Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=9599
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 12:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Joey Barton @ it again
Posted By: Double Maxim
Subject: Joey Barton @ it again
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:02am
Angry Joey Bartons bust up with Chris Hughton.

Thats all. Angry

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Replies:
Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:03am
ffs any chance of a link with these one line topics u post up?

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

ffs any chance of a link with these one line topics u post up?

Its difficult to get a link from the radio. Big%20smile

-------------

Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:15am
Joey Barton is a legend. Football needs more characters

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

But the YBIG doesn't need you. Clap

-------------

Posted By: SYLT
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:22am
Originally posted by SYLT SYLT wrote:

+1

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:34am
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=666226&cc=5739 - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=666226&cc=5739

Hughton shrugs off Barton bust-up claims

Newcastle United caretaker manager Chris Hughton refused to discuss reports of a training-ground bust-up involving Joey Barton after he was left on the bench for Saturday's 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion.

The controversial midfielder is alleged to have been involved in a spat with Argentinian team-mates Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini, in which Hughton became involved, before walking out of training.

Barton did come off the bench late on in the Magpies' Coca-Cola Championship opener at The Hawthorns, in which Damien Duff earned a point by cancelling out Shelton Martis' first-half effort.

And Hughton said: "Joey was part of the squad that travelled with us. There are decisions that have to be made, my decision was to go with two big lads up front for tactical reasons."

Asked how Barton took the decision to be named among the substitutes, he replied: "He took it the same as everybody, everybody wants to play. He was disappointed but that's the decision I made."

Young reserve goalkeeper Tim Krul proved the unlikely hero with a string of second-half saves after first choice Steve Harper received a blow to the head trying to prevent Martis' goal.

Hughton said of the 21-year-old Dutchman: "He was certainly busier than what we would have liked him to be but I thought he was excellent. In particular I thought two saves that he made were absolutely top class.

"We always knew it was going to be very tough. For us to come here and get a draw, it's a good point."

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 11:35am
Joey Barton fighting? No way! Sleepy

-------------

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 1:26pm
Pillar of society is Joey........always getting stitched up and victimised.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 2:32pm
He's just so misunderstood LOL

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 2:25am
sl*gs of his team mates in todays Sun according to TalkSport just then. Alan Brazil said that he would have got filled in in his time.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 3:40pm
whats he up to lately?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 3:41pm
Playing with Newcastle.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Playing with Newcastle.

is he still not banished from the toon?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 3:44pm

i thought you were joking. No, he's not banished, he's playing first team as far as i know unless he's done something within the last week or so...

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 4:19pm
Count = Clown

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 4:29am
i like barton Thumbs%20Up

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 4:43am
barton doesnt give a f**k if he wasnt a footballer hed be a rock star scummy c u n t all the same

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 4:47am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i like barton Thumbs%20Up

So do I Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 7:28am

He's out for at least 8 weeks, has to get an operation on his foot apparently.........

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:10pm
Not a great day for poor Joey

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Not a great day for poor Joey

LOL

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:13pm
Joey = Genius 

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Joey = Genius 
Hans me oul flower what's the secret of been able to post on here and not show up on the active user's list, how many profiles are you currently posting under ?

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:20pm
I've no idea. I never look at the active users list! Why would I post under another username, I spend too much time on here under one username as it is!!

Why do you think I've other usernames Inspector Daithi?

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:27pm

I've no idea. I never look at the active users list! Why would I post under another username, I spend too much time on here under one username as it is!!

Curious is all, and bored and always wonder why lads have multiple profiles,i find it funny that some posters actually have rows with themselves on here to cover up their real identities, and then also back up themselves in arguments LOL

p.s any of you MODS care to explain why an active user online does not show up

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Curious is all, and bored and always wonder why lads have multiple profiles,i find it funny that some posters actually have rows with themselves on here to cover up their real identities, and then also back up themselves in arguments LOL

That doesn't happen ,does it ?LOL

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm

If I had more than one profile on here, I'd probably end up arguing with myself!!

There is loads on here with multiple profiles - you can tell by their writing style in most instances.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 6:52pm

If I had more than one profile on here, I'd probably end up arguing with myself!!

There is loads on here with multiple profiles - you can tell by their writing style in most instances.
Most of them are really poor attempts too not even the slightest bit funny which is disappointing 

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Was wondering this myself

Name and shame these offenders Daithi.

You can choose not to show up online that's probably what Hans does, running from SA when he logs on

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 7:47pm
I did see one poster ask a question, then answer it himself in the next post - he obviously forgot to change over his profile

-------------
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 8:45pm
Name and shame these clowns Daithi.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Was wondering this myself

Name and shame these offenders Daithi.

You can choose not to show up online that's probably what Hans does, running from SA when he logs on

LOL LOL LOL ah ya, now ye have me sussed Wink

Tbh, I've no idea why my name wouldn't pop up when I'm online, maybe it's something to do with the settings when you register is it? It's just one of lifes mysteries I guess.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 6:00am

Joey Barton blames Harry Redknapp as QPR battle to avoid the drop 

Joey Barton today claimed Harry Redknapp will be to blame if QPR are relegated from the top flight.

Defeat against Everton yesterday left Rangers four points from safety with eight games remaining and skipper Barton says the former  manager’s transfer business and poor pre-season planning has left them facing the drop.

A spirited display counted for nothing after Aaron Lennon’s 77th-minute strike gave Everton a 2-1 win, leaving Chris Ramsey with six defeats from seven matches since taking over from Redknapp, who left last month saying he needed knee surgery.

Barton believes the club are still suffering from Redknapp’s reign.

QPR had a hastily arranged pre-season, in which they travelled to Germany and Ireland to play modest opposition. Redknapp made eight summer signings and allowed 15 players to leave. He spent a great deal of time drilling the squad in a 3-5-2 system they quickly abandoned once the campaign got under way. Barton is refusing to give up hope but was typically forthright when assessing where things have gone wrong. 

He said: “It is difficult for me to get away from the blatantly obvious facts. Those facts being, realistically, statistically, we are the worst team in the league. Finishing fourth in the Championship last season, scraping up via the play-offs says that.”

Although he does not mention Redknapp by name, it is clear to whom Barton is referring when he adds: “So the thing that you have got to do in between getting promoted and getting back to the Premier League is have an incredible pre-season and recruit really well.

“You would have to look at that and make a decision on that. Then the next recruitment window is key. Again, you have to look at that window and say, ‘have we given ourselves the maximum opportunity?’ Because everybody put a shift in against Everton and we have come up short.

“It is key in football. For all the effort, sometimes you come up short. The fact we are in with a puncher’s chance after, without wanting to name names, being privy to a lot of the things that go on at this club which people don’t really know about or only hear rumours on the grapevine about, is a minor miracle.

“It would have been great to win because that would have put us right back in the pack with other teams. It would have given us a viable route of one win and you are out of the bottom three. That’s not the case. But we have got that puncher’s chance.

“We have got to play the sides around us — West Brom, Aston Villa — and if you don’t get results against those teams, if you don’t start picking up results on the road… you can’t win one away game all season. The side in the table nearest to us has got seven points away from home and we have got three. If you add those four points on we are out of the bottom three or certainly pushing Sunderland quite close. You get what you put in in this League. This League doesn’t lie.

“We are looking around that dressing room and you can’t fault people. They have given everything. If they are not good enough, that is a recruitment issue. That is not players not putting it in. For me, as a player, all you can ask of your team-mates is to put a shift in.”

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 3:28pm

Joey Barton has urged Stan Collymore to end his campaign against Twitter and call time on his war with internet trolls.

The 42-year-old has been on a media offensive this morning, appearing on BBC Merseyside, BBC WM, Sky News, Channel 4 and ITV News to discuss racial abuse and death threats he’s received from users of the popular social network.

-------------

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:10pm
Collymore and Rio F having words on Twitter
Coolly more twice tweeting Saoirse🍀

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 1:30pm

Joey Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England

QPR midfielder Joey Barton claims that whilst he only notched one cap for England he would have won 100 caps for his country if he was Northern Irish, Welsh or Scottish. 

-------------

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 5:39pm

Joey Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England

QPR midfielder Joey Barton claims that whilst he only notched one cap for England he would have won 100 caps for his country if he was Northern Irish, Welsh or Scottish. 

Doedn't mention all the games he would have missed through suspension. Embarrassed

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 4:36pm
According to Joey.

The cigar incident

Warts and all, here’s what happened

We were all out a Manchester City Christmas party. We’d been out since midday on the lash and things were going pretty well. Being daft young lads, we were all burning little holes in each other’s costumes. I think Robbie Fowler started it. Then everyone started having a go.

But it was all just a laugh. I don’t remember doing it, but I must have set fire to Jamie’s costume at one point, because later on in the evening he started getting a little bit aggressive with me and trying to wind me up. It’s a bit of a ritual at those kind of dos that everyone has to get up and sing a song. So when his turn came around, he got up and started singing a song about how much he hated scousers and kind of aiming it at me. He was in the reserves at the time, and all the first team players told him to shut up and stop acting like a dick.

A few hours later, we’ve all gone back to the hotel and changed into our normal clothes, and I was sat on a table with Danny Mills and Bradley Wright-Phillips having a quiet drink. The next thing I remember is thinking, “f**king hell, what’s that?”

I looked round and the bottom six inches of my shirt were on fire

I looked round and the bottom six inches of my shirt were on fire. I had to take the whole shirt off and stamp the fire out. And Tandy was stood a few feet away from me, looking away from me with a big grin on his face. You know that ‘it was me, but it wasn’t me’ look? Everyone knew it was him. I’ll be completely honest here; I went to grab something to smack him with. I was a bit pissed and he’d just tried to set me on fire. There was an ashtray on the table. Thankfully that was attached to the table. So I grabbed Danny Mills’ cigar that was in it the ashtray and went to stub it out on the back of his neck.

But he clocked that something was going on, and turned around to see what was happening and I got him on the eyelid. It’s bad I know, I was drunk and angry after the f**king idiot had set my shirt on fire. He went off to the gents with his brother to take care of it.

I was really worried

Then I spoke to Sylvain Distin, who was the club captain at the time, explained what had happened and we went to find him in the toilet and see if he was alright. I was really worried. I didn’t want to blind the stupid f**ker. As me and Sylvain were walking over to the gents, his brother came flying out of the toilet and tried to hit me, then Jamie came flying out too. It was a bit mental for a few minutes. But the boys separated it and we all went our own ways home.

He went out on loan to Scandinavia

The next time I went into training I tried to speak to him and explain that the best thing we could do was play the whole thing down: just say it was a daft drunken understanding. I wouldn’t make a big deal of him setting me on fire, if he played down the injury to his eye. I tried to explain that I was in the first team and that things would go my way: that’s how football works – they protect their most valuable investments. He wouldn’t have any of it though, and went to the papers for a few quid. We both got fined. He went out on loan to Scandinavia, I think. And his career kinda tailed off after that.

Date Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:18am

QPR midfielder Joey Barton, 32, seemed to enjoy Lionel Messi's second goal for Barcelona in their Champions League semi-final first-leg win over Bayern Munich. "Can't believe some people actually think Cristiano is better," he wrote on https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton" rel="nofollow - Twitter.  "The man is playing a different game from everyone else. That's two World Cup winners he's just sent for the papers."

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:29am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075717/Queens-Park-Rangers-midfielder-Joey-Barton-hits-two-bad-eggs-Premier-League-relegation-confirmed.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PVpQVYuoF-us7AafmIOACg&ved=0CDgQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNFl5aL_YzJcpEQbenibwtvwzkIS3g" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton hits out at 'two bad eggs' in the Queens Park Rangers dressing room before Premier League relegation is ...
-

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:04am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075717/Queens-Park-Rangers-midfielder-Joey-Barton-hits-two-bad-eggs-Premier-League-relegation-confirmed.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PVpQVYuoF-us7AafmIOACg&ved=0CDgQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNFl5aL_YzJcpEQbenibwtvwzkIS3g" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton hits out at 'two bad eggs' in the Queens Park Rangers dressing room before Premier League relegation is ...
-

And of course nobody could ever accuse Barton of being a bad egg. Embarrassed

Posted By: Dear Old Roker
Date Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

[URL=http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075717/Queens-Park-Rangers-midfielder-Joey-Barton-hits-two-bad-eggs-Premier-League-relegation-confirmed.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PVpQVYuoF-us7AafmIOACg&ved=0CDgQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNFl5aL_YzJcpEQbenibwtvwzkIS3g" rel="nofollow]Joey Barton hits out at 'two bad eggs' in the Queens Park Rangers dressing room before Premier League relegation is ...[/URL]
<DIV style="PADDING-TOP: 2px"><SPAN ="f">-</SPAN>

And of course nobody could ever accuse Barton of being a bad egg. Embarrassed

The mans a total ****.

-------------
The Roker Roar will never die

Date Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:25am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-relegated-joey-barton-9233966&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=XyNUVeK6AYy07gbZ4YDYAw&ved=0CBcQqQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHUW2Ne8wbXp7ffc9Ee_ca2ML036w" rel="nofollow - Birmingham City: Relegated Joey Barton is put in his place by popular Bluenose
Birmingham Mail

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:02am

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/773436802?-25951:14344" rel="nofollow - QPR director of football Les Ferdinand will ban players from Twitter next...

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:09am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://talksport.com/football/barcelona-will-be-touch-fans-mock-joey-barton-after-his-release-queens-park-rangers&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=z5RmVfSyIIOC7gaX9YA4&ved=0CBsQqQIwAg&usg=AFQjCNHH0s5PEc7EJCx2jwOX3N75NeoM2g" rel="nofollow - 'Barcelona will be in touch' – Fans mock Joey Barton after his release from Queens Park Rangers

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 5:18am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/06/leeds-united-and-west-bromwich-albion-target-joey-barton-shows-h/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=v8VzVYnPCoH2UurEgfAH&ved=0CBQQqQIoADAA&usg=AFQjCNGi5yAF8xdRtFw9fZ0ab9fNY9wgKA" rel="nofollow - Leeds United and West Bromwich Albion target Joey Barton shows ...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 5:20am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/copa-america/joey-barton-makes-the-most-the-chance-mock-neymar-4286578&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=VZiDVfj4GuW8ygOF9rvIBw&ved=0CDcQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNEzejXW0EQeIXz_VbcmQp-LiKA5jw" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton makes the most of the chance to mock Neymar on Twitter

-------------

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 12:23pm
leeds apparently have offered him a contract but it doesn't look likely at the minute

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 12:25pm
Perfect match

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:33pm

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Perfect match

would love him at Leeds (and that's fair comment I guess!!)

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2015/06/is-controversial-midfielder-worth-the-risk-to-leeds/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=7wOIVdWVEMHcUYvygNgB&ved=0CBkQqQIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGKKDc6zxtURtEIb93bc16vXxYxUw" rel="nofollow - Is controversial midfielder worth the risk to Leeds?
The Scratching Shed -

-------------

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Perfect match

Hate to tell you he's holding out for the Liverpool contract offer Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Perfect match

surprised at that - leeds a much bigger club

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 12:37pm

Perfect match

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2015 at 12:50pm

Perfect match

100% agree but think he wants that hero's return to his home city that only the scouse support can give him

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 5:30am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3139640/Former-QPR-midfielder-Joey-Baron-claims-England-destined-fail-culture-football-rotten-bottom.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=NNWMVYzzHpKp7AbOsZzgCw&ved=0CDcQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNGu8fSgqHh6t2NwYeCbOwjJ4mH05w" rel="nofollow - Former QPR midfielder Joey Barton claims England are destined to fail because culture in football here is 'rotten from ...

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 11:29pm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/780358962?-25951:14344:0" rel="nofollow - Watford And Leeds United Backed To Battle It Out To Sign Released...

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 7:54pm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/781457049?-25951:14344:0" rel="nofollow - Forget Barton: Leeds Trying To Sign Arsenal Youth Product

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 9:02pm
Did the half time draw at Wigan V Leeds in't Super League

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

As guest of Kris Radlinski of Wigan, cracking match, you watching too??

He's still signing for Liverpool

-------------

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

As guest of Kris Radlinski of Wigan, cracking match, you watching too??

He's still signing for Liverpool

Triffic game

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 6:34am

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/781229957?-25951:14344:0" rel="nofollow - Leeds target in shock Birmingham move?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 6:44am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-respond-john-9760665&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0CBwQqQIwAWoVChMIj6ulzJaHxwIVySnbCh3vvAvn&usg=AFQjCNHUzKmJJxprMjbj4sA-ib6Y1sElRg" rel="nofollow - Aston Villa fans respond to John Gregory's 'sign Joey Barton' suggestion - some even agreed!
Birmingham Mail

-------------

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 10:22am
He'd be a good signing for them

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2015 at 5:38am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/02/joey-barton-jokes-about-needing-a-club-and-leeds-fans-respond/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0CBsQqQIwAmoVChMIuuO4tY-RxwIVYSvbCh0N8gd3&usg=AFQjCNH8vnUAzuvct8FO_5oLuTEDKUSuGQ" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton jokes about needing a club and Leeds United fans respond

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 11:31am
Has said he'd rather retire then join league of Ireland

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 5:37am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11794373/Joey-Barton-close-to-West-Ham-deal-despite-David-Gold-saying-he-has-a-problem-and-should-seek-help.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0CCAQqQIwA2oVChMI3N-3spqgxwIVBokaCh2qUQal&usg=AFQjCNG8bAJzllIIMkpPl8P7FXjz2K4lXA" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton close to West Ham deal despite David Gold saying he 'has a problem and should seek help'
Telegraph

-------------

Posted By: irish boogie
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 9:48am
Bad move he is not worth the trouble he brings , hope it doesn't happen

-------------
Thank You Torun and Tyskie

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 5:53pm

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/787270061?-260:828:0" rel="nofollow - Derby County: Odds on Joey Barton joining Rams tumble after West... Derby Telegraph

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 4:58am

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/787257313?-276:790:0" rel="nofollow - What now for Joey Barton? Watford favourites to sign free agent

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 8:28pm

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34045028&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0CBcQqQIwAGoVChMIt4Tp8bnCxwIVQlsUCh1UGwv7&usg=AFQjCNHiFLzCSoO1rS4U85OQVyTDeEXjVw" rel="nofollow - Rotherham United: Club 'couldn't afford Joey Barton's petrol'
BBC Sport -

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 5:47am

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/joey-barton-says-hes-delighted-6335865&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ved=0CBkQqQIwAWoVChMIt66Ql77NxwIVhELbCh2lkwHN&usg=AFQjCNFGtlbx0hyjeF7KU3MJ-yZDA23kbg" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton says he's "delighted" to sign for Burnley - his previous tweets suggest otherwise

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 6:18am

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/790370604?-919:978:0" rel="nofollow - Barton: People think I'm like Fred West or Charles Manson... but

-------------

Posted By: Bohsfan84
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:20pm
Let's remember the real Joey Barton and not the carefully cultivated new Joey Barton.

The Times 
Barton lunged at Dunne . . . there was blood everywhere' 
By James Ducker 

Fan’s taunts spark brawl 
Culprit fined and sent home 
Team-mate hurt kicking wall 

IT WAS a typically humid evening in Bangkok as the Manchester City players and management staff headed out for a team meal at Baan Kanittha, a plush Thai restaurant. Danny Mills and Stephen Jordan were in particularly high spirits after spending the day on the island of Phuket coaching more than 300 young children who had been so horribly affected by the tsunami that wreaked death and destruction across South-East Asia on December 26 last year. 

It had been a moving experience for all involved, not least for Mills and Jordan, who had been bowled over by the courage and resilience of the children, many of whom had lost their parents in a disaster that claimed more than 200,000 lives. As they sat down to eat, they felt proud. Proud that they had touched so many children’s lives. Proud of the remarkable healing power of football. It had been a day that they would never forget. 

Little did they and the rest of the people at that table know that the next few hours would also be unforgettable, but for the wrong reasons. A day that had shown football in all its glory would end with one player dragging the sport back into the gutter. 

Richard Dunne and Joey Barton had chatted away over the course of the dinner, as good friends do. They were happy to be in Thailand and were looking forward to the start of the new Barclays Premiership season. 

After dinner had finished, Stuart Pearce, the City manager, had given Barton and Dunne permission to enjoy some free time because neither was scheduled to play today against Everton in the FA Premier League Asia Trophy, a quadrangular tournament also featuring Bolton Wanderers and the Thailand Under-23 team. 

How Pearce, a bright, witty, engaging man and a promising young manager, must be regretting that decision. 

While some players headed off and did their own thing, Barton and Dunne decided to return to the Radisson Hotel, where they and the rest of the squad were staying, for a few drinks. The Blackie Sports Pub is on the lower lobby floor of the hotel, an unspectacular but friendly drinking hole. 

Barton and Dunne had been there for a few hours by the time I arrived, at about 1.30am local time yesterday. I had been busy filing that day’s stories to the sports desk in London in the hours before and decided to have a nightcap before I went to bed. 

Both players appeared to be merry and quietly enjoying themselves with a few members of City’s backroom staff and a group of Everton fans who had travelled independently to watch their team compete in the Asia Trophy. It was a reassuring, harmonious scene — supporters warmly engaging with players from an opposing club. That would all change in a few ugly, violent minutes. 

Barton had been amicably chatting to a young Everton fan, but soon it became apparent that the 15-year-old, cheeky as so many teenagers are, had apparently overstepped the mark and was goading the player. Rather than walking away, as he should have done, Barton became embroiled in a slanging match, at which point the teenager appeared to kick out, catching the player on a shin. 

Incensed, Barton seemed to lose control, slapping the boy hard across the face in a reprehensible moment of madness. No one could believe what they had seen, but Barton was not finished. With the boy screaming obscenities at him, the player, his face contorted with rage, raced over and began squaring up to the youngster. “I’m going to f*** you up,” Barton barked incessantly at the boy, who by now cut a terrified figure. 

Enter Dunne. Appalled by his team-mate’s actions, the Ireland defender walked up and attempted to calm Barton and take him to his room. Dunne, once the bad boy of the City team, has been a reformed character recently and was desperate to defuse the situation. 

But Barton was having none of it. As Dunne went to grab him and march him back to his room, Barton lunged at his team-mate and sent both of them crashing to the marble-tiled floor. The bang made me wince. 

Barton then appeared to sink his teeth into one of Dunne’s fingers. The defender emerged from the mêlée clutching his hand, blood dripping everywhere. Dunne was shouting “he’s f******* bitten me, he’s f******* bitten me. I can’t believe it.” By now, others were wading in to try to break up a brawl that would not have looked out of place in a bar in the old Wild West. 

Barton was dragged across another side of the room, at which point an older, plump, grey-haired Everton supporter put the player in a headlock and began hitting him on the head as glasses and beer bottles were sent flying over the blood-soaked floor. 
Breaking free, Barton tried to launch himself at Dunne. He was held back by a Premier League press officer, who had just arrived on the scene after an evening out. 

To make matters worse, Dunne kicked a wall in anger and is suspected to have broken a bone in a foot. He had gone out for a quiet drink but ended up being embarrassed in the most unimaginable way by his team-mate. 

“Why is this happening? Joey, Joey,” he kept shouting. With the help of a couple of others, I held Dunne back, my T-shirt getting splattered with his blood as we urgently handed him tissues. This tug-of-war carried on for about ten minutes before Barton was hauled into a lift and taken straight to his room. Others at the scene pleaded with shocked hotel staff not to call the police. 

Dunne returned to a friend’s room a little later, tears in his eyes, an emotional wreck. It was a truly sad sight.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:30pm
Never a fan of him and i am not going to start now Approve

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:17am
Where does the part were he stubbed a cigar out on a City youth team player come into that story?

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 9:31am
What was the point of Bohsfans post anyway? Is Barton in the news or something? Very odd.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 7:04am
http://www.balls.ie/football/joey-barton-has-had-some-harsh-words-for-the-man-whose-eye-he-used-to-stub-out-a-cigar/319960" rel="nofollow - http://www.balls.ie/football/joey-barton-has-had-some-harsh-words-for-the-man-whose-eye-he-used-to-stub-out-a-cigar/319960

One thing I'll give Barton is that he always speaks his mind

I for one like him .

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 8:25am
In fairness he's dead right here. Yer man trying to use Barton as an excuse to get out of beating women is just sad.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 4:35pm
Joey Burnleys player of the season?

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

Joey Burnleys player of the season?
He will be in the top two for sure only Gray can beat him Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 7:16am
Barton getting linked with a move to Ibrox.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 3:29pm

Barton getting linked with a move to Ibrox.
Bottom line DM is that he wants a two year contract at the Turf otherwise he will walk .

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2016 at 5:31pm
Sevco trying to sign Barton.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:13pm

Sevco trying to sign Barton.
Yep it seems that Rangers want to give him a 3 year deal , sad to lose him but that's football , wait and see i would say but Joey is holding all the aces .

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:47pm
Has tweeted that he was a Celtic fan in the past, he has tweeted just about everything though.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:54pm
**** of a person, **** of a club. A perfect match.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:08pm
He'll be a terrific signing for Rangers. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 21 May 2016 at 1:15pm
Joey spot on with this. 

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiAw_KWkuvMAhXHAxoKHWHyDRsQqQIIHTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-news%2Fjoey-barton-calls-boris-johnson-8015020&usg=AFQjCNFJbwuWtjQee7zjgcHQaAXEBqDIlg&bvm=bv.122448493,d.d2s" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton calls Boris Johnson a "prized c***" in epic anti-Brexit Twitter essay
Mirror.co.u

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2016 at 5:00am
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/831749372?-919:978:0" rel="nofollow - Joey Barton mocks Alan Pardew on Twitter

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:34pm
Going to be doing punditry on TV3 for euros

Posted By: seaninmor
Date Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:08pm
And that's him on his way to Rangers.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36360594" rel="nofollow - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36360594

Not happy about that. He'll be decent for them, and he's a bit of craic. It'll be like a budget version of when when Gazza joined. 

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:15pm
The OF Derby will be very spicy with him and brown at each other

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:29pm
Glasgow Derby

Date Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:37pm
All the tweets alluding to his Celtic support and anti-monarchy add to the entertainment. He is a good signing for them, wouldn't have wanted him near us now but different circumstances.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 24 May 2016 at 12:48am
Scott Brown v Joey Barton. 

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 24 May 2016 at 1:52am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Scott Brown v Joey Barton. 
Brown will have to improve on this season if he is to stay in the team.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net