You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Puns - Yay or Nay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: As the title says.........
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [38.18%]
34 [61.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:15am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Look, can we not just ban everyone? I'm mad to see a few posters getting banned.

Everytime there's a conversation between two people we should a) label it a meltdown, b) talk about it in the current forum rivalries thread, and c) then ban that person, to make it more like the LOI forum with two new posts per week on it.

Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:18am
Kill everyone Nuke
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Look, can we not just ban everyone? I'm mad to see a few posters getting banned.

Everytime there's a conversation between two people we should a) label it a meltdown, b) talk about it in the current forum rivalries thread, and c) then ban that person, to make it more like the LOI forum with two new posts per week on it.

I'm thinking of an X factor style contest where people can nominate a few bad posts each day and from 9pm-10pm that night, there is a vote on the most unpopular post resulting in a one day ban for the perpetrator. 

We had a version of this around my way when we were in our early teens. On a Friday after school, everyone got together at the local green and we played a mass game of heads and volleys. The loser had to go home and wasn't allowed go to Wesley disco that night. It was a game with a real edge as that was your weekend totally ruined. Great craic for everyone else though. You can't bate a bit of mob rule to get the blood flowing. 
El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:10pm
Any humorless coont who does not post at least 3 puns a day should be banned, and any whining coont fckin running to the mods at every turn should be named and shamed and fckin ridiculed like the little biatch that he is
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Any humorless coont who does not post at least 3 puns a day should be banned, and any whining coont fckin running to the mods at every turn should be named and shamed and fckin ridiculed like the little biatch that he is

Coming from the biggest keyboard warrior on the forum LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Simpleton 

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Feb 2018 at 1:15pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
Wow look at all them smiley faces well that told me now jump
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:00pm
An X Factor style contest is a great idea and Richie Towell rhymes with Simon Cowell, so that's great as well.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:14pm
If the forum doesnt sort itself out soon I am seriously gonna start talking to the missus again
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

If the forum doesnt sort itself out soon I am seriously gonna start talking to the missus again

LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Think BSM is after using his Mod superpowers in order to prevent you from voting. This is a very serious subject, so maybe give SuperDave a shout and see can you get some class of injunction in order to allow you vote. 

Sure I can't vote in the poll either.

This is a sham and a farce and a sham.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:51am
Its a sham that the Richie Towells puns were removed from last night.
I was very proud of my "being hung out to dry" one

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:33am
I find it really sad the fact it appears some people are offended by puns used on an Internet forum regarding someones name.

Imagine being at the pub with these sad coonts. I’d be home by the time I’ve finished me drink
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:36am
I don't think anyone is offended but as has been said previously, it's the tedium and unoriginal nature of the posts which irk me.

To be honest, I avoid any threat that I know will be riddled with puns but it's unavoidable when lads turn someone's post on skiing or a gripe with their local postman into pun central.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I find it really sad the fact it appears some people are offended by puns used on an Internet forum regarding someones name.

Imagine being at the pub with these sad coonts. I’d be home by the time I’ve finished me drink

I'd be delighted to see the back of you if you were talking over everyone, reusing the same couple of unfunny unoriginal puns and ruining every conversation all evening.  
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I don't think anyone is offended but as has been said previously, it's the tedium and unoriginal nature of the posts which irk me.

To be honest, I avoid any threat that I know will be riddled with puns but it's unavoidable when lads turn someone's post on skiing or a gripe with their local postman into pun central.

What about a vigilante style group who give out beatings to anyone who uses puns online?
Pun-ishment beatings if you like

The Pun IRA or Direct Action Against Puns?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Feb 2018 at 11:44am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:47am

I'd be delighted to see the back of you if you were talking over everyone, reusing the same couple of unfunny unoriginal puns and ruining every conversation all evening.  

Tbh I don’t want even to see the front of you if you’re pissing your pants over a few jokes on an Internet forum when the rest of the forum has serious conversations going on.

Could put a tranquilzer to sleep the craic would be that boring
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:50am

As anybody who has spent more than a few minutes with me will know, I feel puns are a necessary form of conversation, but this constant misuse of the word offended on here is a tad irritating.
It would nearly be impossible for anyone to be offended by them, unless they are half fish, or maybe that towel from South Park.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As anybody who has spent more than a few minutes with me will know, I feel puns are a necessary form of conversation, but this constant misuse of the word offended on here is a tad irritating.
It would nearly be impossible for anyone to be offended by them, unless they are half fish, or maybe that towel from South Park.

Towelie would be too high to care
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic