New Norwich manager according to SSN

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 4:14am
good move for him

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Tash Kent
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 4:48am

Good luck to Paul Lambert, will do better than the last manager there for sure.

-------------
Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 4:43pm
Pressure got to be building on him if villa don't pull this back. Lerner has sacked (or at least parted ways with) much more successful managers for much less.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 6:06pm
Maybe Lerner has realised that Villa are just f**king sh*te, which may save Lambert his job.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe Lerner has realised that Villa are just f**king sh*te, which may save Lambert his job.

Lambert has signed 17 players in three transfer windows, how many of these would sit in the "success" column? I reckon you would be hard pressed to name six successful signing.

Think that might have something to do with the fact Vlla are "f**king sh*te"

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 6:19pm
They'll get rid of him and then bring in another dull, middle aged, slightly greying manager. Same old dull stuff from Villa.

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 9:52pm
His comments the other day about the Cup were suicidal.

But it would be mad to sack him. They are only in the bottom half on goal difference and in a much better place than last year.

Posted By: Vaux
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

But it would be mad to sack him. They are only in the bottom half on goal difference and in a much better place than last year.

They won't sack him.

Posted By: donegal dave
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Vaux Vaux wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

They won't sack him.

This.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 9:59am
PL got his tactics spot on against the Pool on Saturday night.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 10:00am
he could have turned a corner now

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 9:23am
Villa in talks with Lambert over a new contract.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 4:38pm
Lambert saying theres no grudge between him and mourinho.

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:04am
lot of speculation that PL will be away at the end of the season.

-------------

Posted By: gary rowell
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 3:56pm
Who would take over?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by gary rowell gary rowell wrote:

Who would take over?

Glen Hoddle.

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:11pm
Villa are actually worse off this season than last...not sure a new guy will do any better mind...I think that's about Villa level now.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Villa are actually worse off this season than last...not sure a new guy will do any better mind...I think that's about Villa level now.

Maybe new ownership will sort them?

-------------

Posted By: ftm
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 1:40am
PL leaving Villa?

Posted By: Trap for Pope
Date Posted: 10 May 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by ftm ftm wrote:

PL leaving Villa?

Hopefully. No improvement of note on last year. New owner, new boss, new era

-------------
Living for Away days

Date Posted: 19 May 2014 at 6:42am
Reports today are saying PL's job is safe at Villa.

-------------

Posted By: Wild Rover
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 3:39pm
Is Keano Lambers choice?

-------------
Niall Quinn is god

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2014 at 9:33am
So whats the craic with Keano as assistant?

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:11am

http://www.irishexaminer.com/" rel="nofollow - Home » http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/" rel="nofollow - Sport » http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/" rel="nofollow - Soccer

Paul Lambert urges Aston Villa fans to cancel protest

Friday, January 16, 2015
By Ian Parkes

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has urged frustrated fans to call off a planned protest at the start of tomorrow’s clash at home to Liverpool.

Three unofficial fans’ websites — Villa Blog, My Old Man Said and A Villa Fan — have called on fellow supporters to boycott the opening eight minutes of the Premier League clash with the Reds via an open letter entitled ‘We Want Our Villa Back’.

They claim each minute represents one year for the eight owner Randy Lerner has been in charge as they are fed up at the way the club is being run and the direction it is going.

It is an unsavoury and unsettling build up for Lambert.

“I understand the frustration, and nobody is more frustrated than myself,” said Lambert.

“Everybody involved with Aston Villa is frustrated at what has happened over the last five or six years.

“But I don’t think you can look at the chairman and say it’s one guy’s fault. It’s unfair.

“I understand the fans’ frustrations, but we’ll have a better chance of winning a game of football if they don’t protest, if they stick with the lads, no matter how hard it gets at times.”

Lambert insists he can weather the storm of abuse from the fans.

Asked as to how he felt about calls for him to be sacked, he replied: “It’s not great. I’m human, like everybody else, but I’m also big enough and strong enough mentally to handle it.”

For his part, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been handed a boost after midfielder Adam Lallana returned to training ahead of schedule

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

< id=tinynav1 ="tinynav tinynav1" jQuery1111027254401485886="16">< value=/br/columnists/tony-mcentee/>- Tony McEntee< value=/s/columnists/michael-moynihan/>- Michael Moynihan< value=/s/columnists/brendan-obrien/>- Brendan O'Brien< value=/s/columnists/dara-ocinneide/>- Dara O'Cinneide< value=/s/columnists/ronan-ogara/>- Ronan O'Gara< value=/s/columnists/donal-ogrady/>- Donal O'Grady< value=/s/columnists/derval-orourke/>- Derval O'Rourke< value=/s/columnists/seamus-otuama/>- Seamus

O'Tuama< value=/s/columnists/donal-og-cusack/>- Donal Og Cusack< value=/s/columnists/john-riordan/>- John Riordan< value=/s/columnists/larry-ryan/>- Larry Ryan< value=/s/columnists/kieran-shannon/>- Kieran Shannon< value=/s/columnists/david-shonfield/>- David Shonfield< value=/s/columnists/ray-silke/>- Ray Silke< value=/s/columnists/ruby-walsh/>- Ruby Walsh< value=/s/blog/>Blog< value=/s/podcast/>Podcast< ed value=/s/results/>Results

Yep i agree with that also DM , well i think so anyway Big smile

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 7:17am

[/QUOTE] Yep i agree with that also DM , well i think so anyway Big smile[/QUOTE] 

You just can't get the staff.
Big smileEmbarrassedBig smile

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 10:07am

Paul Lambert has his head in the sand if he thinks Aston Villa fans expect too much
Paul Lambert has suggested Aston Villa fans expect too much

Football fans, all of us, have at times a tendency to be knee-jerk, irrational and short-termist creatures.

We all have a passion for our clubs, but too often we lack the patience to see beyond the next fixture, or understand the day-to-day crises affecting a dressing room.

However, we are a voice to be reckoned with, and our mood swings a factor to be considered by clubs – even if we’re not quite as influential with chairmen and owners as we like to think.

Paul Lambert, whose stock with Aston Villa fans could barely be lower right now, hammered a nail in his own coffin this week when he dared question supporters’ demands.

‘The expectancy levels outweigh the realism,’ he said, reflecting on the ‘Lambert out’ chants that broke out during the 1-0 defeat to Leicester.

In one sense, he’s right. Those who believe we’re only a change of manager away from returning to the top six are overestimating Randy Lerner’s ability to attract a successor of sufficient quality willing to work under the demotivated owner’s austerity drive.

But don’t kid yourself, Paul. Whatever pressures you’re under, whatever constraints your working to, it isn’t too much to expect more than two goals from the last seven games – and more than 11 from the first 21 league matches.

The apathy which started in the boardroom long since crept on to the pitch. Villa are now universally regarded as the most tedious club in the Premier League. We should expect more than that, Paul.

Paul Lambert has his head in the sand if he thinks Aston Villa fans expect too much
Christian Benteke’s strike against Manchester United was Aston Villa’s last Premier League goal

I have every sympathy with many of Lambert’s complaints. He’s had to fight fires throughout his tenure and produce top-flight football on a shoestring budget, while watching the likes of Leicester spend £9m-plus on a striker.

Every time he’s encountered an issue on the pitch, he’s solved it. But in doing so, he’s often created a different problem.

Since we stopped conceding goals, we now can’t score at the other end. Where once we used to see very little of the ball but occasionally pinched victories on the break, we now dominate possession but can’t hurt teams.

For many, Lambert is a problem in himself, solved only by a swiftly-delivered P45.

And thanks to a string of performances lacking any personality, verve and imagination, he’s lost many of those who had stayed patient during the darkest of times, who understood the limitations of the budget and playing squad.

Lambert’s ‘better the devil you know’ warning just won’t wash right now.

For managers, football is strictly a results business. Entertainment won’t necessarily keep their team in the league (Ian Holloway’s Blackpool and Roberto Martinez’s Wigan discovered that) nor them in their job.

But supporters who spend a large chunk of their pay packet to watch dreary football every week can’t be told they expect too much. If anything, our expectations of this Villa side could not be lower.

In actual fact, Paul, it’s the reality that’s not living up to expectations.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 10:56am
What sort of percentage of Villa fans want Lambert out?

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:21am
I think he is right though. There are huge problems at Villa, you could resurrect Clough, Busby, big Jock and Shankly and they would still be there

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think he is right though. There are huge problems at Villa, you could resurrect Clough, Busby, big Jock and Shankly and they would still be there

I thought Lerner would have got a buyer by now.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:48pm
Everything needs rejuvenating at the club. Everything from the ground, the fans, the manager, the jersey colour and the City screams of deadsville.

You can see why Randy Lerner is struggling to get rid of it. Unless you can relocate the team or rebrand it, they are focked.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Everything needs rejuvenating at the club. Everything from the ground, the fans, the manager, the jersey colour and the City screams of deadsville.

You can see why Randy Lerner is struggling to get rid of it. Unless you can relocate the team or rebrand it, they are focked.

LOL
Embarrassed

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Big smileShockedBig smile

-------------

Posted By: Locke
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:50pm
I've said it before as well....Birmingham is a bit of a sh*t hole. No one is going to be looking at buying that club.
Best thing that could happen villa is a relagation...start competing to win a league again..crowds might come back.
Villa are in the same boat as Sunderland, Burnley and Hull they add nothing to the league and won't be missed if they go down.

-------------
Ivan Locke: "I'm not going to turn back. I have made my decision."

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:54pm
Ya you need teams from beautiful places like Tottenham, Stoke and Leicester

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

I've said it before as well....Birmingham is a bit of a sh*t hole. No one is going to be looking at buying that club.
Best thing that could happen villa is a relagation...start competing to win a league again..crowds might come back.
Villa are in the same boat as Sunderland, Burnley and Hull they add nothing to the league and won't be missed if they go down.
I have two words for you Lockey and the last word is off , you work it out Angry

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:00pm
you're worse for replying Murph!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

I have two words for you Lockey and the last word is off , you work it out Angry

What ffs.
You can sit down and watch Everton,Southampton,Swansea and even Newcastle and be entertained.
You turn on Villla vs Leicester and you may lose your faith in humanity.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:12pm
Burnley have been a breath of fresh air this season.
Most epl games this season could fall into the category you described

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:18pm

Villa where a breath of fresh air for the first few games as well....it levels out.
Villa are a dead end club...won't invest ...won't go down... won't do anything of note.

-------------

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:19pm

Ya you need teams from beautiful places like Tottenham, Stoke and Leicester

There are very few addresses of premier league clubs that are attractive areas to live ...Manchester ( Salford =kip ) not sure what City location is like .
Liverpool is nothing short of a kip 
Birmingham =kip
Newcastle = not bad but miles from anywhere = isolated

Chelsea is the only premier league team in a nice area as far as i can see

and of course when fulham were up ...after that ....no team can be singindg about the local beatties  or virtues of the location of their club.

Southampton is not bad either 

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:23pm
Which was the point I was making BB.
Can't see anyone from the lake district being in the epl anytime soon

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:26pm

Yeah, i particularly loved their free flowing football in their opening seven games which yielded 1 goal

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:27pm
Newcastle is isolated? It's bang in the city center and you can get a direct train to the Stadium from anywhere in the country or you can fly there for which is probably cheaper. Sunderland is the exact same but you have to change off at Newcastle.

Any of the midlands clubs is horrible, I'd put Stoke down there aswell

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Newcastle is isolated? It's bang in the city center and you can get a direct train to the Stadium from anywhere in the country or you can fly there for which is probably cheaper. Sunderland is the exact same but you have to change off at Newcastle.

I think Newcaste ( the Northeast ) is pretty isolated ( as is Sunderland of course) ....if you are talking about attracting players  .....it's not going to be for non-football reasons

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

I think Newcaste ( the Northeast ) is pretty isolated ( as is Sunderland of course) ....if you are talking about attracting players  .....it's not going to be for non-football reasons

Boro never had a problem back in the Bryan Robson days. As long as the price is right....................

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, i particularly loved their free flowing football in their opening seven games which yielded 1 goal

I saw a couple of them and loved their commitment and honesty. If you just watch for goals maybe you should watch Olympic handball. Seems to be about fifty a match

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:14pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I saw a couple of them and loved their commitment and honesty. If you just watch for goals maybe you should watch Olympic handball. Seems to be about fifty a match

Thats just daft
6 games without a goal is hardly a breath of fresh air though. 

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:17pm
Honesty and commitment was though. So many games and players are mercenaries now, especially in EPL. A pleasure to watch a team like them

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:20pm

Honesty and commitment was though. So many games and players are mercenaries now, especially in EPL. A pleasure to watch a team like them

Right enough no 'divers' in the Burnley team. Cool

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:29pm
I actually like Sean Dyche alot. He's very level-headed and never goes about blowing his own trumpet whenever there's a bad decision or they have a good result.

And he looks alot like Stone Cold Steve Austin which is a major plus.

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:43pm

I actually like Sean Dyche alot. He's very level-headed and never goes about blowing his own trumpet whenever there's a bad decision or they have a good result.

And he looks alot like Stone Cold Steve Austin which is a major plus.

Sounds like him too. He's definitely earned his place on the "Give that man a lozenge" list alongside Martin Jol.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 8:17pm
It's been a learning curve for the Clarets they are getting better and now scoring goals but letting them in also . Great times to be a Claret as we are such a massive club LOL, look who cares if more people watch Man Yoooooo at Old Trafford then the amount of people that live in Burnley, the fans are living the dream . 
Hey everyone loves an underdog we have the worse paid players in the Prem , most said we would be relagated by Christmas and end up with the lowest points ever in the Prem Big smile

Boy you just can't be right all the time i reckon .

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:32am

Paul Lambert admitted his players threw in the towel after Aston Villa set an unwanted piece of club history.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/aston-villa-fc" rel="nofollow - Villa have now gone 10 hours and 12 minutes without scoring - the first time they have failed to score in six consecutive League games in their 141-year history - after the http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/arsenal-5-0-aston-villa-smiles-5083902" rel="nofollow - 5-0 reverse to Arsenal on Sunday.

-------------

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 7:57pm
Gone.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 7:59pm
yes just saw that on the ticker for Chelsea match

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:00pm
Long overdue

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:01pm
Big club would never expect them to have let it get this bad , long overdue ! Roy must have smelled a rat !

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:02pm
About time. Cue all the ex-pros to hand out the usual phrases of "Madness" or "Very strange timing"

Posted By: dundon13
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:14pm
Long overdue, has done nothing to improve the club, I suppose Tim Sherwood will be favorite for this job aswell.

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 8:26pm
Harry just leaving the Villa Car park ,stopped and did his usual window interviewLOL

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Posted By: Amby Fogarty
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 9:22am
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Harry just leaving the Villa Car park ,stopped and did his usual window interviewLOL

He will have to cancel his knee operations and what about his dogs.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:21am
How much of a pay off will PL get from Villa given that he only signed a new four year contract in September?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:34am
1year compensation for the sacking DM

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 11:49am
not getting the 10million i read about??

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

not getting the 10million i read about??

His new contract stated if it was terminated early he would get a maximum of 1years salary as a result.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:49pm
New Blackburn gaffer

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

New Blackburn gaffer
Really what a dope to take that job LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:43am
PL being linked with the St Mirren managers job.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:22am

Lambert being linked with the Ipswich job.

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:48am

The ipswich job is a difficult one to take on, trying to follow in the footsteps of big Mick wont be easy, similar to those who succeeded sir alex at united

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

The ipswich job is a difficult one to take on, trying to follow in the footsteps of big Mick wont be easy, similar to those who succeeded sir alex at united

Exactly I wonder if the Ipswich fans regret giving Mick a hard time now!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:57am

A town full of inbreds,deluded beyond belief!

-------------

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:01am

So like Cork then  

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:03am
LOL

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:04am
LOL

Posted By: Trap junior
LOL

Imagine the deflating feeling of being a fan and having Paul Lambert named as manager.  

I can see 2009 "welcome Irish International manager Paul Lambert"

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
We once got arrested in Stowmarket after we had watched Sunderland play at Ipswich many years ago.

We were sleeping in the car and at about 3.00 am and were woken up by a PO shining a torch into the car window. There were  two of us asleep in the front of the car and were not drivers and my mate in the back who was the driver was also asleep.

He was charged with being drunk in charge of a car.

The case never went to court and was thrown out once we got a decent solicitor on the case when we got back to Sunderland.

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

So like Cork then  
ClapClapClap

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:32am

We once got arrested in Stowmarket after we had watched Sunderland play at Ipswich many years ago.

We were sleeping in the car and at about 3.00 am and were woken up by a PO shining a torch into the car window. There were  two of us asleep in the front of the car and were not drivers and my mate in the back who was the driver was also asleep.

The case never went to court and was thrown out once we got a decent solicitor on the case when we got back to Sunderland.
Nice town though.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:39am

Nice town though.

It certainly was and the Abbott's ale had a kick to it!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:45am

Nice town though.

It certainly was and the Abbott's ale had a kick to it!
I am not a fan of Greene King beer at all, apart from the mild.

-------------

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:06am

After the rot Mick caused is there anyone  that is mad enough to touch it? Mick should be done for gross negligence for the job he did at Ipswich  

Date Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:09am
Keeping them in midtable on a League One budget? They should build a statue of him at Portman Road.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 10:53am
Lambert confirmed as the new Ipswich manager.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:26pm

Lambert confirmed as the new Ipswich manager.
Agent Lambert again , his mission is to take Ipswich down ................ the post if will be toast in 5 seconds .... 
A man on a mission LOL

-------------

Posted By: ErsatzThistle
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 9:33pm
As long as it keeps him well away from the Scotland job Thumbs Up

Lambert had everything set up nicely for himself at Norwich several years ago too. The fans loved him, he had built a half decent team and they were getting respectable results most weeks. 

But he had to get greedy and threw it all away to join the Villa soap opera.

He's forty nine and already managed quite a few clubs:

2005/06 - Livingston
2006/08 -Wycombe 
2008/09 - Colchester 
2009/12 - Norwich 
2012/15 - Aston Villa
2015/16 - Blackburn 
2016/17 - Wolves
2018 - Stoke 
2018 – Ipswich 

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 2:54am
He's near fcuked before he even starts. As an Ex-Norwich manager, more than half of the Ipswich fans hate him already, a couple of losses or even draws will persuade the rest of them to hate him too. Very hard to see them staying out of bottom 3 no matter who the manager is. 

Mick will be vilified by whatever shenanigans take place between this & end of season, his sacking, Hurst's appointment & Lambert's appointment all the result of a deluded fanbase convinced of a status they aren't capable of achieving with the budget Marcus Evans provides. Unless Lambert is capable of something none of us have seen since his Wycombe & Norwich days (not today nor yesterday)they are a cast iron certainty, or as close as they can be to one, to be an L1 team next season. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
A bit harsh on Hurst there. The man did an incredible job at Grimsby and Shrewsbury, thought he got his big opportunity at Ipswich when, in reality, he had a League One budget to keep up a team with fans thinking of a challenge.
I would expect him to be back in the Championship before Ipswich are. They are absolute certainties to go down now. I also expect Lambert to be sacked before Easter.

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

He's near fcuked before he even starts. As an Ex-Norwich manager, more than half of the Ipswich fans hate him already, a couple of losses or even draws will persuade the rest of them to hate him too. Very hard to see them staying out of bottom 3 no matter who the manager is. 

Mick will be vilified by whatever shenanigans take place between this & end of season, his sacking, Hurst's appointment & Lambert's appointment all the result of a deluded fanbase convinced of a status they aren't capable of achieving with the budget Marcus Evans provides. Unless Lambert is capable of something none of us have seen since his Wycombe & Norwich days (not today nor yesterday)they are a cast iron certainty, or as close as they can be to one, to be an L1 team next season. 

Surely you mean vindicated rather than vilified? I mean, if they collapse and are a shambles between now and the end of the season, surely that will show Mick in a good light? That seems to be what you are saying, anyway.

-------------

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 3:09pm
feel for hurst to be honest

they got rid of 3 decent championship strikers in Waghorn, McGoldrick and Garner and didnt replace them

need a QPR style loan window to save themselves or even have a chance. 

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

LOL

Imagine the deflating feeling of being a fan and having Paul Lambert named as manager.  

I can see 2009 "welcome Irish International manager Paul Lambert"
Tell me about it. But do you mean 2019?

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 6:52am
Lambert given a vote of confidence by Marcus Evans despite the Tractor Boys relegation being confirmed at the weekend.

He has a contract till 2021.

-------------

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 2:36pm

Lambert given a vote of confidence by Marcus Evans despite the Tractor Boys relegation being confirmed at the weekend.

He has a contract till 2021.
Normally a VOC doesn't mean jack.

But I reckon ME will stick with Lambert, at least until he sees how next season is going (and we're nearer 2021!), since the fans are still solidly behind him.

If nothing else, it would save on another compo package when ITFC are having to cope with the financial pains of relegation.

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:06pm
Paul Lambert has left Ipswich by mutual consent with the takeover of the club expected soon.

-------------

Posted By: Territorial
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:41pm

Paul Lambert has left Ipswich by mutual consent with the takeover of the club expected soon.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-manager-latest-paul-lambert-odds-tumble-after-ipswich-town-departure-3149804" rel="nofollow - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-manager-latest-paul-lambert-odds-tumble-after-ipswich-town-departure-3149804

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net