You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPsot a song you hate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psot a song you hate
    Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:01pm
1: Galway Girl
People who like Galway Girl-(Gazsh)
Mundy for singing it
Anyone who sings it on stage
People who dance to it
People who smile at each other when it's on in acknowledgement that they both like it

etc etc

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 05 Oct 2008 at 1:40pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:02pm
Mundy playing Live at Langan Dinner

I cannot stand that song that son the radio now - "I kissed a girl and i liked it" by some yank bitch. It's absolutely terrible.

Bring back Toto, Duran Duran and even Jimmy Somerville
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:29pm
"I gave her a can and a Cadbury's twirl and that sealed the deal with the Dublin girl"
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 12:41pm
I absolutely love galway girl! Poor form bob
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

I absolutely love galway girl! Poor form bob

don't sit anywhere near me during the diner as your likely to get a fork in the head
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 1:42pm
LOLLOLLOL
No need for violence Bob
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 1:48pm
Went looking for a pic to put in the people you can't abide thread and found this link and I swear the Bulmers ad came on in work, was getting funny looks for screamin in anger 

I want to kill the Galway Girl
Every time I have to listen to this f**king song it makes my ears melt. My toes curl up like sweet wrappers in a fire and I lock myself in a dark wardrobe and hurl myself against the walls shouting 'La la la la la I can't hear you' until it goes away. This skippy-sh*tty-ditty is stealthily trying to take over the world and turn us all into some sort of gormless cider-loving yokels banging around on accordions and tin whistles.

It's all Bulmers fault. The cider company's latest ad, a typically gold-hued effort featuring utopian orchards, summery tones and a bit o' the ould dancin' and a-flirtin' between avuncular apple-pickers and gamey cailíns, uses this on its soundtrack. And now you can't turn on the TV without hearing it, or the radio either because it's having the arse thoroughly worn out of its welcome there as well.

Will you f**k off to hell with your f**king Galway Girl!

It's driving me bonkers. I'm thinking about getting a cat just so I'll have something to kick when it comes on.

I don't even know what the song is about, all I can gather is that some country singer with a really apalling twang - Steve Earle - found himself in Galway some time or other, and managed to find a local looker drunk enough to get past the sheer awfulness of his accent and hop into bed with him. She may well have gagged him, and he may well have liked it. Anyway, when he wakes up, she's obviously seen sense and bolted for the hills, leaving him all wistful and unfortunately, moved to write a song about his one night stand. Oh yes, her hair might have been black and her eyes blue Steve, but it'd be nothing compared to the seven shades of sh*te I'd kick out of you if I ever clapped eyes on you. And I wouldn't just batter you once Steve, no, I'd do it all day-i-ay-i-ay.

Thankfully, experience tells me that Bulmers will launch a new ad soon and the song will change. Their marketing is very clever in that every new campaign tells us that cider is for life, not just for summer, because in winter you can drink it with plentiful ice and look forward to spring that's just around the corner, and when spring arrives you can see the apples starting to grow and look forward to summer, when summer arrives it's like cha-ching folks it's summer out there get some cider down ye, and then autumn is all burnished reds, yellows and golds, so ergo, get some more cider down ye folks. Brilliant stuff.

But Galway girl is a step too far. They've crossed the line from mildly annoying into downright nauseating. I'd damn well drop my pants and piss in their vats if I thought anyone would notice.

Four things I feel like doing when Galway Girl comes on:

1. Taking up a position as the head cleaner of Jabba the Hutt's spitoon

2. Putting on my double-album of Country and Western covers, sung by Professor Stephen Hawking

3. Stripping naked and covering myself in jam and jelly, before agitating a wasps nest with a big stick and a petrol bomb.

4. Re-enact the famous Oliver Reed/Alan Bates Greco-Roman wrestling scene from Women in Love, where I'd take on a Speedos-clad Willie O'Dea in a fight to the death, for the right to face Mary Harney in the final.

Now, is everyone clear about my feelings on this matter?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 1:52pm
Are you trying to say you don't like it Bob?

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 2:06pm
loving you is easy cause you're beautiful
la la la la la
la la la la la
beautiful

HATE THAT FCUKING SONG
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

loving you is easy cause you're beautiful
la la la la la
la la la la la
beautiful

HATE THAT FCUKING SONG

Thanks Roger it helps when there are others who agree
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 2:15pm
well said lads that song is a disgrace to humanity
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 3:08pm
Not a big fan of Galway Girl either, very very overplayed.

I hate a lot of songs and the majority of them are 80's songs Thumbs%20Down
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 7:25pm
I also love 80's songs..journey, the boss, michael jackson billie jean..we built this city on rock and roll..the list in endless..HM you're just too busy listening to bleedin hip hop to appreciate the classics..

bob i presume u hate journey dont stop believin by well do u?

Edited by gazsh - 05 Oct 2008 at 7:26pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 3:17am
Eternal Fookin Flame by the fookin Bangers, or Mangles, or Bangles or whatever the fook they call themselves.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I FOOKIN HATE THAT, and anything by James fookin Runt or Blunt or however fookin way it's spelt.  Awful sh*te.  (Calm down Hoskins, we get the message LOL)
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 3:18am
80's = best decade everCool
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Went looking for a pic to put in the people you can't abide thread and found this link and I swear the Bulmers ad came on in work, was getting funny looks for screamin in anger 

I want to kill the Galway Girl
Every time I have to listen to this f**king song it makes my ears melt. My toes curl up like sweet wrappers in a fire and I lock myself in a dark wardrobe and hurl myself against the walls shouting 'La la la la la I can't hear you' until it goes away. This skippy-sh*tty-ditty is stealthily trying to take over the world and turn us all into some sort of gormless cider-loving yokels banging around on accordions and tin whistles.

It's all Bulmers fault. The cider company's latest ad, a typically gold-hued effort featuring utopian orchards, summery tones and a bit o' the ould dancin' and a-flirtin' between avuncular apple-pickers and gamey cailíns, uses this on its soundtrack. And now you can't turn on the TV without hearing it, or the radio either because it's having the arse thoroughly worn out of its welcome there as well.

Will you f**k off to hell with your f**king Galway Girl!

It's driving me bonkers. I'm thinking about getting a cat just so I'll have something to kick when it comes on.

I don't even know what the song is about, all I can gather is that some country singer with a really apalling twang - Steve Earle - found himself in Galway some time or other, and managed to find a local looker drunk enough to get past the sheer awfulness of his accent and hop into bed with him. She may well have gagged him, and he may well have liked it. Anyway, when he wakes up, she's obviously seen sense and bolted for the hills, leaving him all wistful and unfortunately, moved to write a song about his one night stand. Oh yes, her hair might have been black and her eyes blue Steve, but it'd be nothing compared to the seven shades of sh*te I'd kick out of you if I ever clapped eyes on you. And I wouldn't just batter you once Steve, no, I'd do it all day-i-ay-i-ay.

Thankfully, experience tells me that Bulmers will launch a new ad soon and the song will change. Their marketing is very clever in that every new campaign tells us that cider is for life, not just for summer, because in winter you can drink it with plentiful ice and look forward to spring that's just around the corner, and when spring arrives you can see the apples starting to grow and look forward to summer, when summer arrives it's like cha-ching folks it's summer out there get some cider down ye, and then autumn is all burnished reds, yellows and golds, so ergo, get some more cider down ye folks. Brilliant stuff.

But Galway girl is a step too far. They've crossed the line from mildly annoying into downright nauseating. I'd damn well drop my pants and piss in their vats if I thought anyone would notice.

Four things I feel like doing when Galway Girl comes on:

1. Taking up a position as the head cleaner of Jabba the Hutt's spitoon

2. Putting on my double-album of Country and Western covers, sung by Professor Stephen Hawking

3. Stripping naked and covering myself in jam and jelly, before agitating a wasps nest with a big stick and a petrol bomb.

4. Re-enact the famous Oliver Reed/Alan Bates Greco-Roman wrestling scene from Women in Love, where I'd take on a Speedos-clad Willie O'Dea in a fight to the death, for the right to face Mary Harney in the final.

Now, is everyone clear about my feelings on this matter?

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused weirdo
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 4:30am
Anything sang by that band wet,wet,wet( real scum is marti pellowAngry)

Edited by tirchonaill - 06 Oct 2008 at 4:31am
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 4:58am
Originally posted by tirchonaill tirchonaill wrote:

Anything sang by that band wet,wet,wet( real scum is marti pellowAngry)

why?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic