Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=8362
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: david bentley
Posted By: bossofthemoss
Subject: david bentley
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:15am

david bentley came out yesterday saying he is in talks with villa.

can only see this as a good thing, he was quality at blackburn and i think the type of player he is will bring a bit of tactical diversity to villas midfield.

Replies:
Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:25am
t**ser

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:29am

chav ****

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 3:30am
hes sooooooooooo up his own hole

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:08am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

hes sooooooooooo up his own hole

big strong man whats your LOI team and foreign one if you have one that is ?

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:38am
Bohwis,thinking of changing to rovers thou,they on da look out for new fans,will accept any from what i hear,i love a good bandwagon

-------------

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:47am

Bohwis,thinking of changing to rovers thou,they on da look out for new fans,will accept any from what i hear,i love a good bandwagon

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 4:50am

LOL

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:38am
From my source in Brum I have been told we will sign Huddlestone(£5m),Bentley(£7m),Drenthe(£4m), Owen(12month deal) and Distin(free).

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Sono_il_capo Sono_il_capo wrote:

From my source in Brum I have been told we will sign Huddlestone(£5m),Bentley(£7m),Drenthe(£4m), Owen(12month deal) and Distin(free).

Not bad at all apart from maybe Huddlestone, not a big fan. Bentley I think can recover his career. Drenthe, haven't seen much of him since he left the Dutch league but was brilliant there. Owen risk but could pay off. Distin will help fell the gap left by Laurson

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:45am
Quality signings there IMO Sono

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 8:50am
Be very surprised if we got Drenthe but the others are realistic, decent enough source though, he told me our fixtures this morning before they were officially announced Thumbs%20Up

Drenthe did fook all @ Real also, he was part of that promising U21 Holland squad with Babel in it and look how he turned out Confused

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 9:15am

Be very surprised if we got Drenthe but the others are realistic, decent enough source though, he told me our fixtures this morning before they were officially announced Thumbs%20Up

Drenthe did fook all @ Real also, he was part of that promising U21 Holland squad with Babel in it and look how he turned out Confused

Hope Babel stays at Liverpool and gets a run upfront when Torres is not playing. Babel is the reason I don't think we need another striker cause I believe we have a quality player there if we use him right. He shouldn't have to concentrate on defensive duties which is what he is instructed to do at Liverpool when playing on the wings and it takes away from his natural game, similar to what happened to Duff when Jose took over Chelsea

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 9:33am
Agreed Andy Thumbs%20Up

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 11:02am
i'd be happy with those signings sono

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 11:07am
Boss - There are flights for the first game of the season for €12 same day return if u are looking to head over, u cant go wrong at those prices.

Bit worried about signing Drenthe tbh but as I said the source is good so it seems very possible he will be in claret and blue next season.

Don't be surprised to see Harry Fiddler try to get a deal with A Young together with the dealings of Huddlestone and Bentley too.

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 12:40pm
nice one.

I wouldn't worry about redknob, they'l end up signing some random czech striker with a massive bung and a gaff in spain thrown in.

i think bentley is hoping we sign him, it'd be the best he could hope for.

i'll believe it when i see it though, mon pulls these out of the bag. sure wasn't last year all about de la red

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:39pm
De La Red was only ever sh*te talk tbh Boss.

All of these transfers could be all rubbish as well but this info has come from a source in the club so let's wait and see.

Let's hope there are no more Emile Heskeys out there Angry

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 6:15pm
Been told bentley and Distin will be signing this week. Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:07am

And that’s a good thing Sono?!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

And that’s a good thing Sono?!

Well Monster Bentley can be good on his day and if anyone can get the best out of him it will be Martin. He is not great in the transfer market but he is good at getting the best out of middle of the road players.

Distin I think is a good centre half which we need, very solid so yes I think this is good news Thumbs%20Up

Would love the Yak @ the club too, he is a class finisher.

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:29am

Fair enough Sono, you are correct in saying that O’Neill can get the best out of players. Bit unsure of Distan though. No one can replace Laursen though…..my number 1 fantasy football defender Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:38am
He was a fookin rock alright, u dont play with AC Milan and not be a good defender (except for Senderos of course) Obviously I would prefer some better signings but MON has a policy of either English or ex celtic players and it fookin wrecks my head.

It is well known that MON isn't good in the transfer market. Emile Heskey,Harewood,Sutton,Salifou,Routledge,Shorey to name but a few! Angry

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:42am
Unfair comment,every manager buys dudes,benitez has waaaaay more than that

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:45am
HE signed sutton,lennon+balde at celtic-backbone of his success there

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:00am
BSM I have spoken to Celtic fans about his transfer dealings and they back up what I have said above.

It's not an unfair comment at all, he has made some good buys with Villa but there has been serious money wasted, £9m for Reo Coker, £3.5m Harewood, £5m Sidwell, £8m for Cuellar, £3.5m for Heskey.

That's almost £30m I would say was not well spent.

Also I couldn't care less what Rafa does in the transfer market we are talking about MON here.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:07am
Yes some shocking buys at villa but some v good ones at celtic,im sure his record up there speaks for itself,he cud sell ashley young for twice what he paid for him

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:11am
If Chelsea come in for Young then I would imagine we would get close to £25m for him. I am not sayin that I think that he is worth that or anything but a young english talent just names Young PFA bullsh*t and the media are good at hyping these players up so if we got £25m I would say very good business.

His record @ Celtic was excellent alright and I can't argue with you there, just saying what some Celtic fans have told me about his transfer dealings.

We really need to add a serious amount of quality players this summer and not adding sh*te on top of the sh*te that's already there, totally found out after Christmas with the buys he made.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:15am
Swapping baros for carew was great businessThumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:33am

Swapping baros for carew was great businessThumbs%20Up

Best bit of business anyone could ever have done. Clap

Carew, A.Young,Milner(although a little bit over priced), L.Young and Friedel were all good signings the rest were pretty poor imo.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:41am
Petrov getting better with every season

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:45am
Apologies BSM Embarrassed I don't know how I forgot Petrov, player of the season just gone, absolutely top drawer no nonsense midfielder.

Posted By: bmorgan87
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:53am
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

david bentley came out yesterday saying he is in talks with villa.

can only see this as a good thing, he was quality at blackburn and i think the type of player he is will bring a bit of tactical diversity to villas midfield.

didnt read any other posts in this thread but just avta say..
Wat R U On About!?!
the man is 1 of manyyy over-rated English players!
he isnt better than Palacios, Lennon, Modric, Zakora and many other Spurs midfielders, thats why he'l move on!
I love to see players like him moving to a bigger club, cuz then the english press can finaly stop saying how great he is when they finaly see how crap he really is.. same with that Downing lad..he is brutal! - and i dont think any1 will be stupid enough to buy him, hes in the championship and thats the standard of player he is!

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:58am
Thanks for that input Morgan Confused

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:22am
Please dont call Martin, MON, every time I read it I think it's slang for a retard.

Bentley overhyped, yes, sh*t, no.
If Villa buy him for 6million Marty could get him back in form and could work out a nice bit of business. All players need a run of games it just never happened at Spurs

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Please dont call Martin, MON, every time I read it I think it's slang for a retard.

Bentley overhyped, yes, sh*t, no.
If Villa buy him for 6million Marty could get him back in form and could work out a nice bit of business. All players need a run of games it just never happened at Spurs

MON is what he is called by all Villa fans on any of their forums so deal with it Hoskins! Angry

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:49am
in mon we trust

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:56am

in mon we trust

Clap

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 10:53am
bentley is a f**kin scumbag

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 8:04pm
Stewart Downing would still need to pass a medical even to come on a years loan,as Villa would be paying his wages,though he was asked to look at his medical records he will still be out for between eight and ten weeks,yes the clubs have talked but the sticking point is how much of his weekly wages Villa will pick up,he seems to think this will go through though.

Tuncay Boro are asking top money for him,and apparently he is on 45 grand a week, this is a no go unless he lowers his wage demands.

Veloso A team of Villa officials were in Portugal yesterday trying to thrash out a deal, the word is they now want 14 million for him with 75% up front this is a no go.

Delph Leeds turned down 3.5 million from Villa apparently Ken Bates wants 7 million, unless something gives this is now shot to pieces. Though another bid is going in tonight.

Naughton from Sheff Utd they want 7 million for him he was never at Villa at the moment there is no chance of this on happening.

There are two more names in the frame, Bentley isnt one of them and im saying no more.

Make of this what you will,but he is respected and I trust him.Thats all I have for now.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 1:13pm

Stewart Downing would still need to pass a medical even to come on a years loan,as Villa would be paying his wages,though he was asked to look at his medical records he will still be out for between eight and ten weeks,yes the clubs have talked but the sticking point is how much of his weekly wages Villa will pick up,he seems to think this will go through though.

Tuncay Boro are asking top money for him,and apparently he is on 45 grand a week, this is a no go unless he lowers his wage demands.

Veloso A team of Villa officials were in Portugal yesterday trying to thrash out a deal, the word is they now want 14 million for him with 75% up front this is a no go.

Delph Leeds turned down 3.5 million from Villa apparently Ken Bates wants 7 million, unless something gives this is now shot to pieces. Though another bid is going in tonight.

Naughton from Sheff Utd they want 7 million for him he was never at Villa at the moment there is no chance of this on happening.

There are two more names in the frame, Bentley isnt one of them and im saying no more.

Make of this what you will,but he is respected and I trust him.Thats all I have for now.

One down Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:35am
Well Downing has signed a 4 year deal and passed a medical.

Anyone wana tell me how he can pass a medical when he is still bloody injured?? Confused

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:52am
Sono, is Mongo still going to sign Bentley. 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Sono, is Mongo still going to sign Bentley. 

Not sure about Mongo but MON could still sign him alright from what I have been told the deal is still alive alright.

Distin, Tuncay and Bentley are the next ones lined up so I hear anyway.

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:00am
bentley  way overrated, wneger outed him,  english press slaughtered wenger last summer after the "big spurs move" that was gonna propel them into top four, arsene had last laugh. he spends more time on tanning sessions than training sessions.....tartAngry

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 11:03am

I think he could do well at Villa tbh Packie.

He isn't everyones cup of tea but he is defo talented that's for sure.

Need to get rid of NRC as well for this move to make sense.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 10:34am
any other noises coming from bodymoor heath sono?

mon is so good at keeping it quiet.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:41am
2 medicals booked in for this week, Distin and possibly Jenas I have been told. Don't be surprised if it is Bentley though Cool

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 8:52am
stuart downing - the only player in history to pass a medical on crutchesLOL

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:06pm
Just seeing this now Gazsh, can't understand that one myself about the medical, very odd.

Anyway Distin headin to Spain tmw to tie up this deal so should be a Villa player shortly. Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

2 down Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: totti
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:10am
Wow, who would have thought it, another villa thread.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 11:12am
Eh no totti its not Confused

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:38am
Gary Cahill on his way back to Villa apparently, £8m. Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:42am

Gary Cahill on his way back to Villa apparently, £8m. Thumbs%20Up

brilliant, we're starting to look a bit stronger now!

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:49am
Don't hold me to that one Boss but it seems he has an 8m buy out clause and would like to come back to us so here's hoping.

Coming in for Bassong off Newcastle now as well apparently, not so sure about that one.

Still though we need another striker and if we get Cahill and Bassong in it mite not look to bad and also some good youngsters coming through as well Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 7:38am

albrighton looked like a class act albeit in preseason. i remember hearing we had first option on cahill if bolton were to sell.

a mate of mine knows a coach at villa, he said we've had scouts at newcastle games since the end of last year and in to preseason. i don't know how true it is but it may explain the links. he tipped off the luke young signing last year way before the papers even got it in their gossip column. 

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 2:18am
Rumours this morning is a deal has been agreed for Tuncay to come to Villa, around £7m, this lad would be a quality signing imo.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 10:26am
Anyone up the Crossmaglen way catch his match last night?

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 10:38am
kicked 3 points and very impressive by all accounts

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 1:16pm

Gary Cahill on his way back to Villa apparently, �8m. Thumbs%20Up

brilliant, we're starting to look a bit stronger now!

Where'd he end up in the end?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: d13dave
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 1:56pm
bentley's a strange one. 

he was not a bad player, nowhere near as good as hyped up to be but not bad. Just don't think he liked playing football or had the hunger to improve.

As for kicking points for Crossmaglen - thought i had dreamt it until i was online today. Bizzare

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 2:46pm
a few vids from last night on youtube. the seconds hilarious LOL

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 10:35pm
eh what sport is he playing?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:35am
a bit of bogball for crossmaglen. hes swooped with Aaron Kernan whos away to Sunderland. its all part of the TV3 programme broadcast on the 9th March

-------------
put em under pressure!

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:51am

Its this interminible Gah need to be loved as seen by the hissy fit they threw over Hunt's comments. Would be a hoot if the Gah players were way off the pace and added to the fact Bentley seems to have picked up a decent standard of Gaelic in a couple of days.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:53am
Wonder seeing as it's Crossmaglen will he be taking part in other activities around there alsoShocked

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:55am
LOL
Was actually gonna joke saying it wont be long til RTID makes an appearance on this thread

Unbelievable

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:48pm
Nothing unbelievable about it.

What scenario is more likely?

A professional athlete of 20 years taking up an amateur game played over 70 minutes to moderate success

A 31 year old office worker going to an EPL side and making it in a sport he has never played to a high standard.

Only in Ireland would this get past the drawing board.

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:54pm
I don't think i have ever seen Aaron Kernan play anything, i don't think, i would be hugely surprised if he went on to play Association Football at anything beyond local level.
Has Bentley been playing for anyone? He would not have been the first name on my list of ex EPL players to end up kicking points in the GAA!

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL
Was actually gonna joke saying it wont be long til RTID makes an appearance on this thread

Unbelievable

he's obsessed LOL

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I don't think i have ever seen Aaron Kernan play anything, i don't think, i would be hugely surprised if he went on to play Association Football at anything beyond local level.
Has Bentley been playing for anyone? He would not have been the first name on my list of ex EPL players to end up kicking points in the GAA!
The point of this show is to 'prove' that an ex intercounty GAA player is as likely to make the cut at top level football as an ex international footballer is to make it at club gaelic football. I believe a hurler is trying baseball.

Watch the uproar if they play it straight and show the Kernan chasing huffing and puffing shadows while a load of 19 year olds run him ragged

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:11pm
They have done it also with Jackie Tyrrell heading to the Miami Marlins MLB team to swop with one of the former catchers.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net