FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPromoted Championship teams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promoted Championship teams
    Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:21am
What would be the best championship sides to get promoted from an Irish point of view?

Probably Stoke & Hull automatically. Then probably Wolves or Ipswich through play off. They both have irish contingent
Sponsored Links

stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 12:56pm
I'd almost hope that none of the teams with a large Irish contingent (i.e. Wolves) get promoted.
The reason i say this is that i honestly believe that the three teams promoted this season will be by far the weakest trio of teams to get promoted in recent years and will all seriously struggle in the premiership.
This sort of thing wouldnt be good for any of our lads morale.

"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by stiofain stiofain wrote:

I'd almost hope that none of the teams with a large Irish contingent (i.e. Wolves) get promoted.
The reason i say this is that i honestly believe that the three teams promoted this season will be by far the weakest trio of teams to get promoted in recent years and will all seriously struggle in the premiership.
This sort of thing wouldnt be good for any of our lads morale.

Good point Stiofain. There's no team in the Championship that will stick it in the Premiership next season unless they buy big in the summer. Sure every single one of the top teams are doing their best to stay in the division next season by the looks of recent results; ie every top team is more than capable of getting beat by one of the strugglers - take last nights result between watford and barnsley ffs!
I'd love to see a few more Irish lads playing in the top flight BUT I dont want to see them come up, get absolutely hockied every week like Derby, and go straight back down.
The likes of Wolves and Ipswich have an awful lot of Irish lads, but there is only 3 or 4 players max, between both of those teams that would do something in the Premiership or at International level for us
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 3:47am
I think WBA have a chance of staying up if promoted..they play good football under Mowbary and have a bit of cash left from a few of their stars their star players they sold last season.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic