You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Put em under Pressure" just before kickoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:02am
Put em under pressure is the best football song ever. Nothing can come close to it. It doesnt matter if its related to Italia 90. Fact of the matter is as soon as this song is played the whole crowd would be rocking. I have it as my ringtone and the reaction it gets off people in the office and on trains and the likes is unbelievable. It should be played on repeat before, after and during the gameWink. Its all about creating an atmosphere and this is the perfect song that everyone knows and reminds them of good times.

When you watch the youtube videos of Italia 90 and all the hysteria it created the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. It gets you wishing we could repeat them times. This song does exactly this everytime you hear it.

PUT EM UNDER PRESSURE.
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:08am
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Put em under pressure is the best football song ever. Nothing can come close to it. It doesnt matter if its related to Italia 90. Fact of the matter is as soon as this song is played the whole crowd would be rocking. I have it as my ringtone and the reaction it gets off people in the office and on trains and the likes is unbelievable. It should be played on repeat before, after and during the gameWink. Its all about creating an atmosphere and this is the perfect song that everyone knows and reminds them of good times.

When you watch the youtube videos of Italia 90 and all the hysteria it created the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. It gets you wishing we could repeat them times. This song does exactly this everytime you hear it.

PUT EM UNDER PRESSURE.

Hard to argue with any of that Houghton, you have changed my view on this matter! Embarrassed

Fair play Clap
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:53am

I actually think that this song has healing powers. but only if recorded and sung by Chris de Burgh. LOL

To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:55am

once the music kicks in it's great. so what if it's related to 1990 and it's a new team, Trap or the players shouldn't feel like they are second to the 1990 team, we support the manager and the players just as much, just the song brings back great memories and we want them again.

Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:22am
I am big fan of this song, and if it will get people going I am all for it.
First Commander-Galway Regatta
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:51am
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

PUT EM UNDER PRESSURE.

spot onClap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:53am
Possibly the greatest song ever written..

I love the bit -

"Pu pu pu pu pu push me push me push me"

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 11:51am
yeah its just amazing...And even if they put the video of it onto the screens also, showing how amazing the irish fans were during that world cup...It actually might stirr some people in the ground...

Also, the kids would love it too...ha Thumbs%20Up

Put em under pressure....
Gizzmo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

I am big fan of this song, and if it will get people going I am all for it.

me too ... bring back the good times and memories ...

fav irish song ... still get the shivers when i hear it
Richard Dunne For Captain
Shay Given is GOD !!
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:17am
Agree completely that this song should be played before kick off...Hair standing on neck comments are spot on and for those people not used to singing at matches it is an easy introduction for them and once they get past the awkardness of belting out a song in public they will enjoy the release and hopefully keep it going all game....Bring it on!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 8:31am
What would we need to do to organise this song getting played...
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 8:41am
I don't know why anyone would be against playing this magnificent, fantastic song. Play it just before the teams come out. Everyone will be buzzing!!

The teams should come out to this...

Walking out at 2:00 Clap

This is the one!!!!!!!!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 8:51am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I don't know why anyone would be against playing this magnificent, fantastic song. Play it just before the teams come out. Everyone will be buzzing!!

This is the one!!!!!!!!

6 hours before kick off  Confused
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 8:54am
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

This is the one!!!!!!!!

LOL 2 mins into the song Wink
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 9:02am

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

This is the one!!!!!!!!

LOL 2 mins into the song Wink

oh  Embarrassed
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 5:53pm
maybe actually play it just before the teams come out...It would really get the fans going...
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 4:24am

Fully agree. Put em under pressure always gets everyone's adrenaline up!

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
The_Yank View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Yank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Fully agree. Put em under pressure always gets everyone's adrenaline up!

Clap
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic