Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=731
Printed Date: 09 May 2024 at 12:34pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best national fans
Posted By: oohahhpaulmcgra
Subject: Best national fans
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 1:13pm
WE are the self proclaimed best AWAY fans in the world but who are the others?

THe Dutch are always a good laugh and travel in good numbers

Replies:
Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 1:19pm
the scots are similar to ourselves. in terms of clubs i'd say celtic are as good as you can get - you only have to look back at the uefa cup final to remember the atmosphere they made in seville that night

-------------

Posted By: FrancoB
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 1:36pm
Yep, the dutch are great craic , I remember on the way back from the Amsterdam Arena after 2-2, on a jammers train singing " We beat the Dutch 2 all .... we beat the dutch 2 all " and the dutch fans all joined in, ah the memories  

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 2:29pm
The Germans were decent over here and I was very impressed with the Swiss in Basel

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 2:44pm
are they from Garmania GerK?

-------------

Posted By: ernesto guevara
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 3:19pm

FRANCO B,thats a great shout,what a nite that was, the dutch fans were so welcoming that nite towards us that u nearly got the feeling they were disapointed we didnt beat them.they would have done anything for us, was well inpressed with the germans in stuttgart and croker but apart from our fine selves the dutch r defo the best out there.

-------------
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Posted By: ernesto guevara
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 3:25pm

forgot to mention the dutch in anfield in '95 for the playoff, dutch singing with us "WE WANT JACK" "WE WANT JACK" and charlton comin out with dutch flag and ciggar to both sets of supporters singing "Youll never walk alone" brings a tear to the eye,emotional as fook.God bless the Dutch,God bless J.C, legends

-------------
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

are they from Garmania GerK?

Garmania?? You ok Count?

Posted By: gouldinho
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 2:55am
South Korea you foolish people

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 3:29am
I always had reservations about the Dutch cos they always either knocked us out of tournaments (Euro 88, WC94, Euro 96) or we got honourable draws (WC90, Amsterdam 2000) but that unforgettable day when McAteer scored, in fairness the Dutch took it extremely well.  Dutch for me. Wasn't in S.Korea so couldn't call that.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 4:03am
The Slovakians impressed me in Croke Park, not so much impressed with them in Bratislava though.

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 4:07am
Dont forget the san marinians!!!

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: oohahhpaulmcgra
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 7:40am

THe english are always up for a laugh and are really nice people too.LOL

Posted By: L.Y.A.
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 7:48am
Nothing beats the Windsor Park Roar...me and me mate Jackie Fullerton singing the night away as we qualified for USA 94. What a welcome, what a match what fans. NORN IRON all the way.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 7:54am

Them 36 Cypriat blokes in hill 16 - LegendsTongue

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2007 at 7:56am
Ah yes the memories flood back fondly, Billy Binman extending the hand of friendship across the security fences towards his Fenian brotherhood.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net