Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PROUD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROUD
    Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:13pm
Proud of our team, our manager, our country. Massive performance tonight, 3 huge points. Let's get behind Trapattoni and our Boys in Green. So-called bigger nations have come a cropper against Macedonia. We are on our way. 

And while I'm at it . . . a huge round of applause to our captain, our hero, the legend . . . Robbie Keane. 
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Sponsored Links

davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:22pm
It's great stuff to put a bad record in the balkans finally firmly behind up, i think we can really do the business. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:28pm
Poor performance but proud all the same.

My only worry is that Trap would think there isint a need to change the team too much now. If we gave the ball away that much against a decent team we'd be in serious trouble.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:36pm
Well done Tuff, yeah I'm proud tonight.  Given the injuries (real), the injuries (alleged) and the other pathetic pullouts, the fact that it was their first game in a new Stadium, the fact that we had  a totally revamped back 4 (which was admittely very ropey 1st half), the fact that only Holland and Russia have won there in the last 4 years, I am ecstatic tonight.  And very proud.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:41pm
I was delighted to sit down and watch that match. I was even happier to hear the Macedonian crowd start to get edgy after the beginning of the second half.

And congrats to the boys in green that travelled to the Balkans. It can't be easy to make enough noise to be heard in that stadium but they managed it.
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 5:44pm
HugWe heard you all the way back here HugHug
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

Proud of our team, our manager, our country. Massive performance tonight, 3 huge points. Let's get behind Trapattoni and our Boys in Green. So-called bigger nations have come a cropper against Macedonia. We are on our way. 

And while I'm at it . . . a huge round of applause to our captain, our hero, the legend . . . Robbie Keane. 

well summed up TP, nothing to add to that. well done all Clap
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:17pm
Tuff what's the story with James McCarthy??
nero View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:38pm
Tuff 100%
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:55pm
Trap deserves all the praise tonight as he did the best with a bad lot. He kept at the players on the line and made sure they kept their shape.Cool
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:21pm
Proud and now(without trying to jump the gun)getting excited about our chances but all the hard work will be undone if we dont take all the points in what will be a massive game against Slovakia in September.

Thanks Robbie for 51 memories and long may it continue !
Out of order
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Well done Tuff, yeah I'm proud tonight.  Given the injuries (real), the injuries (alleged) and the other pathetic pullouts, the fact that it was their first game in a new Stadium, the fact that we had  a totally revamped back 4 (which was admittely very ropey 1st half), the fact that only Holland and Russia have won there in the last 4 years, I am ecstatic tonight.  And very proud.

Shocked Jesus didn’t know that. That’s an incredible stat. Proud to say the very least.

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 9:06pm
Couldn't be happier with the result and very proud of the lads who played. Have to agree with GTS above though. The result papered over some cracks and a very dodgy back line and I'd be very worried if trap doesnt mix things around for the next game

But we can worry about that come september. Now is the time to be happy and proud of the boys that dug in and got us an absolute massive 3 points last night
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

Trap deserves all the praise tonight as he did the best with a bad lot. He kept at the players on the line and made sure they kept their shape.Cool

ye, lucky ay?
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
steve201 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 12:30pm
great peformance from the likes of kelly and odea in the back, didnt think they had it in them!!
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by steve201 steve201 wrote:

great peformance from the likes of kelly and odea in the back, didnt think they had it in them!!

Kelly & o'Dea were dire
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 2:59pm

Kelly was solid, if unspectacular, and shackled their left winger effectively

O'Dea was much better in the second half, but is at best fourth choice starting centre half.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Poor performance but proud all the same.

My only worry is that Trap would think there isint a need to change the team too much now. If we gave the ball away that much against a decent team we'd be in serious trouble.

Not having a go GTS at all here, but just would like to know in what way do you think it was a poor performance? I mean in my opinion you dont have to dominate a team for 90 mins for it to be a good performance.  We got lucky with the goals and we got them early but who cares? We got the goals we needed and so the rest of the match was about keeping it solid, not taking foolish risks, and closing out the game which I thought we did apart from the penalty which was caused by poor defensive play by O'Dea who played a stupid pass out of defence. I thought O'Dea, Kilbane and O'Shea were poor tbh, but the rest of the lads played quite well I thought. Given, Keane, McGeady, Hunt all did well to be fair and we seemed to pass the ball well I thought and kept the ball which killed their momentum. Its very unusual to go to eastern europe and dominate a team fuelled by passionate fans in a foreign environment. They had given up at 80mins.  I couldnt give a rats ass what Giles and Dunphy say. Nobody predicted a 2-0 win for us. It was a great result and a decent performance. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic