You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pyrite problems in houses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

and absolutely no way of knowing whether there really was bids..... It's a murky process

Not true.
You are legally obliged to see the bidding book
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Cotsy Cotsy wrote:

Is it yours now at 280 if you are happy?

Have been going up 1k at a time but not worth a f**k so am going to start firing in a big one at the start to try and scare ppl straight away from getting involved.

I think im getting an ulcer from the stress, its horrendous.

It's a pain in the hole. Ye I would try a 5k increase. Might scare one or two.
Waiting to hear back. Last I heard we were top, no more viewings and hope to tie it up today.

Looking good but I won't hold my breath
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

and absolutely no way of knowing whether there really was bids..... It's a murky process

Not true.
Is there checks to ensure compliance I wonder....how easy is it for them to fabricate. I just don't trust the fookers at all, particulalrly after I tried to buy two doors down from where I am now and put a deposit on it...along with another couple who alos put a deposit on it.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:42pm

Not true.
Is there checks to ensure compliance I wonder....how easy is it for them to fabricate. I just don't trust the fookers at all, particulalrly after I tried to buy two doors down from where I am now and put a deposit on it...along with another couple who alos put a deposit on it.

I would say plenty take chances and they have cooked the books before.
One estate agent I was talking to told us to make sure we check the book so I presume they have fabricated bids before.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:45pm

Not true.

One estate agent I was talking to told us to make sure we check the book so I presume they have fabricated bids before.

No doubt about it. The estate agent took deposits off us both, handed thekeys out to separate engineers etc for inspections. Only the oother party were driving up to show their oul wans where they were buying and seen a bit of activity, one or both of us culd have been out of pocket.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:46pm

I rang up and stuck in a couple of cheeky bids for a laugh.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I rang up and stuck in a couple of cheeky bids for a laugh.

LOL
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 3:59pm

Is it yours now at 280 if you are happy?

Have been going up 1k at a time but not worth a f**k so am going to start firing in a big one at the start to try and scare ppl straight away from getting involved.

I think im getting an ulcer from the stress, its horrendous.

It's a pain in the hole. Ye I would try a 5k increase. Might scare one or two.
Waiting to hear back. Last I heard we were top, no more viewings and hope to tie it up today.

Looking good but I won't hold my breath

Best of luck.
Bohs Till I Die
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 4:03pm
Hope it works out for you Gerk Thumbs Up, fookin pressure you dont need trying to get the house you want, a rollercoaster ride
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 4:23pm
Got back to me there. It's down to me and one other bidder.
The other bidder wants access to the house for a builder to quotes them on an extension etc before they decide to increase the bid Thumbs Down
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 6:18pm
What's for ye won't go by ye
Never a truer word spoken
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What's for ye won't go by ye
Never a truer word spoken

Live by that meself
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 7:46pm
Cotsy, how many have you bid on?
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 12:49pm
Had bid on 3 before last night, one of them over a 3 week period when looking back now we were never really in the running and offering money we didnt have. Went to a viewing last night at 6 and was sale agreed on the house by 7.20. Absolutely thrilled. Decided to be aggressive so went 10 over the asking straight away. The spec had said they need sale concluded by May, ended up having to throw an extra 2k on but sale agreed, holding deposit paid and solicitor is on the case already. Still in shock but delighted.

Any word back on yours?
Bohs Till I Die
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 2:23pm

Not true.

No doubt about it. The estate agent took deposits off us both, handed thekeys out to separate engineers etc for inspections. Only the oother party were driving up to show their oul wans where they were buying and seen a bit of activity, one or both of us culd have been out of pocket.
were you and the other couple both dealing with the same estate agents?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Not true.

were you and the other couple both dealing with the same estate agents?
Yeah same estate agent based on the Clonsilla Road in Blanch, same surname as the loveable tv rogue Arthur. He took two booking deposits, handed out keys, dealt with us both on the phone and played his part in under table payments from the other party. Yer wan told me bluntly that she had offered cash under the table. My solicitor reckoned that he would have went as far as taking the full deposit before I would have got screwed over. The other couple bought it and are now living there.  
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 2:44pm

Had bid on 3 before last night, one of them over a 3 week period when looking back now we were never really in the running and offering money we didnt have. Went to a viewing last night at 6 and was sale agreed on the house by 7.20. Absolutely thrilled. Decided to be aggressive so went 10 over the asking straight away. The spec had said they need sale concluded by May, ended up having to throw an extra 2k on but sale agreed, holding deposit paid and solicitor is on the case already. Still in shock but delighted.

Any word back on yours?

You little Daisy, congrats Thumbs Up

That's mad..was it the first viewing? PM me the house

I'm still waiting on the other bidder. They are hoping to tie it up this week so still have my fingers and toes crossed
Cotsy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cotsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 8:04am
Ye first viewing was Tuesday. I was sick of viewing 3 timee and then being left in the dust of other bidders. The sellers deadline is what got us over the line.

Will pm you the link wen I get to work.

Not letting myself get too happy until signed tho, hopefully no hitches.
Bohs Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic