sale in the stadiums based on the changes in the law here made in January.

The beer will be 3.5% or less, but in the VIP sections there will other drinks available.

The local authorities have the right to stop the sale if they believe it is causes a security risk.
Beer will not be sold at matches which are considered high risk e.g. Poland vs Russia.

Important:
Drinking on the street is illegal here in Poland and they have been trying to educate visitors about this.
However local authorities are being asked to use a softer approach with tourists.

Police will not be actively targeting supporters but giving gentle warnings at first.
If someone is drinking on the street and making trouble, they will get to spend a night in the drunk tank and pay a nice fine.

Based on my mates getting done for this, it is usually about 100 euros.

Edited by mactifosi - 22 May 2012 at 7:50pm
http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:54pm
Fcuk it lads, ye can live without the beer for a couple of hours while we're watching our biggest games in years.  Ye can have the beers beforehand and probably even outside the ground and not to mention when we're celebrating afterwards.

Personally dont like drinking an awful lot on the day of the game, the night before, yes fire ahead, but need my wits about me for the game!

Does anyone know how far the two stadiums are from general city centre area?

EDIT:  Poznan stadium is about 7km and Gdansk stadium is about 5km from city centre, based on google maps anyways

Edited by elroy45 - 22 May 2012 at 11:02pm
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

Alcohol will be on sale in the stadiums based on the changes in the law here made in January.

The beer will be 3.5% or less, but in the VIP sections there will other drinks available.

The local authorities have the right to stop the sale if they believe it is causes a security risk.
Beer will not be sold at matches which are considered high risk e.g. Poland vs Russia.

Important:
Drinking on the street is illegal here in Poland and they have been trying to educate visitors about this.
However local authorities are being asked to use a softer approach with tourists.

Police will not be actively targeting supporters but giving gentle warnings at first.
If someone is drinking on the street and making trouble, they will get to spend a night in the drunk tank and pay a nice fine.

Based on my mates getting done for this, it is usually about 100 euros.

You think our three games that drink will be sold?
June 2012 party time!!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 12:06am
On match day drink is secondary . Biggest 3 games we have had in 10 years , I drink every weekend . Not a big deal for me .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 1:48am
Reckno alot of fans may not make it to the game/ too drunk to rember it...reason being the late kick off times...every one will be drinking all day from about 1 onwards...would hate to see people being too drunk.. take it easy on match days is my plan..hit it hard after the game then!
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

Reckno alot of fans may not make it to the game/ too drunk to rember it...reason being the late kick off times...every one will be drinking all day from about 1 onwards...would hate to see people being too drunk.. take it easy on match days is my plan..hit it hard after the game then!

I know some people never drink before big matches or maybe just the one, I reckon with all the adrenaline, you can have a good few but there's always fellas who get after it way too much. Complete waste in my book as while we're all there for the craic, the football is # 1. 
Kenny Powers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny Powers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:02am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

On match day drink is secondary . Biggest 3 games we have had in 10 years , I drink every weekend . Not a big deal for me .

+1

I fear with the late kick-off and strong Polish beer that is there are going to be alot of messy drunken irish about on match days.

Certainly if you are somebody who has attended Ireland games for years and who has waited years to get an opportunity to watch these games - it just seems a waste.

I like a beer as much as the next guy but I'll be sipping 2 or 3 beers pre-game at a maximum. Maybe one in the stadium if they are selling and post-match....well who knows how many!Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic