You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Put em under Pressure" just before kickoff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Put em under Pressure" just before kickoff
    Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 4:58pm

I was looking at loads of irish songs, but Put em under pressure is just amazing....It really gets ya fired up even just watching and hearing it...It takes us back to our last recession which was our glory days when we qualified for Italia 90...

God I love it and every Irish fan loves it..There are 69,000 views for the video on youtube.... Imagine what the crowd would be like if it came on before kickoff.....

Please please please get this played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PT65I2ny8
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:02pm
Great song alright Dave but I dont agree that it should be played, it is unique to a particular world cup and nothing to do with this campaign and it refers to Jack, we aint part of Jacks army anymore pal!

Dont get me wrong great song but just not played at home games IMO.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:05pm

I just think it would do great things for the crowd, and the players if they heard it as they would all remember how the world cup brought our country to a standstill and how amazing it must have been...Maybe it would be inspiration for them.....

I agree that we have a new manager and everything but it is still a feel good song that reminds us what can be achieved....Smile
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:09pm
The thing is though why can't the fans create a poxy atmosphere!

Are we the only country that has families going for a day out to see a home match and fook all die hards? If the players need Put em under pressure to fire them up then they shouldnt be in the dressing room!

Eye of the tiger needs to be played in the home dressing room, Gerk can u sort this out please? Clap

Edited by Sono - 24 Sep 2009 at 5:09pm
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

The thing is though why can't the fans create a poxy atmosphere!

Are we the only country that has families going for a day out to see a home match and fook all die hards? If the players need Put em under pressure to fire them up then they shouldnt be in the dressing room!

Eye of the tiger needs to be played in the home dressing room, Gerk can u sort this out please? Clap

I wake up to this every morning Cool
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:18pm
This is How Croker should look

ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

did you not say this in another thread Brianie? Confused
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:24pm

Is this not a thread about music? Confused
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 5:26pm
Yeh, Just practising putting up Pics Count, Course is excellentThumbs%20Up And that is how Croker should lookWink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 6:31pm
The players should need fook all to get them going.They are the most privileged group of people IN THE WORLD to be able to put on the green jersey on and represent Ireland at football.
When the National Anthem is being played the hairs on their necks should be standing up and the feeling of pride should be running through their veins.
Theres hundreds of thousands that would kill to be blessed with the ability to be able to play for Ireland and wouldnt need f**king eye of the tiger to go out and spill blood for the cause..
Theres only one sport that matters..
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:03pm

If the players need Put em under pressure to fire them up then they shouldnt be in the dressing room!

are you taking the piss or am i missing something here...You dont want a football song played in the dressing room but a song from a movie instead.?
cup champions
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

If the players need Put em under pressure to fire them up then they shouldnt be in the dressing room!

are you taking the piss or am i missing something here...You dont want a football song played in the dressing room but a song from a movie instead.?

might not be a football song m8 but eye of the tiger would get anybody hyped up Clap
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:36pm
Limp Bizkit Break Stuff is the only pre match song that should be played anywhere, When i listen to it, it makes me wanna f**k people up and im a very placid individual. It even started the Woodstock 99 riots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywuYC0n5cNg

Irishlad View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:37pm

EXACTLY!!!!
MOB
Irishlad View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 7:43pm
[QUOTE=davekoolhill]
I was looking at loads of irish songs, but Put em under pressure is just amazing....It really gets ya fired up even just watching and hearing it...It takes us back to our last recession which was our glory days when we qualified for Italia 90...

God I love it and every Irish fan loves it..There are 69,000 views for the video on youtube.... Imagine what the crowd would be like if it came on before kickoff.....

NO WAY...Plaease, that was then...this is now

OLE! OLE! OLE! Should be BANNED from Irish soccer and everywhere else...EX. When Bernard Dunne fought for the World  Title he fought Cordoba - Who speaks Spanish...throughout the whole fight the crowd were singing OLE! OLE! OLE!...he must have thought he was fighting at home...

We need NEW SONGS...ANYTHING BUT OLE! OLE! OLE   PLEASEEEEEEEEEE 
MOB
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 2:35am
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

No piss take DG, I don't see why a football song from an old world cup should be played for a qualifier which represents Italia 90 Confused

The eye of the tiger is a fookin quality song and is a real motivator, I didnt actually mean this in particular rather using it as an example of something that could be played that's all, or does the eye of the tiger represent something Italian that we don't know about? Confused

Edited by Sono - 25 Sep 2009 at 2:35am
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Irishlad Irishlad wrote:

[QUOTE=davekoolhill]

NO WAY...Plaease, that was then...this is now

OLE! OLE! OLE! Should be BANNED from Irish soccer and everywhere else...EX. When Bernard Dunne fought for the World  Title he fought Cordoba - Who speaks Spanish...throughout the whole fight the crowd were singing OLE! OLE! OLE!...he must have thought he was fighting at home...

We need NEW SONGS...ANYTHING BUT OLE! OLE! OLE   PLEASEEEEEEEEEE 

Im confused. You want to ban one the few songs that acutally gets sung at the home matches I dont see how that will really help atmosphereConfused. I dont care if we sing the same old songs every game, the fact is people would at least be singing.
First Commander-Galway Regatta
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 3:42am
The players I am sure are riled up but we don't come out all guns blazing like we used to (which in turn got the fans behind the team straight from the start). Trap's style of play is for a slow build up, don't make any mistakes. Dunne said at the start of the campaign that the home fans are going to have to get use to a slower style of build up. This is what we are seeing. It's not pretty but it seems to be working quite well on the pitch, just hard for our fans to get behind a team playing so dull.

The only times there was a really good continious atmosphere is when we ditched the slow build up style of play and were chasing the games against Georgia and Italy away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic