Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=800
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Baggott Inn
Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Subject: Baggott Inn
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2007 at 4:04pm
Was in the Baggot Inn last night, first time since it re-opened.  They do the Guinness and Carlsberg taps at the table, I very much like that idea.  I know it's a bit pricier, but you only have to leave your table to go for a p*ss and you drink at whatever speed you want and in fairness the lounge girls are on the ball to give you clean glasses regularly.  Place was bloody packed as well.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Replies:
Posted By: Percy
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 5:57am
same deal in the Kiltipper pub.... 50 steps from my door( counted them last night)  haven't tried it yet ... does it work like a petrol pump where you pay so much a litre or wha?

-------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy

Posted By: stiofain
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 3:16pm
Woah; they have taps at the table? Never seen that at all. Technology these days...

-------------
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"

Posted By: darmurt
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 6:59pm
how much to fill yer own pint???

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 7:10pm
darmurt, what happens is you give your credit card details to the lounge girl but you can still pay cash at the end of the night.  The taps record and show you on a digital display how many pints you've had during the session so there's no argument there.  I left before payment (I was fckn wrecked) but I was told that it was 5 squid a pint so I just threw the money I drank at me pal and wobbled out for the Nitelink. 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2007 at 7:13pm
that sounds like great fun altogether Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: The_Yank
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 8:48am
I look forward to checking that place out

-------------
UCD Physios ...We feel you up when you're feeling down

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 8:51am
pity the fool who puts his credit card details behind the bar if you're out drinking with LYA, as boozebag and hungry git are 2 words that come to mind!
In fairness you would get stung if you were with a big corwd and it was your card feeding the meter!

-------------

Posted By: ernesto guevara
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 2:29pm
sh1t ill have to check this out,sounds like a quality spot now for a nite out.

-------------
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Posted By: bob tomatos
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 3:07pm

Deadly place like that out near Dun Laoghaire but alot cheaper tho,

By walkin to the fridge ur pint of cider is 1Euro 58

-------------
Like man its only a game of ball dude!!!! yeah rite Mup...

Posted By: L.Y.A.
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

pity the fool who puts his credit card details behind the bar if you're out drinking with LYA, as boozebag and hungry git are 2 words that come to mind!
In fairness you would get stung if you were with a big corwd and it was your card feeding the meter!

Once again Count you try to tarnish my good name.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net