Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=9143
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ronaldo Boo Boys
Posted By: BigStrongMan
Subject: Ronaldo Boo Boys
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:29am
Any truth in da rumour that the Hoop army were booing him because he was pictured in all the papers playing Hurling at training,i knew u guys dispise the GAA but this is getting silly..................

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Replies:
Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:44am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Any truth in da rumour that the Hoop army were booing him because he was pictured in all the papers playing Hurling at training,i knew u guys dispise the GAA but this is getting silly..................

Bit lame BSM LOL........to be fair there wasn't much booing and to be fair to Ronaldo there was no acting the idiot either.  Salgado got booked for diving by Alan Kelly, terrible decision! LOL

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:45am
was hoping nobody took the bait on that one - well done FW..

pathetic dive from salgado alright, then he tried making out he wasnt lookin for a peno by jumping straight back up!

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:47am
Anyone know why the booing then??

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:51am

obviously cause he's a high profile former united player..ireland fans booed van nistlerooy in 2001 in lansdowne cause he had just signed for united and booed jaap stam cause he had just left..just barstoolers..

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:58am
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

obviously cause he's a high profile former united player..ireland fans booed van nistlerooy in 2001 in lansdowne cause he had just signed for united and booed jaap stam cause he had just left..just barstoolers..
i booed cause they re ****s

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:59am

They boo for the sake of the event; hence the name event junkies and that was event junky paradise last night. Lets not forget all those muppets that booed a player they believed to be Lovenkrands all those years ago in Lansdowne FFS.

All in all though, as BB stated, I was pleasantly surprised by the reaction of the fans to Madrid…..i was expecting half the crowd to be in United/ Madrid jerseys. The majority of fans, from what I seen on the telly, seemed to be wearing Rovers or some type of Irish gear…

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:01am
AS it was broadcast all over da world on SKY doesnt paint a good picture of Rovers or Irish football fans in general,was Heinze booed or Dudek?You get one of the best players in the world to play in your stadium then you boo him.And it was rovers fans booing not just "barstoolers"-whatever they are

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:05am

AS it was broadcast all over da world on SKY doesnt paint a good picture of Rovers or Irish football fans in general,was Heinze booed or Dudek?You get one of the best players in the world to play in your stadium then you boo him.And it was rovers fans booing not just "barstoolers"-whatever they are

again i presume ur fishing about here..ronaldo gets booed almost everywhere he goes - cause a lot of fans hate the way he goes on throwing himself all over the place and throwing strops like a child when he doesnt get a decision..rovers fans are no different..

rovers only did themselves and the lge proud last night - and u know that as well as i do..

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:07am
Ronaldo gets booed wherever he plays. A lot of people hate him in general so they'll boo him. Probably over the way he has dived and done his play acting on the pitch. They could also just be jealous..

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:09am

A few fans booing that ponce Ronaldo is still nowhere near as the Lions fans singing Sweeeeeeeet Chariot……now that was an embarrassment for sport in general LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 6:16am
The booing as I said was extremely small, it's just not an issue this thread.  Give it over BSM, quit this wan while you're behind!

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: bmorgan87
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 6:39am
everbody boos ronaldo cuz hes a prick...

is it true though they would boo people for liking gaa down south!?!

and we get abuse from the southeners about being 'british' or watever..

even thou we dominate the gaa (gaelic side) Big%20smile

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 6:44am
ulster have won 16 of over 110 all irelands , some domination....

and i would have booed every touch that gimp ronaldo made had i been there

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:04am
Ronaldo was booed...and rightly so.
Heinze was booed (diving ***t)
Dudek was booed.

They were applauded of the pitch at the end,along with the rovers team, and isn't that what sport is about i.e. rivalry and try intimidate the opposition.

Ah sure next time we'll all throw roses at them

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Posted By: Gouldinho09
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:07am
The best player in the world and one of the greatest of all time arrives on our fair isle and he gets booed

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

The best player in the world and one of the greatest of all time arrives on our fair isle and he gets booed

Link?? Can you confirm??

I'm sure others will agree with me when i say Gary Twigg gets a very warm reception in TallaghtSmile

-------------
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

yeah but that was in dalymount , what do you expect ?
anyway that was 40 years ago , get over it  Wink

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:41am
Ronaldo was also cheered in fairness. Always going to happen to the best players

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:48am

Real Madrid's record £80m signing Cristiano Ronaldo was constantly booed by some fans on his debut as the Spanish side beat Shamrock Rovers 1-0.

The winger left Manchester United to join Real this summer but had a bow to forget as he came off at half-time.

Ronaldo also suffered taunts of "who are ya?" when he sent a free-kick wide before Karim Benzema's late winner.

from the BBC site, love it LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Real Madrid's record £80m signing Cristiano Ronaldo was constantly booed by some fans on his debut as the Spanish side beat Shamrock Rovers 1-0.

The winger left Manchester United to join Real this summer but had a bow to forget as he came off at half-time.

Ronaldo also suffered taunts of "who are ya?" when he sent a free-kick wide before Karim Benzema's late winner.

from the BBC site, love it LOL

A bow to forget?? WTF?  It was a pre-season friendly FFS, of course he was only gonna play one half, sure Pellegrini took EVERY outfield player off at half-time!  Jaysus......

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:56am

Lions fans singing Sweeeeeeeet Chariot……now that was an embarrassment for sport in general LOL

HM if you knew anything about the liosn then you would know that the fans of all teams sing their own songs ,

do you honestly think any irish , scottish or welsh man joined in to sing that sh1te?? don't be daft..

have to admit i joined in for bread of heaven in brisbane in 2001 thoughThumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:58am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Lions fans singing Sweeeeeeeet Chariot……now that was an embarrassment for sport in general LOL

HM if you knew anything about the liosn then you would know that the fans of all teams sing their own songs ,

do you honestly think any irish , scottish or welsh man joined in to sing that sh1te?? don't be daft..

have to admit i joined in for bread of heaven in brisbane in 2001 thoughThumbs%20Up

That bait was there for BSM, not you Milla Thumbs%20Down

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:58am

You're a greedy **** Milla.........

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:05am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

You're a greedy **** Milla.........

LOLLOL

Hunga

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:06am

That bait was there for BSM, not you Milla Thumbs%20Down

BSM is wise to all your tricks HM... LOL

-------------

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
We also sang Youll never play for Rovers. Get over it its only banter ...

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:01am
Ronaldo was booed when we played Portugal in a friendly in Lansdowne aswell,along with any oppostion player who plays or played for Manchester United.He was always going to get a few boos but there was nothing malicious about it,just part of the panto that surrounds him..

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:32am
Im sure  Madrid cant wait to come back next year,id say they will go somewere were they are appreciated,clowns

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:35am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Ronaldo was booed...and rightly so.
Heinze was booed (diving ***t)
Dudek was booed.

They were applauded of the pitch at the end,along with the rovers team, and isn't that what sport is about i.e. rivalry and try intimidate the opposition.

Ah sure next time we'll all throw roses at them
Yeah in a competitive game

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:50am
The Herald makes for cringeworthy reading (as always) surrounding the circus Ronaldo.  Some young wans blagged their way in, no tickets, not even football fans just to see Ronaldo.  "He's gorgeous, etc etc......" Angry

-------------

Posted By: DTID
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:04am

Im sure  Madrid cant wait to come back next year,id say they will go somewere were they are appreciated,clowns

Maybe he can go to your house then and you can rub oil on him and such Wink

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:18am
O no, booing a football game???????

What has the world come to??

Posted By: OldBawnHoop
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:22am

Embarrassed Me thinks you like Ronaldo a little much

Posted By: MariborKev
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 6:01pm

Seriously?

He was playing for a foreign team, against an Irish team. 

Wise up.  Player gets booed shocker.  Sure send him your leprechaun hat in the postConfused

Posted By: Saint Sylvester
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 4:16am
So some overpaid, over hyped, selfish, media hoor, cheating prima dona got a few boo's, big deal.

I'd love to go back to the days when entire teams got stick and a few boo's when playing here, non of this old can't say anything that may offened craic.
 I'm sure he'll get a lot worse when he visits the Nou Camp next season, plus he''ll be able to see Messi the best player in the world once again destroy the team he's playing for like Messi did back in Rome in May.

-------------
See I don't give a f**k, thats my problem,I see a mudda f**king cop I don't dodge em. NWA

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 8:48am
when is dudu coming back to ireland ?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net