Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Putting scores on match threads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putting scores on match threads
    Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 4:12pm
I was quite annoyed earlier on today while browsing the forum. I can't get to watch the football live today so I'm going to watch the highlights later. Somebody changed the name of the City v United thread to city 0-2 united HT. It's a right pain as I was deliberately avoiding that thread but what was the purpose in changing the title?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 4:41pm
Yeah get this sort you Mod ****s, I generalyw atch my football later than Kick off time, so I can fast forward through that mong Redknapp & Co.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:03pm
Jaysis and there i was concerned for the homeless this time of year. Sorry for your troubles Franko!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:24pm
All sorted lads , we wont post any stuff up on titles until a month after the game , bbc and itv websites have agreed to do the same and rte are a week behind anyway so ye should be sound , just keep sway from sky , espn , cnn , cnbc , msnbc , tv3 and the disney chsnnel , them ****s just wouldn't play ball
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

All sorted lads , we wont post any stuff up on titles until a month after the game , bbc and itv websites have agreed to do the same and rte are a week behind anyway so ye should be sound , just keep sway from sky , espn , cnn , cnbc , msnbc , tv3 and the disney chsnnel , them ****s just wouldn't play ball

This!

If you want to dodge scores stay away from a football forum ffs
It's Jack Shat
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

This!

+1
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:41pm
if you wanted a score update youd use itv, paddypower, bbc, livescore etc, ybig never done it, no reason to do it now, dont avoid scores myself but must be handyto have one football site without the scores on it
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:42pm
Nice mature response lads. Cheers.

As You Were
Three in a row
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:47pm

This!

Eh, I had no intention of reading the thread and was actually going to check the whatever section. However my phone was on the new posts page and as I was scrolling down to the whatever section in plain view was the HT score of the match. I've never seen that done before and I dont know what the purpose of it was for. Like vidic said, if you want to check a score surely you'd use livescore or something like that.

As You Were
Three in a row
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:58pm

Agree with vidic but also with jackshat.

I wouldnt go near a football forum if I didnt want to know a result.

Edited by rolo - 09 Dec 2012 at 8:00pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

This!

Eh, I had no intention of reading the thread and was actually going to check the whatever section. However my phone was on the new posts page and as I was scrolling down to the whatever section in plain view was the HT score of the match. I've never seen that done before and I dont know what the purpose of it was for. Like vidic said, if you want to check a score surely you'd use livescore or something like that.

Fair enough, I know changing the thread title is a bit off but I wouldn't go on a footy forum if I wanted to dodge a score.
It's Jack Shat
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 1:55pm
Fck sake lads if it means that much then put a post up in row asking people not to do it
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:00pm
There is no sense at all in putting the score in the thread title. Why would someone do that in the first place?
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic